Rob A.

SFA new Qb

507 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Hahaha MIAA #1....Good joke. 

1. DM over SFA. 1-0 WCAC

2.) SJC over doesn't matter. 2-0 WCAC

3. GC over doesn't matter. Beat both MSJ and Spalding. 3-0 WCAC.

4.) McDonogh over Gonzaga. Being generous to the MIAA on this one because I'd have them as the #2 against SJC and it wouldn't be pretty. 3-1 WCAC

5.) BMac over Calvert Hall. No debate. One beat Riverdale Baptist and the other lost. 4-1 WCAC. 

6.) Loyola over SMR to make it a race...4-2 WCAC.

Any other knee slappers, TS?

Strength of local leagues...

1. WCAC

2.MIAA

Large Gap

3/4 Tie. 4A/3A

Loyola was last place in the MIAA and was blown out by Gilman. It would be CHC versus Ryken, which CHC would have won. Mount Saint and Mac would play not CHC and I think that game goes to MSJ in a close one. Remember, MSJ blew the game against GC. Should have kicked a FG to win the game. So it would have been 3-3 last year. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Sorry my old self fell asleep DW. Mumu was homegrown but got caught up in that ER transfer craziness he actually lived down the road from me in Hampshire development. If you know the area Hampshire is directly next to the HS. He came back to us for his junior and senior year I believe don't quote me on that might've been just a senior year. Been a while now since that day. So don't quote me on that.

I do agree I find the private stuff a little crazy. It basically depends on who has the biggest bank roll determines your league champ. But have to support family and my buddy.

haha this is why I read love the inside info and the back and forth. Hopefully we can meet up sometime at one of these games.

Yes yes, I recall the Roosevelt mess somewhat where the coach was band from ever coaching in the county again without some special high level approval.  Isn't he the guy who moved on to WCAC Arch Carroll?  I believe that's when Coach Tom Green of Surrattsville moved over to Roosevelt.

And yes I am familiar with the Hampshire area.  I seem to recall it near the mall under full construction in latter 1980s when I worked at Andrews.  I too have family who coach at a very prestigious private with near unlimited resources.  The facilities there are top-shelf no doubt.  He use to coach in the publics where he coached, did laundry, was strength and conditioning, grounds keeper, and on and on to now just being a coach.  But he still tells me that he had much better pure football smart and dawg players who knew the best played while he has to now insure players whose parents are paying big tuition get onto the field and not go up against some monster opponent.

Edited by DayWalker

Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Loyola was last place in the MIAA and was blown out by Gilman. It would be Gilman versus Ryken, which Gilman would have won. Mount Saint and Mac would play not CHC and I think that game goes to MSJ in a close one. Remember, MSJ blew the game against GC. Should have kicked a FG to win the game. So it would have been 3-3 last year. 

You're right. Gilman over SMR...still 4-2 WCAC...

Whats the MIAA ranking? 

1.) SFA loses to DM last year. Not up for debate. We can re visit this year after the season since SFA is much improved.

2.) McDonogh? Thought you may want to wait until they could play Gonzaga at 4? Let's say Spalding. Still a loss to SJC and a bad one. 

3.) MSJ lost to GC. Fact. 

4.) McD over Gonzaga for ease of argument 

5.) CHC lost to Riverdale Baptist. BMac beat them. Also beat Bishop Sullivan. Better team 

Game over. The MIAA has been better than the WCAC. Not right now. 

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You're right. Gilman over SMR...still 4-2 WCAC...

Whats the MIAA ranking? 

1.) SFA loses to DM last year. Not up for debate. We can re visit this year after the season since SFA is much improved.

2.) McDonogh? Thought you may want to wait until they could play Gonzaga at 4? Let's say Spalding. Still a loss to SJC and a bad one. 

3.) MSJ lost to GC. Fact. 

4.) McD over Gonzaga for ease of argument 

5.) CHC lost to Riverdale Baptist. BMac beat them. Also beat Bishop Sullivan. Better team 

Game over. The MIAA has been better than the WCAC. Not right now. 

I change it, it would be CHC against Ryken. 

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Strength of local leagues...

