gonzoliberal

Is showing Elizabeth Warren in a 'Native American' headress racist?

359 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, EGoldstein said:

It is not Warren's contention, it is an immature characterization by bully in chief and perpetuated by the fools that defend him.    

It was indeed Warren's contention that she has Native American ancestry and she became Princess Lieawatha when she allowed the lie to continue so she could benefit from it.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, veritas said:

I support many of the aims he has.  I don't always support his approach.  I've said many times he should stay off Twitter completely.

Like what "many aims"?

Twitter only reveals his madness. Stopping it would allow it flourish only in private. But it would still be there. 

Edited by hst2

13 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

It was indeed Warren's contention that she has Native American ancestry and she became Princess Lieawatha when she allowed the lie to continue so she could benefit from it.

There is no evidence that she is lying.

4 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Native americans were subjected to genocide as official government policy as well. Blacks never experienced genocide.

What a relief! Although I would get too self-righteous about it.

These are the characteristics of genocide:

a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily harm, or harm to mental health, to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Link

Certainly white America committed all but (d), although they certainly regulated the births.

2 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Is that a serious question?

Absolutely.

55 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

The quote I responded to was " I doubt you can find a political cartoon where Bush is not depicted as an ape."  That was provided.  

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, EGoldstein said:

I have seen those, although one might add that the effect isn't the same.

There is a pretty long history of using apes to dehumanize Blacks, and even the Irish.

White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, not so much. 

Edited by hst2

39 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

The picture of Elizabeth Warren in a 'Native American' headress, which is the point of this thread, was a creation of an immature RWNJ that was perpetuated by other RWNJs, so deal with it.  

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

I have seen those, although one might add that the effect isn't the same.

There is a pretty long history of using apes to dehumanize Blacks, and even the Irish.

White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, not so much. 

The progressive Democrats and their endless sense of entitlement to everything is a shameful part of American history.

Obama should have hit every reservation on the first leg of his apology tour. 

11 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

The progressive Democrats and their endless sense of entitlement to everything is a shameful part of American history.

Obama should have hit every reservation on the first leg of his apology tour. 

Lol! He should have run an oil pipeline through their ancient burial ground.

Native American fun fact: Less than 25% of Native Americans live on reservations.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

What a relief! Although I would get too self-righteous about it.

These are the characteristics of genocide:

a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily harm, or harm to mental health, to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Link

Certainly white America committed all but (d), although they certainly regulated the births.

Thanks for.......something....but at least it didn't include 3 paragraphs of densely written academic prose.:rolleyes:

Here's one for you to think about.

Many who fought so nobly to end slavery and bring freedom and dignity to the black man were the very first in line to commit racial genocide against the red man.

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

8 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

No, but pretending to be a Native American might well be.

There's nothing wrong with using parody to point out Warren's hypocrisy and how she used unfounded and false ancestry claims to her personal advantage.

Lieawatha Warren used a false narrative to portray herself as something she wasn't just like Rachel Dolezal did.

She wasn't born here?:huh:

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Thanks for.......something....but at least it didn't include 3 paragraphs of densely written academic prose.:rolleyes:

Here's one for you to think about.

Many who fought so nobly to end slavery and bring freedom and dignity to the black man were the very first in line to commit racial genocide against the red man.

Yes, it is interesting that they tried to assimilate the Indians that they didn't kill, but separated themselves from African-Americans.

Some Indians and in the South even owned slaves.

Now, my hero, John Brown, embraced both groups.

Edited by hst2

6 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

why is it silly? If she claims she has some native American ancestry, why is that a problem?

Because her claim is based on family stories, not DNA.  From what I've read, the best she can hope for is .003%.  Would you claim to be Native American if you were .003% Cherokee?  

Just now, veritas said:

Because her claim is based on family stories, not DNA.  From what I've read, the best she can hope for is .003%.  Would you claim to be Native American if you were .003% Cherokee?  

There is a timeline involved here that you're conveniently ignoring.

Was a DNA test ever done on Elizabeth Warren to prove that she isn't part Native American?   

I wonder how many right wingers who are complaining about her ancestry are lying about their own without even knowing it.

Just now, mrsmlh said:

Was a DNA test ever done on Elizabeth Warren to prove that she isn't part Native American?   

I wonder how many right wingers who are complaining about her ancestry are lying about their own without even knowing it.

If Warren is making the claim, she should step up to the plate and have a DNA test.  I suspect she's about as native American as I am.

7 hours ago, Calamari said:

It's Trolls, so they wouldn't do it if they didn't think it was.

I'm surprised it's allowed here (worse, with "Land 'O Lakes" slur), considering how hard the crackdown is if you say anything negative about white people here. I guess we've found the one nationality you can slur freely on this board.

If you must, people from the south are fair game. It's not a nationality, but it's better than nothing. Just saying.:P

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Like what "many aims"?

Twitter only reveals his madness. Stopping it would allow it flourish only in private. But it would still be there. 

Like bringing back offshore monies by revising the tax code, having business friendly policies that encourage job growth, keeping our military on the cutting edge technologically and controlling immigration more effectively.  All horrible things, I know.

9 minutes ago, veritas said:

If Warren is making the claim, she should step up to the plate and have a DNA test.  I suspect she's about as native American as I am.

Why?  If it was me, I would say screw you, prove I'm not Native American.

2 hours ago, EGoldstein said:

It is not Warren's contention, it is an immature characterization by bully in chief and perpetuated by the fools that defend him.    

Oh, she doesn't claim to be part Native American?  Do tell.

6 hours ago, ms maggie said:

What does he call her? It's caricature. One squaw the same as another. Idiot.

She is a caricature.  She's a typical white bread lib trying to make common cause with some of the groups they continually exploit for political purposes.  It's sort of funny and sad at the same time.

17 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Yes, it is interesting that they tried to assimilate the Indians that they didn't kill, but separated themselves from African-Americans.

Some Indians and in the South even owned slaves.

Now, my hero, John Brown, embraced both groups.

Probably true.....like you he only hated white people. :lol:

No surprise your hero is a divinely inspired, cold-blooded, mass murdering, terrorist madman.....no surprise at all.

It would require a sense of humor and the Left is missing the humor gene.

Every catch a Lefty laughing at himself?  Bet not!

6 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

the truth is the best defense...and in this case the picture in question is racist.....would you like to name the racists who have aligned themselves with trump?

Everything is racist to you guys.  Santa is racist.  Snow is racist.  White bread is racist.  Indian motorcycles are racist.  Eskimo pies are racist.  We could go on and on and on.  It's laughably pathetic.