Calamari

Texas Proves that Defunding Family Planning Services Actually Leads to More Abortions

109 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

If boys can buy condoms so easily, how come it is only the girls who get blamed even though they cannot buy birth control OTC.

What girls can't buy condoms?  

From what I understand, girls need a prescription for some birth control methods because they are internal, which gets the FDA involved.

11 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

What girls can't buy condoms?  

From what I understand, girls need a prescription for some birth control methods because they are internal, which gets the FDA involved.

Girls need a prescription for all birth control except condoms.  I just think it is wrong to except only the girls to make sure that birth control is used.  I here a lot of "she should have kept her legs closed" but very seldom if ever do I here "he should have keep it in his pants"

1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

Kids don't need parents to tell them to use other birth control methods. I came from a Catholic family and started having sex when I was 15. I could buy condoms at any drug store no questions asked. We all learn early on how babies are made. Let's not put the blame on churches, parents or schools, but right where it should be and that is on the kids. 

Indeed, and the greater the avsilability of birth control, the lower the pregnancy rate, thus it is worth making available to women as many different kinds of methods as possible. That brings down the pregnancy rate. However, many people get their health insurance through work, and the right-wing says that if your boss doesn't believe in birth control, he or she can keep it from you from getting it through your insurance plan.

Madness.

11 hours ago, hst2 said:

Indeed, and the greater the avsilability of birth control, the lower the pregnancy rate, thus it is worth making available to women as many different kinds of methods as possible. That brings down the pregnancy rate. However, many people get their health insurance through work, and the right-wing says that if your boss doesn't believe in birth control, he or she can keep it from you from getting it through your insurance plan.

Madness.

Condoms can be bought at any drug store. If kids want to have sex then they can pay for it. 

56 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Condoms can be bought at any drug store. If kids want to have sex then they can pay for it. 

My post is about lowering unwanted pregnancies, yours is about looking for someone to blame for them.

16 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

That's what Texas does and teen pregnancy and abortions are up!

11 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

Yes because teenagers are such a responsible group of people especially when their hormones kick in. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

That"s what new hampshire and vermont do as well and their teen pregnancy rates are at a historical low.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:29 AM, Dr Johnny Fever said:

That"s what new hampshire and vermont do as well and their teen pregnancy rates are at a historical low.

New Hampshire and Vermont actually teach birth control use in health class!