1. WCAC

2.MIAA

Large Gap

3/4 Tie. 4A/3A

Would this ranking include those "on athlete scholarship" and re-classed before and while in high school?  I mean DM won last season with players who should have been playing college ball.  One poster here admitted he reclass'd his son on that team for sport reason and the scheme seem to have work out very well.  The end in his particular case and for DM justified the means.  And the same could be said of the re-class'd SJC QB of last season.

Edited by DayWalker

25 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Would this ranking include those "on athlete scholarship" and re-classed before and while in high school?  I mean DM won last season with players who should have been playing college ball.  One poster here admitted he reclass'd his son on that team for sport reason and the scheme seem to have work out very well.  The end in his particular case and for DM justified the means.  And the same could be said of the re-class'd SJC QB of last season.

Nobody in the entire WCAC re classed in high school. DM was younger than most of the top teams in the area last year. Wise was the oldest. You should do more research. 

41 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I change it, it would be CHC against Ryken. 

So, DM vs SFA, SJC vs MSJ, GC vs. Spalding, Gonzaga vs McDonogh, BMac vs Gilman?, SMR vs CHC?, Loyola vs ABC? 

I'm guessing you're thinking Gilman has a better shot at BMac? Were you blackedout during the Bishop Sullivan games?

59 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Yes yes, I recall the Roosevelt mess somewhat where the coach was band from ever coaching in the county again without some special high level approval.  Isn't he the guy who moved on to WCAC Arch Carroll?  I believe that's when Coach Tom Green of Surrattsville moved over to Roosevelt.

And yes I am familiar with the Hampshire area.  I seem to recall it near the mall under full construction in latter 1980s when I worked at Andrews.  I too have family who coach at a very prestigious private with near unlimited resources.  The facilities there are top-shelf no doubt.  He use to coach in the publics where he coached, did laundry, was strength and conditioning, grounds keeper, and on and on to now just being a coach.  But he still tells me that he had much better pure football smart and dawg players who knew the best played while he has to now insure players whose parents are paying big tuition get onto the field and not go up against some monster opponent.

Yes 100% right same guy.

Yes that is Hampshire where I lived. Nice neighborhood.

yea Zac would have us out laundry, field maintenance, etc. that by itself was a full time job. I agree the kids back in the day seem to be more savvy. But I don't know if that is just me being old or accurate.

33 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Nobody in the entire WCAC re classed in high school. DM was younger than most of the top teams in the area last year. Wise was the oldest. You should do more research. 

Damn DW sounds like he is calling your public school boys out about something 

19 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yeah, TECHNICALLY you could say the DM QB of last year didn't re-class while in high school because I understand he was injured prior to officially walking thru the doors for grade-9 albeit he had completed the 8th-grade.  But wasn't he injured working with the high school team he was to play with prior to walking thru the door to begin grade 9, high school?  He re-class'd....fact, or am I wrong, and Could He Have Been in College Ball LAST YEAR when DM opened season 2016?  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Damn DW sounds like he is calling your public school boys out about something 

Yeah, sounds like it to me also.  Chevy Chase proclaims DM one of the younger teams and Wise the oldest yet we couldn't get him to utter facts last season about DM's re-class numbers.  Didn't I call him I Know Nothin', I See Nothin' Sgt. Shultz?  :D

7 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Yeah, sounds like it to me also.  Chevy Chase proclaims DM one of the younger teams and Wise the oldest yet we couldn't get him to utter facts last season about DM's re-class numbers.  Didn't I call him I Know Nothin', I See Nothin' Sgt. Shultz?  :D

Yup and I believe you in or before high school reclassed guys. We all know that they had some before

On 8/11/2017 at 7:57 AM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Actually, 8 kids. I forgot to count Jamion Franklin. And Gilman wouldn't have contended for a title, they would have won it easily. Would have been much better than SFA was last year. Of course it drained the program, what's your point? 

Spanky was a transfer how? He's at Gilman! More like a redshirt than a transfer. 

Transfers sit out a year.  Redshirts get another year.  Sounds more like a transfer to me. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

Transfers sit out a year.  Redshirts get another year.  Sounds more like a transfer to me. 

Please explain this redshirt, are you talking about high school redshirt?

