Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob A.

SFA new Qb

507 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

This Poggi influence with WVU in the Coleman matter has me confused.  I understand Coleman had several offers including Syracuse and North Carolina offers before WVU.  I also understand Coleman camped at WVU and was offered immediately afterwards and he committed some weeks or a month later.  Didn't he have double digit offers and the jmad say he never played a down for SFA....

DW he was training with SFA, and was supposed to transfer but changed up at the last minute 

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I didn't know they got the Evans kid from McNamara as well! They literally could have the most talent on one team in state history! Honestly, they should win every MIAA game in a running clock. Think I will come in town just to see the DeMatha/SFA scrimmage. I think DM people will be in for a shocker. 

I would hope not DM will be shocked over a scrimmage if it is used for its purpose; that is, to work on issues, assess players, etc.  Save the bullets for Gorman and when Franklin break off some toe nails in the Stags' rear....

Edited by DayWalker

8 minutes ago, jbmad said:

DW he was training with SFA, and was supposed to transfer but changed up at the last minute 

I understand, but that adds up to Coleman never played a down for SFA and working out with SFA does not warrant a college football scholarship.  I recall seeing Coleman playing with RBS for at least the last two seasons.  All his game play and film was with RBS so SFA is a non-factor in legit offers to me.  A high school coach's endorsement absence documented play and camp is not legit to me....  Again, the player had double digit offers.

3 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I understand, but that adds up to Coleman never played a down for SFA and working out with SFA does not warrant a college football scholarship.  I recall seeing Coleman playing with RBS for at least the last two seasons.  All his game play and film was with RBS so SFA is a non-factor in legit offers to me.  A high school coach's endorsement absence documented play and camp is not legit to me....  Again, the player had double digit offers.

I agree with you DW, most of the players at SFA the last 2 seasons already had offers before transferring,  most had multiple offers that's why they go after them. You don't see them going after average Joe to save his life do you

12 minutes ago, jbmad said:

I agree with you DW, most of the players at SFA the last 2 seasons already had offers before transferring,  most had multiple offers that's why they go after them. You don't see them going after average Joe to save his life do you

DMV talks out his ***...remember his brother works in recruiting at under armour! LMAO.

What's happening at SFA is way beyond helping inner city kids.  The majority of these kids don't need help, they already have college offers.  This is about building a team that can contend for National dominance.  #EGO.  Let's take McDonogh, a school that has more resources and dorms.  McDonogh gets 1-2 transfers a year.  How many does SFA have this year.  24?  It's not fair to rest of MIAA schools trying to build programs with kids from the area/state.  SFA coaches should travel every weekend and play national power teams.  SFA will not only beat the MIAA teams by 40 points. They will physically hurt good players.  It's going to be ugly to watch.

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I didn't know they got the Evans kid from McNamara as well! They literally could have the most talent on one team in state history! Honestly, they should win every MIAA game in a running clock. Think I will come in town just to see the DeMatha/SFA scrimmage. I think DM people will be in for a shocker. 

Shocker? Explain. Scrimmage #1 from a transfered up squad may be tough to watch. Not sure the Richmond QB has seen a defense like DM's coming at him. He'll settle in, but it'll take time. If I was them, I'm handing the ball off to that absurd backfield 90% of the time this scrimmage.

SFA will treat it like a real game. DM will be preparing for the season. Same stuff. Different year. I remember 11 months ago when people were yapping about Pallotti beating DM in a scrimmage and then DM finished undefeated and top 5 in the USA Today.

With that being said, I'm 100% going to this for the circus. The kids on both sides are very familiar with each other, so it'll be high intensity. The first 10 plays on each side will be awesome. DM won't show anything at all. They know that tape is being overnighted to LV. SFA will be more focused on proving themselves and DM "should" worry about not letting their best player catch a season ending injury for the third year in a row. It stung not being able to watch Turner and McFarland play the last two seasons. 

At the end of the day, it'll be very beneficial to both teams. 

Any word on SJC? I looked at their FBS offered kids and they still have about 14 on the current squad. If they add a few OL's they may actually surprise some people, as weird as that is to say....

16 hours ago, RM7 said:

Dam man first you kick off the mass exodus thread now this.  What MSJ ever do to you LOL.

RM7 obviously got his arse kicked by MSJ in pretty much every sport for years.  Not including those soft sports ( i.e. Lacrosse and soccer.). No hate just quoting Jay Z and meek mill.  " u soft like the lacrosse team "

2 hours ago, Bully said:

What's happening at SFA is way beyond helping inner city kids.  The majority of these kids don't need help, they already have college offers.  This is about building a team that can contend for National dominance.  #EGO.  Let's take McDonogh, a school that has more resources and dorms.  McDonogh gets 1-2 transfers a year.  How many does SFA have this year.  24?  It's not fair to rest of MIAA schools trying to build programs with kids from the area/state.  SFA coaches should travel every weekend and play national power teams.  SFA will not only beat the MIAA teams by 40 points. They will physically hurt good players.  It's going to be ugly to watch.

The good players will be able to compete, the problem will be with the smaller marginal players getting destroyed by the 4/5 star talent. I can see some teams just being buried by SFA.

Exactly.  Calvert Hall is decent team with a few D1 caliber kids but when they are surrounded by average players and going up against a whole line of D1 studs it's an injury waiting to happen.  

