gonzoliberal

Is showing Elizabeth Warren in a 'Native American' headress racist?

359 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Why should she? Scott Brown, her Republican opponent in the 2012 Senate race, speculated that she had fabricated Native American heritage to gain advantage in the job market. At the time she was a Law Professor at Harvard. So how ridiculous is that?

There is a lot of hate in this thread. I pity people who's minds work this way. And I really pity the people who have to be around them in real life.

I'm not talking about you, Papi. 

They just feel that others should meet their inappropriate demands, like Obama and his birth certificate. They show real contempt for others.

Just now, hst2 said:

They just feel that others should meet their inappropriate demands, like Obama and his birth certificate. They show real contempt for others.

Seems to me that Warren showed contempt for true Native Americans when she used an unsubstantiated claim of Native American heritage to further her career. In the same way that Rachel Dolezal showed contemp for black people by pretending to be black in order to be able to be employed by the NAACP. Both actions were dishonest. 

7 minutes ago, Papi said:

Seems to me that Warren showed contempt for true Native Americans when she used an unsubstantiated claim of Native American heritage to further her career. In the same way that Rachel Dolezal showed contemp for black people by pretending to be black in order to be able to be employed by the NAACP. Both actions were dishonest. 

You are letting your irrational hatred of Warren to hurt your credibility as a poster. 

7 minutes ago, Papi said:

I don't see how you can equate those things.  Is it really dishonest if you are relaying something that you 100% believe to be true.  And what proof does ANYONE have that she furthered her career in any way by claiming such heritage?  I've never seen it.

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

Not even close Papi. 

As I posted earlier, Warren was a Law Professor at Harvard University prior to her claiming Native American heritage. If anything, she could be criticized for being to loyal to the university.  

And, you dismiss the anecdotal evidence regarding her grandmother talking about it. It's not unusual for people to have this type of information passed down in families.  

Edited by FatBoy

Just now, Heisenberg said:

You are letting your irrational hatred of Warren to hurt your credibility as a poster. 

In your opinion, perhaps. I have been consistent in my disdain for Elizabeth Warren ever since I began posting here, for her dishonesty as well as for her extreme progressive views. This is not the first time her Native American heritage question has come up on this forum. I don't hate the woman - I just think she is wrong on many counts. 

6 minutes ago, Papi said:

In your opinion, perhaps. I have been consistent in my disdain for Elizabeth Warren ever since I began posting here, for her dishonesty as well as for her extreme progressive views. This is not the first time her Native American heritage question has come up on this forum. I don't hate the woman - I just think she is wrong on many counts. 

Right. If it hadn't been for partisan politics we would have never known she claimed Native American heritage. 

It's fine to disagree with her views, but to call her dishonest isn't justified. 

Edited by FatBoy

5 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Right. If it hadn't been for partisan politics we would have never known she claimed Native American heritage. 

It's fine to disagree with her views, but to call her dishonest isn't justified. 

I noticed that too...

6 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Not even close Papi. 

As I posted earlier, Warren was a Law Professor at Harvard University prior to her claiming Native American heritage. If anything, she could be criticized for being to loyal to the university.  

And, you dismiss the anecdotal evidence regarding her grandmother talking about it. It's not unusual for people to have this type of information passed down in families.  

She listed herself as a minority from 1986 until 1995 in the Association of American Law Schools. She began teaching at Harvard Law in 1992. Harvard publicized her minority status in response to criticisms of lack of faculty diversity (which she said she was unaware of until 2012).

Listing oneself as a minority is something that one does for a purpose, and that purpose would logically be to become eligible for anything that minority status might yield. Basing it on anecdotal statements by her grandmother is a pretty weak basis for such a listing in your professional organization's national directory. 

Just now, Papi said:

She listed herself as a minority from 1986 until 1995 in the Association of American Law Schools. She began teaching at Harvard Law in 1992. Harvard publicized her minority status in response to criticisms of lack of faculty diversity (which she said she was unaware of until 2012).

