Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

The: "Is there REALLY no one better than Ruben "Almost Guaranteed To Ground Out" Tejada on the roster? game thread

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, at least the O's haven't been blown out in the first two innings tonight. I guess that's progress.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Wow. Imagine that. Bunting for a base hit. What a novel concept.

It would be nice to have a starter with a mediocre 1.30 WHIP and 4.35 ERA to complain about... 

10 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

It would be nice to have a starter with a mediocre 1.30 WHIP and 4.35 ERA to complain about... 

Hell I'd just settle for a starter

In Tejada's defense, he did have three hits last Sunday.

We need Flash!

Where's Janish? ;-)

Are the O's shooting for the Major League record for most 6+ run games given up in a season.

These guys have cashed it in for the year.  What an embarrassment to ask people to pay to watch this bilge.  Blow it up. Blow it all up.  Keep Schoop, Mancini and Britton.  Everybody else can go.

there was a brief home stand where it seemed like they stabilized things but these guy clearly cannot pitch. The season is over.

Can't watch anymore.

I'd love to see them do even a partial salary dump with Davis and maybe Trumbo and see what free agent pitchers are available for next year. Try to win with an infield of mancini, schoop, tbd, and machado.

Who cares? Give Mountcastle a chance.

5 minutes ago, veritas said:

These guys have cashed it in for the year. 

Really?

Its the same (so-called) pitching staff that we started the year with, it's just bad. I don't think they've cashed it in

5 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

...but these guy(s) clearly cannot pitch. The season is over.

Its pathetic and sad that the Front Office assembled this pitching staff and thought it was Major Lesgue caliber.

As Buck once said... Arrieta might not be that good in the AL if he was still here...

13 minutes ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

Season saving rally!!!!!

Falls just short again ...

I heard a comment the other day along the lines of: If NFL players want to have contracts like NBA players the only option they have is to go on strike.

Maybe O's fans should go on strike to convince TPTB that this situation simply cannot continue any longer.

Caleb Joseph had a great game today. 2 for 3, drove in 2 of the Orioles 3 runs and his BA is now .293!

I still think it was a bad move not having Joseph PH for Tejada last night.

Yeah, I'm a Caleb Joseph fan. He is a talented player who was left to linger in the minors for too long!

I still believe the reason for last year's miserable season, was because of his testicular injury.

That he was forced to play through. He still wasn't fully healed after he came off the disabled list.

I also believe that he worked hard during the Winter to get himself back to his full capabilities.

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

Really?

Its the same (so-called) pitching staff that we started the year with, it's just bad. I don't think they've cashed it in

Were we routinely down 6-0 in the 3rd inning earlier in the year?   Look at their body language.  Watch them at the plate.  They're either going through the motions or are much worse than anyone imagined, probably both.

I'm actually really happy that they're losing this much. I don't want there to be any confusion about the fact that they are not a team that should be buying, but rather a team that should be unloading anything they can for any promising Prospect that's available.

7 hours ago, pitbull said:

Its pathetic and sad that the Front Office assembled this pitching staff and thought it was Major Lesgue caliber.

I am grudgingly coming around to your point of view but... I just can't reconcile this team with the team that went 22-10 and rattled off a five game winning streak.

Something's not adding up.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Slidemaster said:

I'm actually really happy that they're losing this much. I don't want there to be any confusion about the fact that they are not a team that should be buying, but rather a team that should be unloading anything they can for any promising Prospect that's available.

I just don't know what that means.

I may be too sentimental but... other than trying to dump Davis and Trumbo, I want to find a way to go for the ring with Machado, Schoop, and Mancini in the fold. Despite his awful start, Machado is a generational player. If I don't think I can keep him long term, then I do whatever it takes to win while he's still under my control.

I like Jones' grit but maybe he's not the right leader for the team. So maybe I trade him for prospects. That doesn't seem right.

I have no problem with Seth Smith or Castillo.

Gausman and Tillman are both better pitchers than they have shown this year which does lead me to wonder about the pitching coach.

I feel like the team is underperforming which leads me to wonder about Buck. Has he lost the clubhouse.

If I am a GM and I have Machado, Schoop, Britton, and Bundy on my roster... I am going for it. If not this year, then next year. And, sorry... but I hold the coaches and managers accountable for the awful play. If I am GM, people are getting fired.

Edited by JoyinMudville

6 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

I just don't know what that means.

I may be too sentimental but... other than trying to dump Davis and Trumbo, I want to find a way to go for the ring with Machado, Schoop, and Mancini in the fold. Despite his awful start, Machado is a generational player. If I don't think I can keep him long term, then I do whatever it takes to win while he's still under my control.

I like Jones' grit but maybe he's not the right leader for the team. So maybe I trade him for prospects. That doesn't seem right.

I have no problem with Seth Smith or Castillo.

Gausman and Tillman are both better pitchers than they have shown this year which does lead me to wonder about the pitching coach.

I feel like the team is underperforming which leads me to wonder about Buck. Has he lost the clubhouse.

If I am a GM and I have Machado, Schoop, Britton, and Bundy on my roster... I am going for it. If not this year, then next year. And, sorry... but I hold the coaches and managers accountable for the awful play. If I am GM, people are getting fired.

It isn't Bucks fault that the starters are historically bad.

I thought Buck should have been fired after last year's debacle, but I can't blame him for how horrendous they are.

23 minutes ago, Slidemaster said:

It isn't Bucks fault that the starters are historically bad.

I thought Buck should have been fired after last year's debacle, but I can't blame him for how horrendous they are.

Agree.  Somehow Wallace /Chiti made these turds serviceable. And that was with Gallardo in the rotation to boot.  Staff ERA of 4.20 not great but a full run better than this year's debacle. Water into wine, LOL!!!  They failed to pass the secret on to McDowell and Mills, LOL!!  And now DD is wearing a giant dunce cap for assembling a historically bad staff.

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Agree.  Somehow Wallace /Chiti made these turds serviceable. And that was with Gallardo in the rotation to boot.  Staff ERA of 4.20 not great but a full run better than this year's debacle. Water into wine, LOL!!!  They failed to pass the secret on to McDowell and Mills, LOL!!  And now DD is wearing a giant dunce cap for assembling a historically bad staff.

Starters aren't the only consideration when looking at whether Buck should stay or go.

3 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Starters aren't the only consideration when looking at whether Buck should stay or go.

No doubt.  He has his thumb in the soup on the 40 man roster. And his in game decisions the last two years have been sketchy at best.  For me there is plenty of blame to go around.  The structure or should I say lack of structure with DD, Brady and Buck has led to a lot of problems and a very poor decision making process.  All this endorsed by idiot Pete and his two baby boys.  Pete plays these three against each other and then comes up with a direction.