AttackPlanR

Trumph-Care Vote Delayed

47 posts in this topic

Senators Lee and Moran just announced they won't support Trump Care.

Down to 48.

You would think that after 7 years the Cons would have a plan they could agree on.  

15 minutes ago, EGoldstein said:

You would think that after 7 years the Cons would have a plan they could agree on.  

the only thing they agreed on was hating Obama....hate doesn't govern very well or produce legislation worth passing.....the repugnicans go exposed for what they are-- inept, corrupt, wedded to big  money, whiny, and incapable of governing....2018 can't get here soon enough.....

"I didn't expect Donald Trump to win. I think most of my colleagues didn't. So we didn't expect to be in this situation."

-Pat Toomey R-PA

At least he's honest!

Plenty of time for Republicans to craft something prior to Trump even entering the picture. Honesty from Toomey would have been to acknowledge the intellectual bankruptcy of the modern Republican party.

Trump want repeal only now, replace later.  Doesn't that put them back to square 1 so far as being accused of killing people who lose their health care as a result of preexisting conditions being nixed, Medicaid being rolled back, etc...?

10 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

"I didn't expect Donald Trump to win. I think most of my colleagues didn't. So we didn't expect to be in this situation."

-Pat Toomey R-PA

At least he's honest!

Thanks for the laugh-out-loud moment. 

10 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

Plenty of time for Republicans to craft something prior to Trump even entering the picture. Honesty from Toomey would have been to acknowledge the intellectual bankruptcy of the modern Republican party.

This too, is where I'm at.

Repeal only is going nowhere either. Trump says he'll let Obamacare 'fail'.

And he also claims he won't own it. Hope he's really not that delusional.

Obamacare repeal isn't so politically expedient when Republicans have to own the consequences of taking away people's health insurance 

15 hours ago, EGoldstein said:

Like someone else said ....they never dog never expected to catch the car........now what never crossed their .....ahhhhhhhhh minds.

20 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Obamacare repeal isn't so politically expedient when Republicans have to own the consequences of taking away people's health insurance 

If you think voters have been putting pressure on the reps with the GOP plan. Let them try and just repeal it, with nothing more than a yah sure we'll put something together.

Woooo hhhoooo hooooo.... forget the next election cycle......there won't be enough tar and feathers in the DC area for the Reps that go with that.

For those that are unfamiliar;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarring_and_feathering

26 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The flip side of that being when the government holds your health in their hands, how can you vote against them?

16 hours ago, EGoldstein said:

They did have a plan they could agree on.  But then Obama co-opted it and turned it into the ACA, which, of course, they had to hate that so here we are

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Repeal only is going nowhere either. Trump says he'll let Obamacare 'fail'.

I think what he really means by "let Obamacare fail" is , keep sabotaging and killing it.

32 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

The flip side of that being when the government holds your health in their hands, how can you vote against them?

Very easily.  You can vote out the ones who don't have your best interest at heart and vote in others who do.  And if that doesn't work out you vote them out.  It's much more power than any of us has over insurance companies now isn't it?

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Very easily.  You can vote out the ones who don't have your best interest at heart and vote in others who do.  And if that doesn't work out you vote them out.  It's much more power than any of us has over insurance companies now isn't it?

Very, very good point and one worth repeating.

BigInsure won the battle with ObamaCare, but cried crocodile tears when their profits went down.

They won again big time with Trump's selection, as they will soon be allowed to once again sell 'junk insurance' to the easily snookered, raise their rates at will and continue their takeover of the American Health Care non-System.

I know, I know...... 'freedom'.

Freedom would be having the choice to not deal with big insurance but guess who voted to end that.  Voting for the people who promised to end that can't or won't do it.

How is that voting thing working out for you?  

6 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Freedom would be having the choice to not deal with big insurance but guess who voted to end that.  Voting for the people who promised to end that can't or won't do it.

How is that voting thing working out for you?  

It'd probably work out a whole lot better if the 50% plus people who sat on their arses and did nothing actually participated

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

Yes, yes it is.