Ode2Joy

Body camera footage shows officer planting drugs, public defender says

39 posts in this topic

How stupid is that? I'm guessing he didn't know about the 30 seconds before and after hitting the button deal? I knew that just from reading about the body cams in the press.

1 hour ago, Saticon3 said:

How stupid is that? I'm guessing he didn't know about the 30 seconds before and after hitting the button deal? I knew that just from reading about the body cams in the press.

Thus, you are where you are...and he's where he is. :mellow:

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Thus, you are where you are...and he's where he is. :mellow:

And you both are referring to whom?

32 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And you both are referring to whom?

Uhh, the officer who planted and then "found" the plastic bag.

12 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Uhh, the officer who planted and then "found" the plastic bag.

Thanks for clarifying.....the way the posts were interleaved I thought you were talking about something I said and I was sort of :huh: Its good.

African Americans have been saying this for years.  Just like police brutality..if it wasn't for cams all of this would be water under the bridge and covered up in some LEO's report.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:55 PM, Ode2Joy said:

In this case, it only looks bad because it is bad.  It's very bad.  It casts doubt over a lot of arrests now. This comes on the heels of the gun squad indictments.  Maybe some police officers on here can suggest what can be done to fix problems like this in the PD and comment on how deep and widespread stuff like this might be within the department.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:39 PM, demopublican said:

Defense attornies are diving into records now.  Anyone this guy arrested is walking.  Some criminals are going free because this cop is a liar.  Cops need to speak up and clean their own ranks.  The thin blue line kills.  

On 7/20/2017 at 9:39 AM, Ode2Joy said:

It's just as troubling that the other cops were heard laughing after what sure as hell looks like a staging of this finding because they obviously knew what was going on.  All three should be suspended and prosecuted if this turns out to be what it looks like it is. None of them can ever be trusted again even if this is some kind of staged reenactment.

Cases will wind up getting thrown out and this kind of stuff seriously damages trust in the community they serve even further, and rightfully so.

34 Cases Dismissed After Video Appears To Show Officer Planting Drugs

77 cases are still under review, while 12 other cases are moving forward. The cases dropped were felony drug and free-standing firearms cases. Following the discovery of the 90 second video, one officer was suspended, and two others were placed on desk duty.

LINK

It's said for years (cops planting drugs). If not for the body cam.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

How can the camera record 30 seconds before it's turned on??? 

Pink...

The camera is technically "always on," and recording (except audio), when the on switch is hit, it starts recording from the previous thirty second mark. Great system as it will record not only an event, but what led up to the action.

If they are guilty (and everyone deserves their day in court) then they need to face the highest of penalties since they are making the honest officers look bad!

I have said before (and I still maintain this) that part of a good department is veteran officers who teach the young officers what reality is like. That is gone from the City of course, as older officer are getting out as fast as they can. The new generation of new officers are taught to challenge everything that an older officer does. This gives them the attitude that THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE DEPARTMENT!!!

On 7/31/2017 at 4:18 PM, ODENTON said:

It's said for years (cops planting drugs). If not for the body cam.

I think it's time we faced the fact that this is common.

the public defenders office is doing some amazing work here. we should all be thankful that theyre on the side of the ppl, unlike the police force

So is it really just a few bad apples? Every time we see one of these "bad cop" videos, there always seem to be other cops either helping, giving their tacit approval, or looking the other way.  As far as I am concerned, they are all bad cops too.

I was reading today that ANOTHER group has been released or due to be...like 40...because of this 'stuff'.

Maybe Pugh and Mosby should just cut the crap and let everyone go. Instead of wasting time and money 'reviewing' cases.

Call it a do over and be done with it.

Shhhhesssss