gonzoliberal

Is showing Elizabeth Warren in a 'Native American' headress racist?

359 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, veritas said:

Two things.  The first is that the idea that Republicans suddenly consider Russia their good buddies, is absurd.  This has been the line pushed by the Dems but the reality doesn't match the rhetoric.  We all know what Russia is and that they are a global adversary. Where they are useful, such as in fighting ISIS, let them be useful.  

The second is that, short of a major scandal coming out of the Mueller investigation or the economy tanking, Trump will beat anyone among the names being bandied about by the Dems.  If healthcare gets done and the economy is OK, Trump will win, IMO.

"The first is that the idea that Republicans suddenly consider Russia their good buddies, is absurd."

I agree. I'm not sure why you mentioned that because it wasn't in my post. But it is telling that you said it. I also agree they are useful in fighting ISIS. 

There is already a scandal. You and others either ignore it or deny it. But there are plenty who don't.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341223-ex-bush-ethics-lawyer-on-trump-jr-meeting-with-russian-lawyer-this

And it's not going to get any better, Veritas. He's only been president half a year. 

2 hours ago, jdsample said:

I don't know.  If there are half a dozen Republicans contending, Trump will not only be the incumbent but also the one who is different from the rest.  The never Trumpers were divided among a dozen Republicans and those that liked Trump had no one similar to vote for.  

If we have more than three candidates in the primaries, including the incumbent, we will not have learned our lesson from 2016.  I don't think Trump will be there though; unless something changes, he's one and done, IMO.

51 minutes ago, demopublican said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the DNC

Even they aren't that stupid and even if they are the fat cats aren't. Hillary couldn't raise enough money to run for the local school board let alone the presidency.

She's done.

32 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

If we have more than three candidates in the primaries, including the incumbent, we will not have learned our lesson from 2016.  I don't think Trump will be there though; unless something changes, he's one and done, IMO.

Well, no one thought he would win a first term.  So he could shock us all again.  Not often an incumbent is challenged in the primaries, but he is a likely "candidate" for that.  

19 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Well, no one thought he would win a first term.  So he could shock us all again.  Not often an incumbent is challenged in the primaries, but he is a likely "candidate" for that.  

I doubt he'll run.

1 minute ago, FatBoy said:

I doubt he'll run.

He'll quit before he gets a chance.

He'll be the first frog to jump out of the pot.

After assumptions the biggest mistake a politician can make is to take an opponent too lightly.B)

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

I doubt he'll run.

I wouldn't.  But he is different and already filed papers to run again.  

1 minute ago, jdsample said:

I wouldn't.  But he is different and already filed papers to run again.  

Oy !!!!