mrdeltoid

Home at last!

255 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I don't think our system is built for multi-parties. The founders loathed "factions". Our problem isn't so much three two party system as it is the weakness of parties now, who controls them and the tribalization of our society.

My daughter is disgusted with the state Democratic Party, so she has become a part if it, to change it from within. I think that is the way to fix the 2 party system. If Americans are unhapoy with them, they need to gethe involved. That's what a democracy is all about.

 

Thanks for your opinion and good for your daughter for doing what she feels is best for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I don't think our system is built for multi-parties. The founders loathed "factions". Our problem isn't so much three two party system as it is the weakness of parties now, who controls them and the tribalization of our society.

My daughter is disgusted with the state Democratic Party, so she has become a part if it, to change it from within. I think that is the way to fix the 2 party system. If Americans are unhapoy with them, they need to gethe involved. That's what a democracy is all about.

 

I've said this time and time again.  It's exactly what the tea party did.  They infiltrated the GOP and started getting folks elected at all levels.  Now, the GOP House can't get a damn thing done without their say so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, banner1124 said:

I've said this time and time again.  It's exactly what the tea party did.  They infiltrated the GOP and started getting folks elected at all levels.  Now, the GOP House can't get a damn thing done without their say so

A lot of that is due to the extreme redistricting that the GOP has done, enabling extremists to challenge incumbents by moving to the right or left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Thanks for your opinion and good for your daughter for doing what she feels is best for her.

We tend to forget that democracy is dependent upon participation, beyond just voting. But let's npbe honest, it's can be very tedious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

A lot of that is due to the extreme redistricting that the GOP has done, enabling extremists to challenge incumbents by moving to the right or left.

Reminds me of a state I used to live in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demopublican said:

Reminds me of a state I used to live in. 

You don't live in MD anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

You don't live in MD anymore?

I am working in Florida.  I am getting the house ready to list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, demopublican said:

I am working in Florida.  I am getting the house ready to list. 

Ah well, you'll love the gerrymandering there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

You don't live in MD anymore?

I am beginning to think that except for myself and maybe 1/2 a dozen others at best. 

NONE OF THE POSTERS LIVE IN MD FULL TIME/PROPER. 

Think I will do a poll.....not that I would even think I would get honest answers....but it could be fun. 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bmorepunk said:

It's a complete set of economic and political ideals that only work if you take them wholesale. Even the crap Marx espoused was more bendable to a hybrid system.

I respect Libertarian ideals as consistent, but believe they fail terribly on being realistic. They, suffer from the same bad assumptions that Adam Smith and Marx made; people are not rational on the whole and do not consistently act in their best interests. Most people will cheat the system for even the most minor of gains.

Your views are probably still closer to old school Republican ones. They've just been crowded out by neocons and the Trump wing.

i respect your right to your political views, and your right to assume to know all my political views. As I've said, I agree with a lot of libertarian positions, not many pub  or dem positions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Ah well, you'll love the gerrymandering there. 

Some things you can't escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

I am beginning to think that except for myself and maybe 1/2 a dozen others at best. 

NONE OF THE POSTERS LIVE IN MD FULL TIME/PROPER. 

Think I will do a poll.....not that I would even think I would get honest answers....but it could be fun. 

This is where this board loses me. I'm not disagreeing , but I don't understand what a poster gains by lying on a forum where nobody knows who you are. I guess they may feel strongly about their avatar I guess.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rael said:

I thought Johnson was a goofball but I thought Weld was reasonable. 

No more murderers in the convention would be a good start.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

This is where this board loses me. I'm not disagreeing , but I don't understand what a poster gains by lying on a forum where nobody knows who you are. I guess they may feel strongly about their avatar I guess.:o

Well to be candid....I re-read things... and what I said about not being a Marylander really applies to local issues more so that national. However, as we see.....the pseudo MDer....and the supposed viewpoints as a Marylander on certain issues 'bleeds' into the nationals.

And having someone saying 'MD things' and they don't live in MD is a bit annoying.

