Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob A.

SFA new Qb

507 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

Shouldn't we as parents and coaches be pushing education first?  I mean how many of these kids actually make it to the league? They need something to fall back on

They do and are but for the student athlete education in HS is based on 16 core courses mandated by the NCAA and graduating. I think the goal of many parents "or at least the many I talk to" is getting their kids to college. If the league happens congrats but most want their kids to go to school for as little as possible and earn a college degree.

On 7/18/2017 at 2:17 PM, RM7 said:

LOL better tell Saban to retract that offer an hire you to recruit for him. 

Nah I wouldn't want to be a recruiter but maybe you should help your guys out at MSJ cause it looks like it's hard to get offered over there ?

They have 3 kids with offers now better then the majority of schools on the state.

It just wouldn't make sense for him to goto SFA, he is really good friends with Leddie Brown and he's actually a pretty damn good player but not on the level of the VA kid and would sit behind him.

the ONLY thing I could see is maybe having him play as a pure passer and putting the VA kid in as a WR 

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

Nah I wouldn't want to be a recruiter but maybe you should help your guys out at MSJ cause it looks like it's hard to get offered over there ?

Gooch,

I have a friend who had a son there at MSJ.  He said he was impressed with the coach's efforts in the recruiting process.

3 hours ago, Tomslick said:

They do and are but for the student athlete education in HS is based on 16 core courses mandated by the NCAA and graduating. I think the goal of many parents "or at least the many I talk to" is getting their kids to college. If the league happens congrats but most want their kids to go to school for as little as possible and earn a college degree.

Slick,

That's what I have heard from most parents as well.  They want to get their kid into school hopefully paying as less as possible.

20 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Slick,

That's what I have heard from most parents as well.  They want to get their kid into school hopefully paying as less as possible.

I havent had any convo's with parents about going to the league. Most understand that's a dream come! 

On 7/19/2017 at 9:23 AM, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

Trust me he is going to St. Frances In Baltimore. Poggi has a real good relation with the HC at WVU. The HC was impressed what SFA did at the WVU 7on7 camp they put on a show. 

You must be on that bugga suga...who has poggi sent to WVU? if he had that real good relationSHIP as you say, i would assume Poggi would have had a few kids play for the HC at WVU.  I am waiting...

P.S. any confirmation on DMV actually going to Gilman yet...

17 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

You must be on that bugga suga...who has poggi sent to WVU? if he had that real good relationSHIP as you say, i would assume Poggi would have had a few kids play for the HC at WVU.  I am waiting...

P.S. any confirmation on DMV actually going to Gilman yet...

Marcus Coleman was committed to WVU. When he left SFA, poggi told head coach to snag his offer away... what happend??? Its gone! Exactly! My point exactly. 

P.S. How you doing?

29 minutes ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

Marcus Coleman was committed to WVU. When he left SFA, poggi told head coach to snag his offer away... what happend??? Its gone! Exactly! My point exactly. 

P.S. How you doing?

Kid who went back to Riverdale?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

Yep, he is from the Upper Marlboro area of Riverdale Baptist and Wise.  And I saw him play last season for RBS.  I'm sure I saw him in a scrimmage against DeMatha last season.  Did he actually ever play with SFA???????

Edited by DayWalker

No, he was one of two Riverdale guys who came up to SFA, but he went back before actually transferring 

On 7/19/2017 at 6:01 PM, GOOCH said:

Dam man first you kick off the mass exodus thread now this.  What MSJ ever do to you LOL.

So do we have a lot of people going or coming to WCAC schools? I heard from someone that several of the old GC staff are now at St. John's. 

4 hours ago, jbmad said:

Yup... He was committed to WVU. When he transfer to SFA poggi made sure he had a wvu offer, Once he decide to leave poggi told holgersen to snag away the offer guess what he did took the offer away. Kids has to play this game smart. At the end of the day its a buisness

20 minutes ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

Yup... He was committed to WVU. When he transfer to SFA poggi made sure he had a wvu offer, Once he decide to leave poggi told holgersen to snag away the offer guess what he did took the offer away. Kids has to play this game smart. At the end of the day its a buisness

I guess that's what you call helping kids,huh?

16 hours ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

P.S. How you doing?

You obviously don't know the recruiting game.  A college coach would never do what a high school coach told him to do.  You really have no clue. 

11 hours ago, jbmad said:

I guess that's what you call helping kids,huh?

The Poggi crew actually call that "saving kids lives"

27 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

The Poggi crew actually call that "saving kids lives"

Having a coach pull someone scholarship is saving a kids life. Gotcha

22 minutes ago, ECF said:

I didn't know they got the Evans kid from McNamara as well! They literally could have the most talent on one team in state history! Honestly, they should win every MIAA game in a running clock. Think I will come in town just to see the DeMatha/SFA scrimmage. I think DM people will be in for a shocker. 

Right, talk about a league laying down on the job. Why would any other MIAA team want to play this school . 

3 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Right, talk about a league laying down on the job. Why would any other MIAA team want to play this school . 

I truly don't know how the MIAA can keep them in the league much longer. This is the definition of a super/all star team.

If they can bring these kids together, and Poggi doesn't revert back to some of his coaching tendencies, they have a very good chance of running the table. And if they beat IMG, they will win the MNC and end the year number 1 in the nation. 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

This Poggi influence with WVU in the Coleman matter has me confused.  I understand Coleman had several offers including Syracuse and North Carolina offers before WVU.  I also understand Coleman camped at WVU and was offered immediately afterwards and he committed some weeks or a month later.  Didn't he have double digit offers and the jmad say he never played a down for SFA....

Edited by DayWalker