Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob A.

SFA new Qb

507 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

SFA's with the Evans kid there from Mac, is stacked at the DB positions! Randy Fields will be the only kid I think that plays both ways, he's great at DB as well. 

They will be gigantic on the OL, have to see the new kids before I have an opinion on them. We have to remember, IMG should have lost to Bishop Sullivan last year, and would have had Sullivan had a kicker to kick extra points. SFA beat Sullivan and they will be better this year, I don't think IMG will be as good. Not saying they will beat them, I have no clue. 

Yeah but they played each other and IMG destroyed them. SFA was big on the line last year but not good. Only new guy is the kid from Southern Md. Who has not faced top talent as of yet

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

DM has two great linemen, one on each side of the ball. Fontaine on defensive side, and Gregory on the OL. SFA will be deeper and bigger than DM on both side of the lines. DM lost too much IMO on the DL. Losing those bookend DE's is huge, they were special. 

I side with Silver, in that I have to see both of them first before making a prediction. I think DM should start the season at #1 without a doubt, but there's no question that SFA has more talent. 

"DM has two great lineman *that you know about*, one on each side of the ball".

Fixed it for you.....You'll know about the rest after a few games. DM is very confident with what they have coming up through the pipeline and I think they deserve some respect with talent evaluation. 

SJC had more talent than DM last year. It's means a lot, but it doesn't mean everything. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Fixed it for you.....You'll know about the rest after a few games. DM is very confident with what they have coming up through the pipeline and I think they deserve some respect with talent evaluation. 

SJC had more talent than DM last year. It's means a lot, but it doesn't mean everything. 

I am familiar with the other DM kids, they're unproven. SFA brings back their whole line and gets a four star Top 100 player in Duncan on the OL and Shearin from St. John's. Now, I am the first to say, I've never seen the Duncan kid play and have no clue how good he might be. But he's rated very high. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

The Sophomore DL Golden is going to be a monster this year. Saw him and Evan Gregory doing one on ones and Golden was flat out cooking Evan.

14 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Yeah but they played each other and IMG destroyed them. SFA was big on the line last year but not good. Only new guy is the kid from Southern Md. Who has not faced top talent as of yet

The Duncan kid and Shearin. Dalcourt is legit and will be a four star. They will have two four star players on the OL and a bunch of kids 6'5 and taller. Like I said, I don't know if they can beat IMG. My money would always be on IMG. 

8 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Until something is shown on the field against those with a different uniform, one ain't Jack.....

21 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

SFA's with the Evans kid there from Mac, is stacked at the DB positions! Randy Fields will be the only kid I think that plays both ways, he's great at DB as well. 

They will be gigantic on the OL, have to see the new kids before I have an opinion on them. We have to remember, IMG should have lost to Bishop Sullivan last year, and would have had Sullivan had a kicker to kick extra points. SFA beat Sullivan and they will be better this year, I don't think IMG will be as good. Not saying they will beat them, I have no clue. 

SFA definitely has a chance to beat IMG. IMG beats you down because of three things. Size, speed, and depth. They are not a well oiled machine like the great DBP or DLS teams. If SFA can match up athletically, it'll come down to execution. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

The Sophomore DL Golden is going to be a monster this year. Saw him and Evan Gregory doing one on ones and Golden was flat out cooking Evan.

You're right. Golden will be a monster. One of those kids that people will find out about this year. 

T. Davis' little brother is making noise too.

Edited by Silverbullet

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

SFA definitely has a chance to beat IMG. IMG beats you down because of three things. Size, speed, and depth. They are not a well oiled machine like the great DBP or DLS teams. If SFA can match up athletically, it'll come down to execution. 

I definitely think SFA will match up with them size wise and athletically. It will come down to playcalling and kids believing they can beat them. On defense, I think SFA's back 7 will be special and make plays. 

Shearin is better on d-line and if him and the kid from ews is starting on o-line I think the national teams dominate them. 

3 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Shearin is better on d-line and if him and the kid from ews is starting on o-line I think the national teams dominate them. 

Don't see either of them starting on oline

22 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Don't see either of them starting on oline

I know Shearin played some OL at SJC last year, but you're probably right, he won't start on the OL. 

Jalon Jones (SFA QB) Committed to Mississippi State. He is impressed with the school of buisness there.

Logan golfers on got a offer from North Texas, so you can. Ow say they will have a D1 QB on their bench this season

9 hours ago, HSFBLover said:

Logan golfers on got a offer from North Texas, so you can. Ow say they will have a D1 QB on their bench this season

With all the transfers you can probably say they will have a Lot of D1 players on the bench

Why would you transfer your senior year to a school where u will ride the bench. I wonder if he will reclass 

16 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Why would you transfer your senior year to a school where u will ride the bench. I wonder if he will reclass 

Both transfer Qbs are incoming jrs

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, jbmad said:

Both transfer Qbs are incoming jrs

Both come with offers?

Edited by Tomslick

SFA will be very  talented. SFA only problem will be is on how they will rotate all these good players around.  OL is the only position that isn't stacked. 2 good QB's is not that bad, compete for the spot.  

4 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Both come with offers?

Yup, Richmond already committed to Mississippistate  and West Va kid had offer from North Texas I believe along with WV

Wanna see how Damatha RB MArshawn does against that SFA D.  He is best RB in state IMO but getting hit by Lee and others is going to be interesting.  

Is Marshawn starting over Myles Miree..last year he didn't and he might not this year either..I'm sure they will find a way to use him 

26 minutes ago, Blessed1 said:

Is Marshawn starting over Myles Miree..last year he didn't and he might not this year either..I'm sure they will find a way to use him 

Both should be considered starters. It's RB by committee at DM. Brooks rotates his RB's better than anyone. The past combos of Deal/Allen/Harrison and Harrison/McFarland/Spruill were rotated perfectly. If you watched DeMatha's win over American Heritage Plantation a few years ago, you can see that it'll break down even the toughest teams.