Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
can you hear me now!

Made In America week....more hypocrisy on parade

95 posts in this topic

"We know of at least 12 countries where Trump products were manufactured (China, the Netherlands, Mexico, India, Turkey, Slovenia, Honduras, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam and South Korea). Further, Trump products transited other countries through the packaging and shipping process"

making China, the Netherlands, Mexico, India, Turkey, Slovenia, Honduras, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam and South Korea great again, the trump way.

I'd wager Sat has at least one bottle of fraud trumps 'cologne' in his possession.

It is kind of hard to maintain the idea that Trump is enriching himself as president when he campaigns for people to not buy his products.  But consistency has never been terribly important when bashing the president. 

The MAGA  swag is all made in countries outside the US. Enough said. 

7 minutes ago, jdsample said:

It is kind of hard to maintain the idea that Trump is enriching himself as president when he campaigns for people to not buy his products.  But consistency has never been terribly important when bashing the president. 

Do you really believe that Trump intends to make a lot of money off the trinkets that are sold bearing his name?  

3 minutes ago, EGoldstein said:

Do you really believe that Trump intends to make a lot of money off the trinkets that are sold bearing his name?  

Do you not understand the symbolism? I'm an aging hippie who refuses to by foreign cars. Most of the posters here like to talk the talk, but do they walk the walk? I call BS on any of you who don't support American manufacturing.

9 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Do you not understand the symbolism? I'm an aging hippie who refuses to by foreign cars. Most of the posters here like to talk the talk, but do they walk the walk? I call BS on any of you who don't support American manufacturing.

By foreign cars, which do you mean?  I don't think there are any cars made exclusively in one country any more.

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

By foreign cars, which do you mean?  I don't think there are any cars made exclusively in one country any more.

I make sure the cars/trucks I buy are built in the USA. I buy GM products and I make sure they are manufactured in the US.

54 minutes ago, jdsample said:

let me know when he starts turning people away from his hotels.....then I might actually put some credence in your post...

12 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I make sure the cars/trucks I buy are built in the USA. I buy GM products and I make sure they are manufactured in the US.

Our 2003 Dodge Caravan had a Mitsubishi motor in it.  Our son's Toyota Camry was built in the US.

Just now, mrsmlh said:

Our 2003 Dodge Caravan had a Mitsubishi motor in it.  Our son's Toyota Camry was built in the US.

That is the key. I understand you can't control where all the parts are made, but you can know where the assembly was.

I worked for Harley Davidson when Reagan put the tariff on Jap bikes. It saved an American icon.   

39 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I understand the symbolism, however I was responding to the statement from jdsample that the idea of Trump was enriching himself was contrary to his stated policy.  There is even more hypocrisy from the Trump camp with his hire Americans talk and his requests for H2 visas for foreign workers at Trump Vineyard Estates and Mar-a-Lago.

http://www.newsweek.com/america-first-trump-businesses-keep-hiring-foreign-workers-571612 .   

9 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

That is the key. I understand you can't control where all the parts are made, but you can know where the assembly was.

I worked for Harley Davidson when Reagan put the tariff on Jap bikes. It saved an American icon.   

My husband and I try to buy American and usually succeed but sometimes it is really, really hard.

7 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Not to be confrontational, but does final assembly point make a BMW assembled in South Carolina or a Mercedes assembled in Alabama, American products?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, EGoldstein said:

Obviously not!  That seems to be the left that thinks it is high hypocrisy for him to advocate "made in America," when he sells some trinkets made elsewhere.  But you seem to disagree with the buy American campaign, simply because Trump supports it against his own best interests.  Pick a side.  If you find yourself on the same side as Trump, maybe you should accept his support? 

Edited by jdsample

2 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Obviously not!  That seems to be the left that thinks it is high hypocrisy for him to advocate "made in America," when he sells some trinkets made elsewhere.  But you seem to disagree with the buy American campaign, simply because Trump supports it against his own best interests.  Pick a side.  If you find yourself on the same side as Trump, maybe you should accept his support? 

And just how do you find me on the same side as Trump?  You can have his support all to yourself as I find it quite hypocritical for Trump to tell people to buy and hire American while he does the opposite.  But he knows that the sale of his tinkets will not be hurt by his own hypocrisy because it is lost on his ardent followers.  Is it lost on you as well?  As he said, he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and not lose voters.  While another show of insolence, it appears to be correct for a segment of the population.  

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

My husband and I try to buy American and usually succeed but sometimes it is really, really hard.

I totally get that. And this is the failed policy that American politicians want us to believe. MAGA is BS. Globalism has failed the American consumer. Yes, go to Walmart and buy things cheap. What you are really doing is putting an American worker on the unemployment line. 

Anyone that doesn't understand this is denying reality.  When is the last time you heard of anyone working in a sewing factory? When I was a kid, this was common. The textile industry has completely abandoned the USA. And the industrialist that have orchestrated this are traitors. 

59 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

My club don't allow anything but HD.

35 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

My club don't allow anything but HD.

Well good. You are an American patriot. The only motorcycles I've ever owned were HD. 

6 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Well good. You are an American patriot. The only motorcycles I've ever owned were HD. 

My cars too as far as I know. I never by foreign, but I'm not sure all the parts are from here. Best I can do. If anything say American made I will buy that item over foreign.

14 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

My cars too as far as I know. I never by foreign, but I'm not sure all the parts are from here. Best I can do. If anything say American made I will buy that item over foreign.

My Dodge Caravan had less American made parts than my son's Toyota Camry had.

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

I'm with you on that. Thanks to corporate greed and globalization it's hard to tell. It's virtually impossible to buy anything that's 100 percent American made nowadays. Americans are so complacent they are more worried about price than they are about origin. And at the same time they will fall for some politician whining about immigrants taking American jobs. Seriously, this is beyond the common man's ability to either understand or care about. 

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

My Dodge Caravan had less American made parts than my son's Toyota Camry had.

This is a perfect example of the problem. 

3 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

This is a perfect example of the problem. 

One of the reasons that we bought the Dodge was because we thought we were buying American.  :(

Just now, mrsmlh said:

One of the reasons that we bought the Dodge was because we thought we were buying American.  :(

You did the best you could.