Listing oneself as a minority is something that one does for a purpose, and that purpose would logically be to become eligible for anything that minority status might yield. Basing it on anecdotal statements by her grandmother is a pretty weak basis for such a listing in your professional organization's national directory. 

I agree.  It was a deception and makes me concerned about her integrity.  Now if she does 10,000 more things like that and worse she can catch up to Trump

18 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I would not call her honest

3 minutes ago, Papi said:

I was wrong about the time line. Sorry. But there is no evidence she ever got special treatment because she claimed the heritage. It's fine to disagree with her political views. I would probably disagree with some of them. 

But I still don't think it's right to call her dishonest. 

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

Listing oneself as a minority is something that one does for a purpose, and that purpose would logically be to become eligible for anything that minority status might yield.

The White Male Victim Card.

Due to listening to her family, Warren believes that she is part Native American and lists herself as one.  Scott Brown decides that she is not Native American and is lying about it and has been scamming the system.  Neither has shown any proof for their opinions but according to the right we are to believe Scott Brown and call Elizabeth Warren a liar.

5 minutes ago, demopublican said:

I would not call her honest

For the record using the term honest and politician in the same sentence ....regardless of who it is ....is an oxymoron. :lol:

I would say that Jimmy Carter was as close as we can get. IMHO

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Due to listening to her family, Warren believes that she is part Native American and lists herself as one.  Scott Brown decides that she is not Native American and is lying about it and has been scamming the system.  Neither has shown any proof for their opinions but according to the right we are to believe Scott Brown and call Elizabeth Warren a liar.

+10

On 7/16/2017 at 11:47 AM, ms maggie said:

Of course it's racist. Is blackface racist?

I say not one in a hundred of the people who do this could tell you who Pocahontas was, if you put a gun to their head.

Everything is seen as racist to the group of people who want to make the world color blind. It's just not very realistic. 

Edited by flyboy56

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I think what is more bothersome about this whole thing is .....

hello politicians......isn't there BIGGER  things to worry about?

Or is this what US politics is going to be about for the next 4 years....and maybe beyond....some really badly written 'Days of our Lives' . 

5 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

A DNA test would end this. 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Eskimos and many Alaskans also.

As you pointed out....using the 'land bridge' called Beringia many eons ago....they left Asia via that route 3 times.

Now the BIG question being debated is IF Native Americans after over 10000 years are considered to be an independent race on their own at this point. And the various qualifying markers/points for and against are pretty overwhelming to come up with a definitive answer at this time. 

But that is all academic trivia really......our Indians really got screwed and continue to be.

Question; why isn't the NAACP throwing more effort into helping them....they are colored after all?

This letter dated 2010 says they would.....I haven't seen anything? Has anyone?

http://action.naacp.org/page/-/resolutions/2010.CR.1.Native Americans.pdf

Let's make it simple actually:

Native Americans DNA will show Mongolian markers(perhaps among others, given the theories, but predominant).

Mongolian markers are confirmable by DNA testing.

If Elizabeth Warren does not have Mongolian markers, she is not Native American, biologically.

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Eskimos and many Alaskans also.

As you pointed out....using the 'land bridge' called Beringia many eons ago....they left Asia via that route 3 times.

Now the BIG question being debated is IF Native Americans after over 10000 years are considered to be an independent race on their own at this point. And the various qualifying markers/points for and against are pretty overwhelming to come up with a definitive answer at this time. 

But that is all academic trivia really......our Indians really got screwed and continue to be.

Question; why isn't the NAACP throwing more effort into helping them....they are colored after all?

This letter dated 2010 says they would.....I haven't seen anything? Has anyone?

http://action.naacp.org/page/-/resolutions/2010.CR.1.Native Americans.pdf

Native Americans DNA will show Mongolian markers(perhaps among others, given the theories, but predominant).

If Elizabeth Warren does not have Mongolian markers, she is not Native American, biologically.

2 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Who cares?

3 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Everything is seen as racist to the group of people who want to make the world color blind. It's just not very realistic. 

You maybe partially correct. 

But I also think that everything is seen as racist to a group of people that want to justify their failures. 

HST as a representative in long standing of blacks is a prime example of that.