soulflower

Woman shot by the police after calling the police

179 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

This forum is one thing.  How this society as a whole, and in particular the media, is quite another and THAT is what I'm talking about.

So far I'm quite pleased with the measured response from all sides.  Blue supporters are not rushing to defend him, victim-smearers are not rushing to smear her, the facts are being gathered, and they are going to let it resolve in the legal system instead of the press.  

I don't think religion has anything to do with the response.  Race?  Probably, but more so because the victim was white, not because the cop was not.  Even AA cops who shot AA subjects have been ripped.

Hmmmm I wonder why I haven't heard about this case on mainstream news.

They seem to be real into that firing at innocent people through doors thing lately, let's all hope its just a fad.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:06 AM, PeterRabbit said:

In this case it was a black cop who shot an unarmed white woman.

Just wait for the "usual crowd" of police haters to suddenly change course and embrace the black Somali-immigrant cop.

Still waiting! Hasn't happened. Wonder if you're getting the lesson here out of this,... prolly not. You see, it ain't about color casting,... it's about power and the abuse thereof. The black community show their concern no matter what the color castings are, they understand,... they object just as loudly when a person dies needlessly at the hands of an officer regardless of the color casting. Our community is stuck on stupid, and in several instances have proven themselves to be stuck on color,... like now.