Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonsensback

Border Patrol union chief praises 'miraculous' drop in illegal immigration under Trump

32 posts in this topic

The significant downturn in the number of illegal border crossers between the U.S. and Mexico is "nothing short of miraculous," National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd said on C-SPAN Monday.

"As far as the Trump administration's efforts on immigration, this is something they campaigned heavily on," he said. "At six months, where we are on meeting those promises, we are seeing nothing short of miraculous. If you look at the rhetoric that President Trump has given, it has caused a number of illegal border crossings to go down. We have never seen such a drop that we currently have."

"There's a vibe, there's an energy in the Border Patrol that's never been there before in 20 years that I've been in the patrol," Judd added in a separate Fox News interview.

Miraculous. And all it took was tough talk and full support of the border patrol.

Just now, ivanbalt said:

Has there actually been any policy or law changes? 

Read the link...oh wait!  :D

This month, Customs and Border Protection reported a 53 percent decrease in the number of apprehensions at the southwest border since last year. The number also includes those deemed inadmissible. CBP sees apprehensions as a proxy for how many people are trying to cross the border, and says the drop in apprehensions indicates a drop in attempted illegal crossings.

Judd said the Trump administration commanded in two executive orders for border agents to fully carry out related laws, while the Obama administration kept agents from doing their jobs as was intended.

I guess that makes sense?  :confused:

Then again, scapegoating illegals for all of this country's problems is a good way to stir up the racists and maybe scare people from trying to sneak in.

Just now, ivanbalt said:

I guess that makes sense?  :confused:

Then again, scapegoating illegals for all of this country's problems is a good way to stir up the racists and maybe scare people from trying to sneak in.

Whatever works.

I would assume we would feel different if we lived in one of the border states.

Now all some see is a cheap deck and drywall.

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Whatever works.

I would assume we would feel different if we lived in one of the border states.

Now all some see is a cheap deck and drywall.

Sometimes  making it clear that the laws will be ACTUALLY BE enforced has that affect.

Hmmmmm now maybe BC should adopt that policy? :D

Fake News

The decline in border crossings is consistent with a trend that began long before Trump became President 

Pew Research 2016:

Apprehensions of Mexican migrants at U.S. borders reach near-historic low

BY ANA GONZALEZ-BARRERA4 COMMENTS

The number of Mexican migrants apprehended at U.S. borders in fiscal 2015 dropped to the lowest levels in nearly 50 years, according to U.S. Border Patrol data. This change comes after a period in which net migration of Mexicans to the U.S. had fallen to lows not seen since the 1940s.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/04/14/mexico-us-border-apprehensions/

4 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Fake News

The decline in border crossings is consistent with a trend that began long before Trump became President 

Pew Research 2016:

The number of Mexican migrants apprehended at U.S. borders in fiscal 2015 dropped to the lowest levels in nearly 50 years, according to U.S. Border Patrol data. This change comes after a period in which net migration of Mexicans to the U.S. had fallen to lows not seen since the 1940s.

Impossible!  The Don wasn't in office in 2015!  #MAGA!

19 minutes ago, workerbee said:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/border-patrol-union-chief-praises-miraculous-drop-in-illegal-immigration-under-trump/article/2628828

"Judd said the Trump administration commanded in two executive orders for border agents to fully carry out related laws, while the Obama administration kept agents from doing their jobs as was intended".

Wait, now I'm confused. Was Obama the deporter in chief or was he not allowing the border patrol to do their jobs? You guys need to make up your mind.

Much like the economy that Trump loves to take credit for, it's really just the continuation of a previous trend.

Edited by michiganjoe

7 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Fake News

Pew Research 2016:

Yet another right wing EPIC THREAD FAIL:D

13 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Wait, now I'm confused. Was Obama the deporter in chief or was he not allowing the border patrol to do their jobs? You guys need to make up your mind.

Just like the Unemployment numbers, the stats were fake under Obama but are real now

#MAGA

To many, perceptions matter. More than pesky facts.

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

Miraculous. And all it took was tough talk and full support of the border patrol.

And an existing trend doesn't hurt. 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Wow this thread died quickly. What did you all have for lunch today?

Some had crow. 

54 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Yet another right wing EPIC THREAD FAIL:D

Tell the chief of the border Patrol Soul..

He made the statement is in the position to know what has happened in the past compared to now.

Fake news indeed

10 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

He made the statement is in the position to know what has happened in the past compared to now.

Fake news indeed

Me thinks he's a bit biased

The only thing that has changed has been the rhetoric coming from the White House. The stats show the trend of declining border crossings goes back years.

Obama deported millions but didn't scapegoat Immigrants over crime and drug use 

Edited by soulflower

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

Fake news indeed

Nahh I'd rather tell the person who created the thread and took the info as gospel without doing their homework because it fit their agenda. :)

9 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Nahh I'd rather tell the person who created the thread and took the info as gospel without doing their homework because it fit their agenda. :)

I guess for one who rarely if ever starts a thread on their own, go figure that's how you would approach it.

And yes, using existing laws to solve an issue that effects this country does fit my agenda.

Thanks for noticing.