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Shocker? Explain. Scrimmage #1 from a transfered up squad may be tough to watch. Not sure the Richmond QB has seen a defense like DM's coming at him. He'll settle in, but it'll take time. If I was them, I'm handing the ball off to that absurd backfield 90% of the time this scrimmage.

SFA will treat it like a real game. DM will be preparing for the season. Same stuff. Different year. I remember 11 months ago when people were yapping about Pallotti beating DM in a scrimmage and then DM finished undefeated and top 5 in the USA Today.

With that being said, I'm 100% going to this for the circus. The kids on both sides are very familiar with each other, so it'll be high intensity. The first 10 plays on each side will be awesome. DM won't show anything at all. They know that tape is being overnighted to LV. SFA will be more focused on proving themselves and DM "should" worry about not letting their best player catch a season ending injury for the third year in a row. It stung not being able to watch Turner and McFarland play the last two seasons. 

Any word on SJC? I looked at their FBS offered kids and they still have about 14 on the current squad. If they add a few OL's they may actually surprise some people, as weird as that is to say....

Even with all the kids leaving theyll still be one of the top 4 in wcac

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

I think both teams will be up for this, it will not just be SFA. Way too much talk going on from both sides for this not to be true. DM coaches have talked plenty about being better than SFA, as have SFA's. 

The Richmond kid definitely will not be use to playing that sort of talent, but he won't be playing them with the talent he's use to playing with. SFA doesn't just have an absurd backfield, they don't have a weakness. Where's their weakness? They're loaded at every position. 

Never thought I'd say this but SFA could beat Damtha by 20.  Damatha does have the talent to keep up.

3 minutes ago, Bully said:

Never thought I'd say this but SFA could beat Damtha by 20.  Damatha does have the talent to keep up.

I " could" win the mega millions tonight also. Anything is possible.

If u had to bet ur mega millions winnings on a team who would it be.  I'm taking SFA all day long.  Not even close.  

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Bully said:

If u had to bet ur mega millions winnings on a team who would it be.  I'm taking SFA all day long.  Not even close.  

If money is on the line, I'm waiting to see both teams in person. I'm no Simple Jack. I need to see how the QB's look in particular. 

I wouldn't bet money right now. 

Gun to my head, I'm taking DM. I heard this nonsense last season with SJC and DM beat them twice. Transferred up squads have been known to get shaky in money situations(i.g. '16 SJC). That and DM is stronger than last season. 

Edited by Silverbullet

IMO DM lines are more battle tested at higher levels them SFA. So I would go with DM in a tough game

52 minutes ago, jbmad said:

IMO DM lines are more battle tested at higher levels them SFA. So I would go with DM in a tough game

DM has two great linemen, one on each side of the ball. Fontaine on defensive side, and Gregory on the OL. SFA will be deeper and bigger than DM on both side of the lines. DM lost too much IMO on the DL. Losing those bookend DE's is huge, they were special. 

I side with Silver, in that I have to see both of them first before making a prediction. I think DM should start the season at #1 without a doubt, but there's no question that SFA has more talent. 

7 hours ago, DayWalker said:

This Poggi influence with WVU in the Coleman matter has me confused.  I understand Coleman had several offers including Syracuse and North Carolina offers before WVU.  I also understand Coleman camped at WVU and was offered immediately afterwards and he committed some weeks or a month later.  Didn't he have double digit offers and the jmad say he never played a down for SFA....

He didn't have double digit offers. He had about 4-5 good offers. Poggi made sure his good offers were snag since he decided to leave SFA. Now he is at Ohio University (Bobcats). 

I just have a feeling that sfa o-line will be their weak link against all the national powers. 

19 minutes ago, city40blast said:

I just have a feeling that sfa o-line will be their weak link against all the national powers. 

SFA oline will be fine. Everybody on their Oline is 6-4 or over. I thought they were getting the kid that was committed to Penn State. 

SFA top positions will be LB, RB,and Wr. Kline was weak last year and will be weak this year. Will get dominated by IMG just like last year. Nobody on that oline can handle Vincent or the bigtime DE. 

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

He didn't have double digit offers. He had about 4-5 good offers. Poggi made sure his good offers were snag since he decided to leave SFA. Now he is at Ohio University (Bobcats). 

From what I see on offers for Marcus Coleman:

1. Ohio    2. Coastal Carolina    3. James Madison    4. Kentucky    5. Marshall    6. Old Dominion    7, Syracuse    8.  Virginia    9. Louisville

10. North Carolina State    11. South Florida    12. Virginia Tech    13. William and Mary    and 14.  West Virginia

That's substantial to me DMV and any offer is a GOOD offer for a free education.

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, jbmad said:

SFA top positions will be LB, RB,and Wr. Kline was weak last year and will be weak this year. Will get dominated by IMG just like last year. Nobody on that oline can handle Vincent or the bigtime DE. 

SFA's with the Evans kid there from Mac, is stacked at the DB positions! Randy Fields will be the only kid I think that plays both ways, he's great at DB as well. 

They will be gigantic on the OL, have to see the new kids before I have an opinion on them. We have to remember, IMG should have lost to Bishop Sullivan last year, and would have had Sullivan had a kicker to kick extra points. SFA beat Sullivan and they will be better this year, I don't think IMG will be as good. Not saying they will beat them, I have no clue. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

A 6 and 4 B McNamara beat B Sullivan so Sullivan was no real opposition gauge.