mrdeltoid

Band dropped from label for being Politically Incorrect

35 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Calamari said:

Which, again, is exactly the free market for you.

No one's free speech has been infringed upon.

I wonder if you feel that way about certain bakers?

2 minutes ago, Rael said:

I wonder if you feel that way about certain bakers?

:)

If either of you actually have something to say, why not just man up and say it?

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Calamari said:

If either of you actually have something to say, why not just man up and say it?

I'm just wondering if your respect for freedom of speech also extend to freedom from speech. Should a business be allowed to make choices based on their political beliefs even if they don't agree with yours?

Based on the free market as you say.

Edited by Rael

No need to be coy, you can provide specifics and make your own case, certainly?

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Calamari said:

No need to be coy, you can provide specifics and make your own case, certainly?

I'm not trying to be coy. I would assume most of the politically astute members of this political forum know exactly to what I am referring. But if you want it spelled out, should a baker be allowed to have their political viewpoints and prejudices influence their product or is that only the purview of record labels? Should left leaning politics be allowed in determining how to run a private business while right leaning politics are forbidden from doing the same thing?

Edited by Rael

You're still being coy. Are you trying to claim the situations are parallel somehow? If so, you should make your own case instead of relying on insinuations. I'm not going to help you hold up your end of whatever your gripe is. Be specific.

9 minutes ago, Calamari said:

You're still being coy. Are you trying to claim the situations are parallel somehow? If so, you should make your own case instead of relying on insinuations. I'm not going to help you hold up your end of whatever your gripe is. Be specific.

I have no gripe and was insinuating nothing. I was just wondering if your position on these types of issues had consistency across the political spectrum or if you limit your concern to when the left's ox is being gored. I'm not going to bother to try to pry your opinion from you if you don't have the confidence in it to verbalize it. In the words of Gilda Radnor as Emily "Nevermind". 

It seems more like you tried to make an inane potshot, and when pressed for details could not back it up.

1 minute ago, Calamari said:

It seems more like you tried to make an inane potshot, and when pressed for details could not back it up.

Ok. You could try discussing every once in a while but I realize that berating and claiming victory is more your style so in the spirit of generosity I will let you have your victory. 

Congratulations. You won the internet.