mrdeltoid

Home at last!

255 posts in this topic

So, as I've posted , I haven't voted in years because neither the dems or pubbies support my issues and both consider my positions to be extreme. After examining the Libertarian platform, as a poster on this forum commented my views sound Libertarian, I now have a home. From here on, I will say my party as Libertarian when asked. Will I vote? I'm not gonna go that far.....yet. Presently, I see no Libertarian that can seriously contend. Although I can't remember exactly who it was, there was a poster or two who said they had the same views. Google the Libertarian platform if you don't really relate to either party other than one or two issues. You may be surprised how many issues you agree with. I was.B)

14 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

So, as I've posted , I haven't voted in years because neither the dems or pubbies support my issues and both consider my positions to be extreme. After examining the Libertarian platform, as a poster on this forum commented my views sound Libertarian, I now have a home. From here on, I will say my party as Libertarian when asked. Will I vote? I'm not gonna go that far.....yet. Presently, I see no Libertarian that can seriously contend. Although I can't remember exactly who it was, there was a poster or two who said they had the same views. Google the Libertarian platform if you don't really relate to either party other than one or two issues. You may be surprised how many issues you agree with. I was.B)

Welcome to the fold! Now we just have to find a serious candidate! :)

53 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Thanks! I don't know where we're gonna find one.:unsure:

The Libertarian Party will not seriously contended for the White House in my lifetime... I like most of the things they stand for myself, but like mrdeltoid, I realize that they aren't going anywhere... you might as well go for the better of the two major Party candidates... (that will most often be the Democratic candidate)... and I don't mean the lesser of two evils... 

4 minutes ago, aboutwell said:

The Libertarian Party will not seriously contended for the White House in my lifetime... I like most of the things they stand for myself, but like mrdeltoid, I realize that they aren't going anywhere... you might as well go for the better of the two major Party candidates... (that will most often be the Democratic candidate)... and I don't mean the lesser of two evils... 

When the dems show me a candidate worthy of my vote that candidate will get my vote......same goes for the repubs.

Nothing more....nothing less.

Hey, Johnny... your vote is your vote... if you want to waste it, that's your business... I have no idea what it takes to be "worthy" of your vote... 

No vote is ever wasted. That's just bully talk from the two major factions.

i couldn't vote for neither of the 2 major candidates so voted for Johnson.

Posted (edited)

I have been voting libertarian since the 80s ......

Lots of folks support the social positions but fewer support their economic postions.....

Both major parties buy votes with tax dollars and when you support shutting off the spigot folks on both sides of the aisle start to get cold feet .....

That's why rand is a voice in the wilderness on the health care bill....

It's more than just legalizing pot .....

Welcome aboard and check out the fair tax info .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

No vote is ever wasted. That's just bully talk from the two major factions.

Sure they are... to think not would be like betting on the Mets... in a game between the Orioles and the Yankees... 

Edited by aboutwell

2 minutes ago, aboutwell said:

Sure they are... to think not would be like betting on the Mets... in a game between the Orioles and the Yankees... 

Not voting is a vote wasted.  

I agree... but a vote for the loser is a waste too... 

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

Not to mention sane positions on the issues.

4 minutes ago, aboutwell said:

:rolleyes: Okay.

Just now, hst2 said:

Not to mention sane positions on the issues.

By "sane" you likely mean the positions on issues that you take.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

By "sane" you likely mean the positions on issues that you take.

Like getting rid of the Civil Rights Act, public education, Social Security and Medicare,  support sweatshop labor. Yeah, real sane.

The reason why it's hard to find a good candidate is because many of their views are nutty.

This is because, like Marxists, they are tied to ideology, and want reality to conform to the ideology, not the other way around. For this reason, you will find no nation under libertarian control.

Although the GOP is sure trying. The idea of liberating the population from affordable healthcare is right up their alley.

Edited by hst2

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Like getting rid of the Civil Rights Act, public education, Social Security and Medicare,  support sweatshop labor. Yeah, real sane.

That's just your crazy talk.

58 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Read your link.

No taxes. There's a sound idea. No FDA testing of drugs--free market, meaning the fox guarding the henhouse. 

Yikes.

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

6 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Read your link.

No taxes. There's a sound idea. No FDA testing of drugs--free market, meaning the fox guarding the henhouse. 

Yikes.

Amazing how little libertarians know about their own mad-max platform.

1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

I have been voting libertarian since the 80s ......

Lots of folks support the social positions but fewer support their economic postions.....

Both major parties buy votes with tax dollars and when you support shutting off the spigot folks on both sides of the aisle start to get cold feet .....

That's why rand is a voice in the wilderness on the health care bill....

It's more than just legalizing pot .....

Welcome aboard and check out the fair tax info .....

Absolutely. Gov't job is roads and national security. Period

2 hours ago, aboutwell said:

Hey, Johnny... your vote is your vote... if you want to waste it, that's your business... I have no idea what it takes to be "worthy" of your vote... 

Nor apparently do the repubs and dems.

1 hour ago, aboutwell said:

So your vote for hil was wasted and you should have voted for trump.

Got it:lol:

2 hours ago, aboutwell said:

Id rather "waste" my vote than vote for someone I hold morally reprehensible.