Ode2Joy

Liberal Logic 101 on Gun Laws: Mary Pat Clarke

36 posts in this topic

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/council-mixed-over-proposed-baltimore-gun-law/10314591

Mary Pat Clarke opposes the proposed mandatory sentencing for illegal guns because people might get arrested for illegally carrying them for self-protection, but also opposes legal CCW which would allow people to legally carry for self-protection.

Mary Pat Clarke, vice chairwoman of the committee that bill will be assigned to, said at this point she's not sure if she'll support the bill.

"I'm concerned about people, for example, who are carrying illegal guns to protect themselves because they're so scared and that's the first thing I'm thinking of," Clarke said. "We know the dangers out there. We know the violence that comes from guns, but still we need to take this seriously and have hearings and considerations and then move forward."

8 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

MPC has lost her damn mind. :D

Many years ago but keeps running ......

So she'd rather see people carry illegally vs legally?  Makes perfect sense :huh:

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Ditto cubed!

Ill be shocked if one person (here or anywhere) can make an argument to defend her on this

Liberal Logic is an oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron.

4 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/council-mixed-over-proposed-baltimore-gun-law/10314591

Mary Pat Clarke opposes the proposed mandatory sentencing for illegal guns because people might get arrested for illegally carrying them for self-protection, but also opposes legal CCW which would allow people to legally carry for self-protection.

I hate to say this .....and maybe the content of the link changed....but I see no mention of CCW in it. Now if you have something she previously said .... I would like to hear that also.

And as I have said..... TIME AND TIME AGAIN....THERE IS ALREADY A 5 YEAR PENALTY ON THE MD LAW BOOKS. Which is always the first thing to get plea bargained away. As we see everyday almost.

But I will conceed that that 5 years is in the commission ot a crime. What they are proposing is 'if someone is found with a gun' it would be 1 year mandatory.

However, since cops can't just stop an frisk...... in fact they can't even eyeball someone (see poor Freddie) the likely-hood of finding someone just walking around with an illegal/concealed handgun is pretty nill.

Again more feel good BS from the geniuses at the Mayors Admin.

Shhhessssh....

Is her opposition to CCW a previous factor/new article I did a quick search....NADA.

Please provide some documentation please.

4 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Must have been caused by being bounced around by those young men in the parking garage.

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Must have been caused by being bounced around by those young men in the parking garage.

You're confusing her with Rikki Spector.

That just tells me she knows many folks in her district are armed illegally for protection against the zombies in the city.

Get she has made it clear she stands with Frosh and the other anti gunners to make it nearly impossible to legally carry. 

11 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

You're confusing her with Rikki Spector.

Ooopppsssss thanks.

9 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

That just tells me she knows many folks in her district are armed illegally for protection against the zombies in the city.

Get she has made it clear she stands with Frosh and the other anti gunners to make it nearly impossible to legally carry. 

I don't doubt that she is .....but as I said before....I did some searching re her and CCW....found nothing.

Anyone else have some links?

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I don't doubt that she is .....but as I said before....I did some searching re her and CCW....found nothing.

Anyone else have some links?

What links do you need?

She is a longtime Baltimore liberal and supporter of Frosh and the others.

Of course she is dead against law abiding Marylanders having the ability to protect themselves.

It's in her DNA.

Doesn't everyone in the city who illegally owns a gun carry it for protection? I mean I know they go around on the offensive a lot, but in the end, it's all for "protection".

MPC was on WBAL radio this morning talking about the gun bill.  She was all over the place and not making much sense.  Maybe its getting to be time for her to retire. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

What links do you need?

She is a longtime Baltimore liberal and supporter of Frosh and the others.

Of course she is dead against law abiding Marylanders having the ability to protect themselves.

It's in her DNA.

Hey look..... I am on your side on this.

ANY lib/dem politician (especially in MD) is against ANYONE having guns....well except for criminals of course. :D It is in all their DNA.

Hmmmm I wonder if Frosh has armed security or carries. Even money says he has one or both. :mad:

I was just wondering if there was a specific example......that's all.

Edited by Guido2

8 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

MPC was on WBAL radio this morning talking about the gun bill.  She was all over the place and not making much sense.  Maybe its getting to be time for her to retire. 

Maybe she and Ginsburg can share an apartment. :lol:

Just now, Guido2 said:

Hey look..... I am on your side on this.

ANY lib/dem politician is against ANYONE having guns....well except for criminals of course. :D It is in all their DNA. Hmmmm I wonder if Frosh has armed security or carries. Even money says he has one or both. :mad:

I was just wondering if there was a specific example......that's all.

Specific?  I don't know,  haven't bothered to look.

But a lifetime of liberal logic can guarantee she doesn't want you or I to be armed legally anymore than one of her voters being armed illegally. 

Just now, jonsensback said:

Specific?  I don't know,  haven't bothered to look.

But a lifetime of liberal logic can guarantee she doesn't want you or I to be armed legally anymore than one of her voters being armed illegally. 

So if that is true....then why is she hedging on a vote for the law? Or as pointed out by Smokey...her trolley is off the tracks?

31 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

I heard that.  She was repeatedly stammering and semi-coherent at best and kept going off the rails and talking about other things to avoid the guy's repeated direct question about people having illegal guns for protection and being against allowing legal guns for the same purpose.

I hope they have that interview available soon.  She was babbling worse than Pelosi and sounded genuinely confused and lost. She's showing her age for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I heard that.  She was repeatedly stammering and semi-coherent at best and kept going off the rails and talking about other things to avoid the guy's repeated direct question about people having illegal guns for protection and being against allowing legal guns for the same purpose.

I hope they have that interview available soon.  She was babbling worse than Pelosi and sounded genuinely confused and lost. She's showing her age for sure. 

Now that I am retired and 63 years of age, I look back and forward and while younger I may have dismissed 'the old coots'. But ....to a point.....many old coots have much to offer as their experiences often tempered thinking and ideas.

Now that being said....there comes a point...that the sagely advise offered by 'the old coots' becomes the rants of a mind that is not firing on all thrusters. And it is time to step down.

I haven't been to WBAL yet.....did they post the interview?

On July 18, 2017 at 7:34 AM, jonsensback said:

MPC finds herself trapped between towing the party line and reality. Her waffling on the subject shows she is still politically astute as ever. The city has gotten so violent that many otherwise law abiding citizens, can't get a permit and refuse to be a victim. Yet , wealthy dem activists along with the party elders remain staunch gun control advocates.

She saw what happened to Kurt Schmoke when he brought an unpopular position to the drug problem. If you buck the establishment in city politics, you're gone. So the politically expedient position is to take both positions, FOR gun control, AGAINST mandatory minimums for illegally carrying a fire arm. After all, what the pols care most about is staying in power.