I guess what I am trying to say is ; this is supposed to be a Maryland forum viewpoint of both national and local topics....and while some input is great from outside of MD.....it seems the posters that are most viement are the ones from other states or countries. BUT try to come across as living just off Security Blvd.

As I said this is supposed to be (to me..especially local) a MDers viewpoint of this stuff....and not muddied up with perceptions outside of MD. Seems the NYT and WP are more appropriate for that.

Or is that way too weird.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

This is where this board loses me. I'm not disagreeing , but I don't understand what a poster gains by lying on a forum where nobody knows who you are. I guess they may feel strongly about their avatar I guess.:o

I agree. I disagree with more than a few here but my views/opinions are my own and I do like to read other opinions even of those I disagree as long as they are not just repeated talking points or jibberish or just put out there to argue. I originally came here to discuss Baltimore sports, but those threads are getting as bad as the Nationals. Some people like to control the forum and do not want others to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rael said:

I thought Johnson was a goofball but I thought Weld was reasonable. 

No more murderers in the convention would be a good start.

Weld said to ditch the ticket and vote for Clinton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Well to be candid....I re-read things... and what I said about not being a Marylander really applies to local issues more so that national. However, as we see.....the pseudo MDer....and the supposed viewpoints as a Marylander on certain issues 'bleeds' into the nationals.

And having someone saying 'MD things' and they don't live in MD is a bit annoying.

I guess what I am trying to say is ; this is supposed to be a Maryland forum viewpoint of both national and local topics....and while some input is great from outside of MD.....it seems the posters that are most viement are the ones from other states or countries. BUT try to come across as living just off Security Blvd.

As I said this is supposed to me a MDers viewpoint of this stuff....and not muddied up with perceptions outside of MD.

Or is that way too weird.

When did the National forum become a place for viewpoints from Marylanders only?

Edited by Sprightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

When did the National forum become a place for viewpoints from Marylanders only?

I never lived in Maryland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I never lived in Maryland.

Many people that post on Nationals don't live in Maryland (or even in the United States).  National and International issues deserve more than the views of Marylanders. With absolute certainty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't live in Maryland, but I'm pretty darn close. Nevertheless, my votes go to Virginia candidates, not Marylanders. 

Edited by Heisenberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sprightly said:

Many people that post on Nationals don't live in Maryland (or even in the United States).  National and International issues deserve more than the views of Marylanders. With absolute certainty.

 

And as I said for the hundredth time. I am fine with Nationals .... I get that....but locals no. But I do have an issue with people that are on Nationals coming across as MDers.....which many do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Ah well, you'll love the gerrymandering there. 

As long as it's not gerrymandered for the Democrats, everythings good to go. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And as I said for the hundredth time. I am fine with Nationals .... I get that....but locals no. But I do have an issue with people that are on Nationals coming across as MDers.....which many do.

 

Oh well. You have lots to say about Baltimore City issues and you don't live or work in Baltimore City. So I guess you will just have to get over your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I don't live in Maryland, but I'm pretty darn close. Nevertheless, my votes go to Virginia candidates, not Marylanders. 

OK thanks for the info.

But this ties back to what I was saying. In very simple terms.....I really wonder ....of all the posters we see here...on national and local. How many are from MD?

And I ask this because.....silly me....I thought these forums are based around MD viewpoints. Not from everyplace else....I thought real newspaper forums like NYT and WP are meant for that?

Sort of like writing your local newspaper editor vs the NYTs.

But I guess I am finding out I am wrong.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And as I said for the hundredth time. I am fine with Nationals .... I get that....but locals no. But I do have an issue with people that are on Nationals coming across as MDers.....which many do.

 

I visited Pennsylvania about 2 weeks ago to visit relatives. While I was there they were complaining about their governor and asked me what I felt of him. I told them I have no idea since I don't really follow Pennsylvania politics since it's been over 20 years since I lived there. All I know is they have a Democratic governor and 90% of my family are Republicans.

I have the same answer here when Maryland politics are concerned. I just don't spend enough time to have a qualitative response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now