Ode2Joy

Is portraying straight people as gay to disparage them, using implied homosexuality, using gayness as slur?

Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on whether the ones doing it are liberal or conservative

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

I think it is insulting to Presidents to portray and cheap carnival barker and con artist as a President.  Of course some might argue that it is insulting to carnival barkers to compare our President to them.  

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Ask banner's avatar, or you could try to recall the avatar our resident "white guilt" poster had of Trump and Putin kissing. 

Why are you so stimulated by these avatars?

1 minute ago, demopublican said:

I think it is insulting to Presidents to portray and cheap carnival barker and con artist as a President.  Of course some might argue that it is insulting to carnival barkers to compare our President to them.  

Cool O'Malley quote, bro. Be sure to wear sunscreen under the alabaster skies while you're at it.  :P

2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

In that case, if you really believe that then you shouldn't have responded with the hook in your mouth.

You response is typical of someone who knows that the question I asked is legit and you're afraid to answer it honestly.

You were asked for examples and were unable to provide. 

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Ask banner's avatar, or you could try to recall the avatar our resident "white guilt" poster had of Trump and Putin kissing. 

Who says the people in his avatar are gay?

2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Why are you so stimulated by these avatars?

You just proved my point.  Thanks. :)

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

You just proved my point.  Thanks. :)

I was only trying to help. 

12 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Cool O'Malley quote, bro. Be sure to wear sunscreen under the alabaster skies while you're at it.  :P

You worked to get him elected 

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Your avetars have been much better?

Posted (edited)

Poor Ode.... getting thrashed on it's own thread.... apparently not bright enough to understand my avatar so just assumes it's using gayness as a slur.  Sad!

Edited by banner1124

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

I was only trying to help. 

And you did.  Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Keep fantasizing that I'm your dream gal.  Seems like she has you so obsessed with her that you can't stay on topic.  :P

Interesting to note, he can insinuate things about you, but my post doing the same about him got zapped.  :D

Not sure why anyone would be insulted by being called "gay."

Then again, I don't understand this poll/thread anyway, so there is that. :)

Everyone knows it was a response to the Warren thread. But some on this one are also on that one. Its funny they feel different about that one.

3 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Not sure why anyone would be insulted by being called "gay."

Then again, I don't understand this poll/thread anyway, so there is that. :)

As usual, we agree, Sprightly. :)

Is the bare-chested photo of Putin alone intended to "portray a straight person as gay?"

Does it become "portraying a straight person as gay" when Trump is photoshopped into it?

Is a photoshop  of Trump alone intended to "portray a straight person as gay?

Is Ode2Joy "using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?"

So many questions.

Posted (edited)

how about another poll question:

Is portraying someone as a Muslim to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using Muslim as a disparaging slur and race-baiting?

Edited by can you hear me now!

The right is so aroused by banner's avatar.

6 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Poor Ode.... getting thrashed on it's own thread.... apparently not bright enough to understand my avatar so just assumes it's using gayness as a slur.  Sad!

It never occurred to me that it implieda gay relationship.

Great.?

3 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Great.?

It never occurred to me either. :D

11 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Is portraying straight people as gay to try and disparage them simply a matter of someone using homosexuality as a disparaging slur and gay-shaming?

I have to say it definitely is because there would be no other reason to do it if the people who do it genuinely thought there was nothing wrong with being gay. 

If you were truly concerned about disparaging gay people or using slurs against gay people, you certainly would not support Kid Rock for congress given his track record.  But somehow I doubt you are concerned at all.    

10 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Great.?

10 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

It never occurred to me either. :D

Of course it didn't, because I suspect that neither of you have an issue with gay people.  Ode obviously does because that's apparently where his mind went and he tried to project his shortcomings onto everyone else.  In addition, apparently Ode doesn't understand that even IF the avatar implied they were in a gay relationship the problem wouldn't be with the gay part, but the relationship part.

20 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Can you provide some examples of what you feel this applies to?

When some TV host implied the President Trump was Vlad Putin's "****-holster" is a very famous example of an attempt to slur a straight male with a homosexual act.

I know you'll say "Oh that was just comedy" but you didn't provide a qualifier when you asked for an example.

And comedy or not (or an attempt at comedy) it's a slur either way.

Ah. It's about the Trump/Putin bromance avatar.

I would guess that it's open to interpretation.

1 minute ago, PeterRabbit said:

When some TV host implied the President Trump was Vlad Putin's "****-holster" is a very famous example of an attempt to slur a straight male with a homosexual act.

I know you'll say "Oh that was just comedy" but you didn't provide a qualifier when you asked for an example.

And comedy or not (or an attempt at comedy) it's a slur either way.

Again, the slur there is not the homosexuality, it's the "act".  It's about the relationship between the two.