Ode2Joy

Is portraying straight people as gay to disparage them, using implied homosexuality, using gayness as slur?

Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on whether the ones doing it are liberal or conservative

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?

I have to say it definitely is because there would be no other reason to do it if the people who do it genuinely thought there was nothing wrong with being gay. 

Edited by Ode2Joy

Can you provide some examples of what you feel this applies to?

I recall a former poster who used to create silly polls. Hmmmmmm <_<

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?

I have to say it definitely is because there would be no other reason to do it if the people who do it genuinely thought there was nothing wrong with being gay. 

Trust me, when you graduate from high school, you'll find this isn't a common activity among adults. 

Didn't Laura Bush kill somebody with her rainbow flag?

6 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

:lol:

I'm still waiting for some sort of examples.

10 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Trust me, when you graduate from high school, you'll find this isn't a common activity among adults. 

Dude, I give you credit.  At least you're admitting that you and your circle of acquaintances use homosexuality as a slur to disparage others. 

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

Didn't Laura Bush kill somebody with her rainbow flag?

I heard she was riding a unicorn.

2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Dude, I give you credit.  At least you're admitting that you and your circle of acquaintances use homosexuality as a slur to disparage others. 

When has FatBoy admitted this? What are examples of him doing it?  Don't make such accusations about a person unless you can back them up.  Oh, and how about providing us with some examples... or are you just trolling?

16 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

10 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

Yea. You keep that dream alive snowflake. 

The fact that you created this thread indicates you must associate with people that practice this type of behavior. I doubt it surprises any one here. 

I really wouldn't touch this poll with a ten foot pole. :o

But thinking back to my junior high and high school days (and we are talking 1960-1966) it seems to me that references to being homosexual was more commonly used as a slur when aimed at boys. Somehow at that time it was less of a perceived negative to be a homosexual female, at least among the males that would use it as a slur against guys. Maybe it was because of what guys fantasized about what homosexual girls would be doing, and that was a more interesting thought (to males) than what homosexual guys would have been doing. 

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

When has FatBoy admitted this? What are examples of him doing it?  Don't make such accusations about a person unless you can back them up.  Oh, and how about providing us with some examples... or are you just trolling?

His response was a juvenile insult.  That's basically what he does instead of trying to answer a question like an adult without trying to insult. 

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

His response was a juvenile insult.  That's basically what he does instead of trying to answer a question like an adult without trying to insult. 

So, your response was to be even more juvenile?  Yeah, that's the way to handle it :rolleyes:

By the way, do you mind at some point letting us all in on the point of this poll and topic?

25 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Can you provide some examples of what you feel this applies to?

14 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I'm still waiting for some sort of examples.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

So, your response was to be even more juvenile?  Yeah, that's the way to handle it :rolleyes:

By the way, do you mind at some point letting us all in on the point of this poll and topic?

Don't hold your breath.

4 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Yea. You keep that dream alive snowflake. 

The fact that you created this thread indicates you must associate with people that practice this type of behavior. I doubt it surprises any one here. 

More juvenile name-calling from you.  I doubt that surprises anyone here either.  At least correct your spelling and grammar if you want to insult others' intelligence. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

More juvenile name-calling from you.  I doubt that surprises anyone here either.  At least correct your spelling and grammar if you want to insult others' intelligence. 

I apologize for hurting your feelings.

1 minute ago, Baltimatt said:

Don't hold your breath.

Ask banner's avatar, or you could try to recall the avatar our resident "white guilt" poster had of Trump and Putin kissing. 

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

:lol::lol: WAAAHHH!!!

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

Ask banner's avatar, or you could try to recall the avatar our resident "white guilt" poster had of Trump and Putin kissing. 

I was just hoping to get you to have the guts to admit it.  Now that you have, you might want to realize that you started a stupid topic because  you just don't understand things.  In that avatar there is absolutely no gay shaming whatsoever.  It's not the gay aspect that is shameful, it's the relationship.  Doesn't matter that they are 2 men... you do get that right?  If YOU think of that avatar as gay shaming then perhaps it is YOU who has an issue with gayness.

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I was just hoping to get you to have the guts to admit it.  Now that you have, you might want to realize that you started a stupid topic because  you just don't understand things.  In that avatar there is absolutely no gay shaming whatsoever.  It's not the gay aspect that is shameful, it's the relationship.  Doesn't matter that they are 2 men... you do get that right?  If YOU think of that avatar as gay shaming then perhaps it is YOU who has an issue with gayness.

God forbid OJ sees a gangster movie with the head of two crime families talking shop in a steam room. :o

22 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

She's trolling.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

When has FatBoy admitted this? What are examples of him doing it?  Don't make such accusations about a person unless you can back them up, and how about providing us with some examples... or are you just trolling?

Assume the latter.

Edited by WKDWZD

1 hour ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

God forbid OJ sees a gangster movie with the head of two crime families talking shop in a steam room. :o

When have you ever seen a gangster movie where the head of two crime families were talking shop while riding shirtless on the same horse together or making out with on another?