gonzoliberal

Is showing Elizabeth Warren in a 'Native American' headress racist?

359 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

I think it is funny that her claiming to be part Native American has you right wingers so upset.  

What's funny is that she used that claim to advance her personna, but it cannot be substantiated. In essence she committed fraud, seeking to gain popularity. I don't see that as something she should be proud of, and I don't see that as something that should be viewed positively about her.

17 minutes ago, Papi said:

What's funny is that she used that claim to advance her personna, but it cannot be substantiated. In essence she committed fraud, seeking to gain popularity. I don't see that as something she should be proud of, and I don't see that as something that should be viewed positively about her.

So because she cannot substantiate it, it must be a lie.  I'll have to remember that one.  If something can't be proven, it's automatically a lie.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

It's pretty funny in a discussion involving slavery and genocide that one guy who fought for freedom is denigrated.

The weirdness of our white heritage causes some strange turns.

Motive is one thing and means is quite another.

Had he succeeded every white person in reach would have been dead for the crime of being white.

Sound reasonable to you?

Warren deserves to be mocked and shamed.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So because she cannot substantiate it, it must be a lie.  I'll have to remember that one.  If something can't be proven, it's automatically a lie.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/sen-warrens-challenger-sends-her-dna-test/

Again, she's  been offered a chance to submit to a free DNA test by her Senate challenger, and AGAIN, she has refused. Why??

Edited by volperdinger
Bad link

Posted (edited)

See my earlier response to this ignorant and pointless request when veritas said the same thing.

She has a genealogist on her side, you all have nothing but your anger, spite, and fear.

Edited by Calamari

2 hours ago, Calamari said:

27 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/sen-warrens-challenger-sends-her-dna-test/

Again, she's  been offered a chance to submit to a free DNA test by her Senate challenger, and AGAIN, she has refused. Why??

Read Calamari's link if you really want an answer. 

From Calamari's link:

Nanibaa' Garrison is a bioethicist and assistant professor of pediatrics at Seattle Children's Hospital. A Native American, she earned a PhD in the Department of Genetics at Stanford, with a dissertation focused on ancestry. In a phone call Tuesday afternoon, she explained why Brown's suggestion -- and the Republican National Committee insisted on Tuesday that it was only that, a suggestion -- wouldn't do any good.

"It's really difficult to say that a DNA test would be able to identify how much Native American ancestry a person has," Garrison said.

That's because determinations of ancestry are based on "ancestry-informative markers" -- genetic flags that offer probabilities of the likelihood of certain ancestries. Most of those markers, AIMs, are "based on global populations that are outside of the U.S.," she said, "primarily people of European descent, people of Asian descent and people of African descent.

5 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Read Calamari's link if you really want an answer. 

From Calamari's link:

Nanibaa' Garrison is a bioethicist and assistant professor of pediatrics at Seattle Children's Hospital. A Native American, she earned a PhD in the Department of Genetics at Stanford, with a dissertation focused on ancestry. In a phone call Tuesday afternoon, she explained why Brown's suggestion -- and the Republican National Committee insisted on Tuesday that it was only that, a suggestion -- wouldn't do any good.

"It's really difficult to say that a DNA test would be able to identify how much Native American ancestry a person has," Garrison said.

That's because determinations of ancestry are based on "ancestry-informative markers" -- genetic flags that offer probabilities of the likelihood of certain ancestries. Most of those markers, AIMs, are "based on global populations that are outside of the U.S.," she said, "primarily people of European descent, people of Asian descent and people of African descent.

Well, aren't native American people of Asian descent?   Seems she would have some Mongolian blood in her if she was who she claimed to be.  

Warren is a shameless dingbat who is deserving of the mockery.  If anything in this equation is racist, it is very clearly her.

9 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Well, aren't native American people of Asian descent?   Seems she would have some Mongolian blood in her if she was who she claimed to be.  

Warren is a shameless dingbat who is deserving of the mockery.  If anything in this equation is racist, it is very clearly her.

Oh I didn't know that you were a genealogist.  I know that you are a right winger who will parrot whatever you are told to say though.

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Oh I didn't know that you were a genealogist.  I know that you are a right winger who will parrot whatever you are told to say though.

Right winger, lol.  Ok.

Anyone who attended high school knows Native Americans were originally from Asia.  Sheesh.

13 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I guess she's above such stupidity. 

I agree that would be stupid.  But obviously a blond, blue-eyed member of the privileged class is not the member of an oppressed minority.  The idea renders the meaning of minority meaningless. 

9 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I agree that would be stupid.  But obviously a blond, blue-eyed member of the privileged class is not the member of an oppressed minority.  The idea renders the meaning of minority meaningless. 

Stupidity would be not having had the test privately and already knowing the results.;)

57 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

That's all it is really, it's just playground level racial taunting, as evidenced by ode's avatar.

They can't help it, being what they are, but it is a shame that the Baltimore sun papers endorse it.

Edited by Calamari

2 hours ago, alienrace said:

Right winger, lol.  Ok.

Anyone who attended high school knows Native Americans were originally from Asia.  Sheesh.

High school Social "Studies"...

Is that where you "pass" a "test" if you can successfully parrot what your "teacher" spit out at you on a previous occasion?

White his story...

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

3 hours ago, alienrace said:

Right winger, lol.  Ok.

There have been multiple waves of immigration.

No, it is not racist.  It is clearly political satire, mocking her somewhat uncertain claim to having Native American blood.  Of course, one might argue that it is also political satire mocking the sexism of Native American culture as no woman would have ever earned the right to wear such a symbol of leadership.  

Like a lot of symbols, Warren in a headdress can be pretty much anything one chooses to see in it.

7 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I've never seen a level of belligerence displayed by you and some others on this forum, but I guess it serves your hyper-partisan purposes. Our family here in Maryland recently came to discover a first cousin in California who'd been given up for adoption seventy one years ago, after both families had used the Ancestry DNA test. You can deny its accuracy all you want, but you'll only look like a bigger fool than usual. 

50 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

How would some people on here feel if a photo appeared of her in a Redskins jersey .???

I'd be pissed if I were from Cleveland.

10 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

But in her case it could be proven (or disproven). All she has to do is go to ancestrydna.com and they will send her the swab kit for a nominal fee. She can certainly afford it. The fact that she will not do that suggests to me that she does not think it will substantiate her claim. That she used that claim for personal benefit makes it a topic worthy of discussion, and if indeed it cannot be substantiated then it makes her a valid target for criticism. She is as much of a racial phony as Rachel Dolezal, who also used her false racial identity for personal gain (to be employed by the NAACP). That basic level of dishonesty in a person bothers me. It should bother anyone, but she is given a pass by those who like her poltical leanings.  

Another righty with no clue about DNA testing.

It's like they don't even read each other's posts that get refuted, they just repeat the same old crap.

Edited by Calamari