Calamari

Texas Proves that Defunding Family Planning Services Actually Leads to More Abortions

109 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Nonsense.  What is causing an increase in abortions is more men and women deciding that their personal convenience is more important than the life of the fetus.

Yeah, because going to a doctor for an abortion is just so more convenient than popping a pill.

So far, on this thread you have not made a single post that makes any sense.

Manny gets it though. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Your thoughts on morality are a joke.  Abortions have nothing to do with healthcare.

And yet you say you support abortions for the health of the mother.

Clueless

Edited by hst2

56 minutes ago, demopublican said:

If you want to reduce abortion you should increase birth control.  If that is not obvious you are either dumb or blinded by religion 

I have no problem with increasing birth control as part of a program for reducing abortions, and have posted such many times.

49 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Yeah, because going to a doctor for an abortion is just so more convenient than popping a pill.

So far, on this thread you have not made a single post that makes any sense.

Manny gets it though. :rolleyes:

You really make stuff as you go, don't you.  I suppose that falsehood is better than acknowledging your avid support for ending life.

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, hst2 said:

And yet you say you support abortions for the health of the mother.

Clueless

Your bolding the word doesn't make your post any less foolish nor does it hide taking terms out of context.

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

20 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Your bolding the word doesn't make your post any less foolish nor does it hide taking terms out of context.

You are talking with a guy that would walk around wearing  a vagina hat. 

14 hours ago, Manny said:

Why do you people celebrate abortion like it's such a great thing?

Way to create a steawman and attack that instead. You righties are beyond pathetic...

11 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I have no problem with increasing birth control as part of a program for reducing abortions, and have posted such many times.

So you agree that reducing access to birth control is likely to increase teen births and abortions?

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Way to create a steawman and attack that instead. You righties are beyond pathetic...

He is not a righty.  He is a troll.

17 minutes ago, demopublican said:

He is not a righty.  He is a troll.

Do you always talk to yourself?

13 hours ago, Manny said:

You people deflect your love of abortion by attacking me. I seriously don't know how people could support abortion at-will. I do make exceptions for heath of mother, health of baby, rape and incest.

How can an abortion be for the health of the baby?

12 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

So you have no problem with PP providing BC to people in need?

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

So you have no problem with PP providing BC to people in need?

I've posted here any number of times that I have no problem with any form of birth control except the Plan B options.  Why is that so hard to believe?

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

54 minutes ago, demopublican said:

So you agree that reducing access to birth control is likely to increase teen births and abortions?

No.  I agree that reducing access to birth control is likely to increase the number of teenage pregnancies.  The decision to abort those pregnancies is a different issue.

37 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

How can an abortion be for the health of the baby?

Genetic testing tells a lot.

50 minutes ago, Manny said:

Do you always talk to yourself?

Oh I get it, is that like the I'm rubber and you're glue?

15 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

No.  I agree that reducing access to birth control is likely to increase the number of teenage pregnancies.  The decision to abort those pregnancies is a different issue.

But I imagine that there is a predictable ratio between the number of unwanted pregnancies and the number of abortions. So really the number of abortions is a predictable number.

If the number of pregnancies is zero. The number of abortions would be zero. Increase the number of pregnancies and you'll increase the number of abortions. It's just a question of what the ratio is

13 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Please explain. He claims he supports abortion for health and then says it has nothing to with healthcare.

The ignorant confusion revealed in the posts could not be more obvious; your excusing it couldn't  be more predictable.

13 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Yet you seem to support the hobbling of an organization that is a major provider of it, which begs the question, what is your not having a problem with it worth? The answer: not much.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Yet you seem to support the hobbling of an organization that is a major provider of it, which begs the question, what is your not having a problem with it worth? The answer: not much.

Apparently, and as I have noted before, reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.  I'll try to write this in a way you can understand it.

PP provides a necessary service in providing birth control, family planning, health screening, mammograms and other such real health services.  To the degree that PP can provide those services efficiently, they should be supported in doing so. If some other organization can provide those services more effectively, they should be supported, either instead of or in support of PP.

Abortion is not a health service.

Please.....nobody mention abstinence or how pp launders money for the democrats.

That will really set em off.

14 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Apparently, and as I have noted before, reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.  I'll try to write this in a way you can understand it.

PP provides a necessary service in providing birth control, family planning, health screening, mammograms and other such real health services.  To the degree that PP can provide those services efficiently, they should be supported in doing so. If some other organization can provide those services more effectively, they should be supported, either instead of or in support of PP.

Well, like it or not, abortion IS a health service, and  like all health services, should be performed safely and rarely.

If we had an adequate omnibus health system in this country, PP would be redundant.

..l.but we don't, so it isn't.

19 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

The point is that one who says it isn't a health service claims to support it for the health of the mother.

It's sort of depressing that we live in this alt-universe where this sort of hypocrisy is glossed over by self-righteous so-called pro-lifers who are utterly clueless on the issue.

And yes, I count you among them.

8 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Well, like it or not, abortion IS a health service, and  like all health services, should be performed safely and rarely.

If we had an adequate omnibus health system in this country, PP would be redundant.

..l.but we don't, so it isn't.

Abortion is a health service in the same way the death penalty is a health service.