Ode2Joy

Liberal Logic 101 on Gun Laws: Mary Pat Clarke

35 posts in this topic

I always wonder what % of people actually would get a permit to carry if it was easy and legal.  Every day people go on about it and every single baltimore Sun story about crime on Facebook has three guys making comments about it.  But how many actually would carry if they could.  I live in Florida and I have yet to see a person carry a gun.  I do see idiots take advantage of the no helmet laws.

32 minutes ago, Woodbuchr said:

As Attorney General Frosh has a State Trooper as his driver, State Troopers are armed. Remember when Gansler got in a little hot water for how he treated his Trooper/Driver?

Having a Trooper as his driver means he has an armed guard whenever he wants to use him. I can also attest from personal experience that Frosh had no problem having an armed Trooper in the Judicial Proceedings Committee hearing room in Annapolis.

Now, you and I on the other hand, just have to take our chances when in Maryland unless you don't mind carrying illegally or are one of the rare few granted a permit solely for personal protection.

As I have quoted 'Some animals are more equal than others'. 

Oh I never doubted that Frosh doesn't have protection 24/7 and I would not be the least bit shocked if somehow it was found out that he has a CCW.

Interesting factoid I came across just this morning. There are over 6 Million people in MD of which only around 14000 have CCWs. I also find it interesting that 'they' made a big to-do about the new State Trooper Commander and how he might 'lighten up' on CCW issuance in MD because of his background. 

One problem Frosh pretty much is head honcho for the Staties.:angry:

Welcome to Maybeland.....

I believe I am more likely to get pregnant than Maybeland becoming a CCW 'shall issue' state. BTW I am a 63 year old male.

9 minutes ago, demopublican said:

I always wonder what % of people actually would get a permit to carry if it was easy and legal.  Every day people go on about it and every single baltimore Sun story about crime on Facebook has three guys making comments about it.  But how many actually would carry if they could.  I live in Florida and I have yet to see a person carry a gun.  I do see idiots take advantage of the no helmet laws.

You really didn't say that did you?:rolleyes:

It is called 'concealed carry' for a reason. 

Now if you said 'I never saw a CCW carrier whip out a gun and save the day. Well that would be more accurate. 

I have no way of providing a percentage of who might. And I would imagine there are a number of people ....the greatest percentage....would have no interest in having one.

However it would be nice is the option were really there for the remainder. Sort of like ....everyone can get a drivers license fairly easily....but it doesn't mean you have to get one. 

Frankly, I feel a lot more comfortable at the gun range with all those 'nasty' firearms around me than I do driving on MD roads. :D

If MPC wants to look out for people who carry illegal guns for protection, she should jump on the opportunity to promote the issuance of CCW for those who want to be trained and tested so that they can carry legally.

At 76, I'm not sure if her inability to address that direct question by Bryan Nehman was her deliberately being obtuse to evade the point Nehman made or just age-related at this point. 

Baltimore is a perfect example of what happens in a pure Democratic Party government from top to bottom, so it's hard to tell. 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

You really didn't say that did you?:rolleyes:

It is called 'concealed carry' for a reason. 

Now if you said 'I never saw a CCW carrier whip out a gun and save the day. Well that would be more accurate. 

I have no way of providing a percentage of who might. And I would imagine there are a number of people ....the greatest percentage....would have no interest in having one.

However it would be nice is the option were really there for the remainder. Sort of like ....everyone can get a drivers license fairly easily....but it doesn't mean you have to get one. 

Frankly, I feel a lot more comfortable at the gun range with all those 'nasty' firearms around me than I do driving on MD roads. :D

You're safer at your local skeet/trap range than in your bathroom.

34 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

You're safer at your local skeet/trap range than in your bathroom.

I heard that Frosh and the GA are working on another bill to make unregistered toilet seats a felony. And to possess a toilet seat you must attend and 8 hour course for certification to purchase and another permit to use of same....it is called a PPP.:D

Edited by Guido2

On 7/22/2017 at 8:23 AM, demopublican said:

I plan to get a Concealed Carry permit in my new state of residence (Pennsylvania). I doubt I will carry very often, if at all, but I have the right to the permit and I will avail myself of that right. I also take advantage of helmet choice in this state while riding my motorcycle, I usually don't wear one. My wife also takes advantage of helmet choice, she usually wears hers. That's her choice.

24 minutes ago, Woodbuchr said:

I plan to get a Concealed Carry permit in my new state of residence (Pennsylvania). I doubt I will carry very often, if at all, but I have the right to the permit and I will avail myself of that right. I also take advantage of helmet choice in this state while riding my motorcycle, I usually don't wear one. My wife also takes advantage of helmet choice, she usually wears hers. That's her choice.

but but but but......doesn't the goooberment know better than we the unwashed....that we are not capable of making those decisions? Well maybe they are right....after we-uns don hab dat college edUmahcation they do ....fancy schools and all. :rolleyes::lol:

Maybeland's motto is a joke 'The Free State'. 

Well then again it is context....... the goooberment is free to tax your butt off, it is free to prevent you from protecting yourself, it is free to put a fee on anything that moves and it is free to hand out freebies and goodies to useless people. 

But free in what was the original context.....NOPE!

Edited by Guido2

26 minutes ago, Woodbuchr said:

Kind of interesting when I think about it. It seems that when ever anyone posts something about retiring NO ONE SAYS THEY ARE STAYING IN MARYLAND!

Yes there is the tax aspect (a Maryland tradition) and the weather aspect. But most seem to emphasis things like you mention. Seems to me that people just want to enjoy the remainder of their lives and have a goooberment that minds it own bidness....like fixing roads, making sure the buses run on time and so on.