Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

Arietta is Back After One of WorstcTtades in Club History (Article)

9 posts in this topic

Interestingly, the writer (responsibly) points out that other than Arietta, there really aren't (m)any other pitchers who bombed here and blossomed elsewhere.

I still don't believe Arrieta would've figured it out in Baltimore. Glad he was successful somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I still don't believe Arrieta would've figured it out in Baltimore. Glad he was successful somewhere else.

Let me re-phrase that for you:

I still don't believe the O's would have figured out Arietta here in Baltimore. Glad he was successful somewhere else.

25 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Let me re-phrase that for you:

I still don't believe the O's would have figured out Arietta here in Baltimore. Glad he was successful somewhere else.

It all depends on the organization. Only in New England could have Tom Brady been successful. 

2 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

It all depends on the organization. Only in New England could have Tom Brady been successful. 

True, because the New England Patriots are proven cheaters. Brady would have had to win his rings clean elsewhere.

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

True, because the New England Patriots are proven cheaters. Brady would have had to win his rings clean elsewhere.

Damn straight:  culture of cheating filth.

Posted (edited)

Arrieta is reflective of an Orioles system that has had trouble developing bona fide starters since Mussina. We may be breaking that awful streak with Bundy but the jury is still out.

Having said that... is there anyone who thought running Arrieta out there every fifth day was a good idea for an Orioles team in contention for the first time in more than a decade? The guy was a train wreck. Granted, it may have been the Orioles coaching team that flipped the wrong switch and put the north bound train on the south bound track but it was still a train wreck.

I don't believe that Arrieta would have become a Cy Young pitcher in an Orioles uniform. It just didn't work out. He needed a fresh start. We needed to move on. It's painful, but sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.

Edited by JoyinMudville

He could have blamed the Orioles for his lack of success and for giving up on him too early, but Arrieta has always taken the absolute high road.

Didn't Arrieta completely throw the organization and clubhouse under the bus?