Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaJellyBelly

An interesting MLB report on Caleb Joseph

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mandy Bell at MLB.com wrote a nice article about Caleb Joseph.

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/news/article/242331066/os-caleb-josephhttps://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/news/123476/caleb-joseph-is-lone-bright-spot-os-loss.php?partner=razz-nets-2-rbis-in-loss-to-cubs/

An interesting tidbit is that at present he has the third highest average on the ball club (.293)!

IMHO they should try to move Castillo (he gets hurt too much) and bring up Sisco as the

secondary catcher. 

Here is what a fantasy site has to say about him. https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/news/123476/caleb-joseph-is-lone-bright-spot-os-loss.php?partner=razz

Edited by DaJellyBelly
spelling error

16 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Ok so what are you his uncle 

Cousin

Baby Daddy lol

There is no need to be insulting because I am a fan of his!

5 hours ago, DaJellyBelly said:

There is no need to be insulting because I am a fan of his!

It's easy to like CJ. He's a fun personality, and he worked hit tail off to make it to the big leagues. But I don't think Sisco will be brought up as the back up catcher.  

Makes trading Castillo all the easier. And then you can get Sisco here and give him some time this year.

Edited by Pickle20

26 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Makes trading Castillo all the easier. And then you can get Sisco here and give him some time this year.

Exactly

He probably isn't a long term starter but Joseph and Schoop are my favorite Orioles behind AJ. Big fan of Celeb.

I remember more than a few here want to ride him out of town when he went through that streak where he didn't have any RBI. I too have been a fan of his.

3 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I remember more than a few here want to ride him out of town when he went through that streak where he didn't have any RBI. I too have been a fan of his.

All I know-is this "catcher ERA" (if you believe in that sorta thing-which I do) is very good. And you can see it when he is behind the plate that he is more emotionally involved with the pitcher. Just a gamer! Love him.

3 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I wrote that off as the by product of him taking a foul ball right to his stones. 

I'd still drive him to the airport.  He's 31 with a major league career batting average of .228 / OBP .281... present "hot streak" included.  And he shattered a record for offensive run production ineptitude.  That's not an accident or just bad luck.  Thinking he's going to turn in to a consistent "plus" player at the position strikes me as a lot of day-dreaming...

On 7/17/2017 at 8:14 PM, Ravens2006 said:

I'd still drive him to the airport.  He's 31 with a major league career batting average of .228 / OBP .281... present "hot streak" included.  And he shattered a record for offensive run production ineptitude.  That's not an accident or just bad luck.  Thinking he's going to turn in to a consistent "plus" player at the position strikes me as a lot of day-dreaming...

I guess I'm still dreaming. His batting average is now .299. :D

Psst, don't look now. But Caleb is now tied with Mancini for

the highest batting average on the TEAM at .304!:)