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

So, DM vs SFA, SJC vs MSJ, GC vs. Spalding, Gonzaga vs McDonogh, BMac vs Gilman?, SMR vs CHC?, Loyola vs ABC? 

I'm guessing you're thinking Gilman has a better shot at BMac? Were you blackedout during the Bishop Sullivan games?

No. Would be DM vs SFA, SJC vs Spalding, GC vs Mcdonogh, Gonzaga vs MSJ, BMac vs CHC, Gilman vs SMR and Loyola vs ABC. 

DM

SJC

McDonogh

Toss up

BMac

Gilman

Loyola 

7 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

No, transfer means kid is at another school. Sounds nothing like a transfer. 

26 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No, transfer means kid is at another school. Sounds nothing like a transfer. 

If he didn't transfer then he would have been allowed to participate in football...right?

15 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

If he didn't transfer then he would have been allowed to participate in football...right?

Don't think he actually transferred, I believe the Issue was that he was actually working out with team during organized practices, but I could be wrong

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Yeah, TECHNICALLY you could say the DM QB of last year didn't re-class while in high school because I understand he was injured prior to officially walking thru the doors for grade-9 albeit he had completed the 8th-grade.  But wasn't he injured working with the high school team he was to play with prior to walking thru the door to begin grade 9, high school?  He re-class'd....fact, or am I wrong, and Could He Have Been in College Ball LAST YEAR when DM opened season 2016?  :rolleyes:

You're doing it again, DW. You know you're wrong, so you pick a trivial portion of the argument and act like it's some huge deal. Everything you're talking about is nonsense. Point blank, Wise had the oldest team in the area last year. Stick to the topic and stop dancing like a bozo. 

Edited by Silverbullet

15 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Don't think he actually transferred, I believe the Issue was that he was actually working out with team during organized practices, but I could be wrong

Exactly!!!!! He never actually enrolled in another school, he did one organized team workout, which made him ineligible. 

15 minutes ago, jbmad said:

if he didn't transfer (yes i know he ended up at Gilman) or have the intent to transfer he would have been allowed to play.  We both know the MIAA doesn't do a good job of upholding rules .  This must have been so blatant they had no other option.

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No. Would be DM vs SFA, SJC vs Spalding, GC vs Mcdonogh, Gonzaga vs MSJ, BMac vs CHC, Gilman vs SMR and Loyola vs ABC. 

DM

SJC

McDonogh

Toss up

BMac

Gilman

Loyola 

So Good Counsel beats a team(Spalding) that beat McDonogh by double digits and you give that game to McDonogh. Ain't happenin'. Look, you can juggle that 2-4 up as much as you want. WCAC was much better in 2016. We'll see how this year goes. 

12 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You're doing it again, DW. You know you're wrong, so you pick a trivial portion of the argument and act like it's some huge deal. Everything you're talking about is nonsense. Point blank, Wise had the oldest team in the area last year. Stick to the topic and stop dancing like a bozo. 

So tell me what part of the reclass I described of your DM QB of last year is false and I'll accept whatever you say is wrong as this will be a matter of record to include had he not reclass'd, he could have been a college freshman when DM opened its season last year.  And could the SJC have been also been in college last year?  Again, you know NOTHIN' about DM reclass number but so well versed in Wise ages.  You mean to tell me you study the Pumas that much!!  How does QO fare in your research?  Howard?  Or was it all about Wise?  Do tell CC...

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

You were given the numbers from DM. Nobody else. Only DM. Just because it wasn't from me, doesn't mean that the information wasn't given to you. Stop bringing up where people are from. You're not from here. What was is? Norfolk then Alabama before you came up here and became some high school football groupie? 

13 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

So Good Counsel beats a team(Spalding) that beat McDonogh by double digits and you give that game to McDonogh. Ain't happenin'. Look, you can juggle that 2-4 up as much as you want. WCAC was much better in 2016. We'll see how this year goes. 

Matchups my friend, matchups. Spalding would have dragged GC by year's end. They had a bunch of new starters when they played GC at the beginning of the year. I was at that game, Spalding looked like a total different team when they played McD.

I never said I thought the MIAA was better than the WCAC last year, it wasn't IMO. As far as this year goes, I think it's a down year for both conferences outside of DM and SFA.