Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Madaleno running for Governor

8 posts in this topic

He sounds like a progressive extremist, based on his history and profile. No thanks.

I had to look him up since this is the first time I recall seeing his name. 

The pool to challenge Hogan is getting crowded.

9 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-madaleno-governor-20170714-story.html

Met him once and came off as a dicky and that is why I am not a fan. MoCo voters are more concerned w/ national than state issues. If his plan is to attack Hogan and Trump that might help him win the primary but not the general election, as HRC found out last year. 

dicky and creepy

http://thedailyrecord.com/2015/04/01/madaleno-letter-rubs-hogan-the-wrong-way/

Sen. Richard S. Madaleno Jr., D-Montgomery County and an openly gay member of the state legislature, sent a letter to the governor calling for the ban. A spokesman for Hogan said the governor stopped reading it three sentences in—a sentence that references Hogan’s wife Yumi and her first marriage that ended in divorce.

2 minutes ago, boink said:

dicky and creepy

http://thedailyrecord.com/2015/04/01/madaleno-letter-rubs-hogan-the-wrong-way/

Sen. Richard S. Madaleno Jr., D-Montgomery County and an openly gay member of the state legislature, sent a letter to the governor calling for the ban. A spokesman for Hogan said the governor stopped reading it three sentences in—a sentence that references Hogan’s wife Yumi and her first marriage that ended in divorce.

“I fear it could lead to a public humiliation of many of us when visiting Indiana,” Madaleno wrote. “Your family, an exemplary ambassador for the state of Maryland, could be denied service due to a random business person, waiter, or clerk’s objection to the First Lady’s previous divorce. 

“Governor Hogan is opposed to discrimination in all forms and history has repeatedly proven that the best way to effect positive change is through an engagement of ideas, not disengaging from those we disagree with,” Mayer said. “Political stunts like this are precisely what Maryland voters rejected in last year’s election.”

This guy doesn't stand a chance.

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

“I fear it could lead to a public humiliation of many of us when visiting Indiana,” Madaleno wrote. “Your family, an exemplary ambassador for the state of Maryland, could be denied service due to a random business person, waiter, or clerk’s objection to the First Lady’s previous divorce. 

“Governor Hogan is opposed to discrimination in all forms and history has repeatedly proven that the best way to effect positive change is through an engagement of ideas, not disengaging from those we disagree with,” Mayer said. “Political stunts like this are precisely what Maryland voters rejected in last year’s election.”

Maybe he has money to burn .......

I think for some of them ..... this is sort of testing the waters and building candidacy capital 'for later'....knowing full well they have a snow balls chance in hell of beating Hogan.

After that 2nd term..... I hope to be long gone from MD. 

2 hours ago, Sprightly said:

I read the full article. And it just shows what a 'cut above' Hogan is. Pretty much dismissed the letter for what it was (from a idiot) and moved on.