Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

The: "Just seeing UJ out there makes me throw up a little in my mouth" game thread

32 posts in this topic

Imagine you're a player on the field, watching Ubaldo get lit up 75% of the time for almost 4 whole seasons, without ANY real ramification to his status as a starter... what has to be going through your mind?  And no, there haven't been any real consequences for him... every time he's "sent to the bullpen" it's obviously only temporary.  Buck just waits for another starter to go down, or for Ubaldo to luck in to a few decent outings, and he's right back in the rotation.

The whole thing is honestly the most inexplicable thing I've ever seen with this franchise...

12 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Imagine you're a player on the field, watching Ubaldo get lit up 75% of the time for almost 4 whole seasons, without ANY real ramification to his status as a starter... what has to be going through your mind?  And no, there haven't been any real consequences for him... every time he's "sent to the bullpen" it's obviously only temporary.  Buck just waits for another starter to go down, or for Ubaldo to luck in to a few decent outings, and he's right back in the rotation.

The whole thing is honestly the most inexplicable thing I've ever seen with this franchise...

If I was playing behind UJ I wouldn't let myself get hurt diving for a ball or breaking up a DP.  

UJ goes 3 2/3 allowing 6 runs.  The starters' ERA since the break went DOWN because of that great performance (from 20.01 to 18.90). 

As to 'crowds':  went up to see the Ironbirds today, so on the way up I'm listening to the 9th inning.  Happy Hunter is spinning a positive during the trouncing in the bottom of the 9th, talking about the great crowds over the weekend.  Over 34K Friday, over 40K last night, over 31K paid today.

I'm sorry, but other than Saturday, those numbers are quite horrid IMHO.  This was the Cubs they were playing, not the Rays or Jays.  The numbers are going to continue to go down, as the starting pitching ERA continues to climb.

Edited by ChippewaJoe

7 minutes ago, ChippewaJoe said:

UJ goes 3 2/3 allowing 6 runs.  The starters' ERA since the break went DOWN because of that great performance (from 20.01 to 18.90). 

Who says we aren't improving ?

23 minutes ago, ChippewaJoe said:

As to 'crowds':  went up to see the Ironbirds today, so on the way up I'm listening to the 9th inning.  Happy Hunter is spinning a positive during the trouncing in the bottom of the 9th, talking about the great crowds over the weekend.  Over 34K Friday, over 40K last night, over 31K paid today.

I'm sorry, but other than Saturday, those numbers are quite horrid IMHO.  This was the Cubs they were playing, not the Rays or Jays.  The numbers are going to continue to go down, as the starting pitching ERA continues to climb.

And I'll bet a lot were Cub fans. I use to go to the Braves/O's games and we represented very well!

17 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I wonder who will sign him after the the season's over? There will probably be a huge bidding war.

I hope the O's extend UJ for one more year. That way Buck can have his favorite player for his last season as a manager. UJ will require a raise though, so Pete should be aware of that.