Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

95 degrees and a lab mix

27 posts in this topic

Air conditioning, and a Kong with peanut butter....

Priceless B)

12 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Air conditioning, and a Kong with peanut butter....

Priceless B)

:confused: :huh:

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

I believe she's staying inside today and having dog treats for lunch....at least I hope it's a dog thing.

5 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

A Kong is an indestructible dog toy (I forget not everyone has a dog) that you can put peanut butter (or any treat) inside.  It keeps the dog occupied for a good 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

A Kong is an indestructible dog toy (I forget not everyone has a dog) that you can put peanut butter (or any treat) inside.  It keeps the dog occupied for a good 20 minutes. 

I have a dog, and know what a Kong is. Sorry, your thread title was very ambiguous and your post did little to clear it up. 

Posted (edited)

Jeez. Wadda we gotta do around here? Spell it out for ya? :D

SUBJECT: Outdoor temperature: Thirty-five degrees Celsius and a Labrador retriever mixed-breed canine

POST: Indoor air conditioning and an indestructible pet toy (Kong) with peanut butter and subject canine.

Priceless

Edited by Scaggsville

Posted (edited)

Scaggs :D :D

Note: keep your pets inside in this heat, and don't let them over drink  water...their stomachs can fill up too much and "flip" which can be fatal. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

Jeez. Wadda we gotta do around here? Spell it out for ya? :D

SUBJECT: Outdoor temperature: Thirty-five degrees Celsius and a Labrador retriever mixed-breed canine

POST: Indoor air conditioning and an indestructible pet toy (Kong) with peanut butter and subject canine.

Priceless

Er, basically yes, if if you're going to speak in code.

I gathered the temperature but "lab mix" ... say 'mongrel' or do as you dId and clarify it.

Air conditioning (domestically quite rare here) got that , Kong,  got that but fail to see what is priceless about it.

Seriously, just another 'failure to communicate' with 'Americanese'. :lol:

Edited by WKDWZD

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Er, basically yes, if if you're going to speak in code.

I gathered the temperature but "lab mix" ... say 'mongrel' or do as you dId and clarify it.

Air conditioning (domestically quite rare here) got that , Kong,  got that but fail to see what is priceless about it.

Seriously, just another 'failure to communicate' with 'Americanese'. :lol:

Lucy is NOT a mongrel. :mad: She is a (highly offended) Australian shepherd/lab mix. Right now she's looking at me, shaking her head like "why do you even try to talk to those people??" 

I don't know, Lucy....I don't know. smh :rolleyes:

Edited by PinkFlamingo

13 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Lucy is NOT a mongrel. :mad: She is a (highly offended) Australian shepherd/lab mix. Right now she's looking at me, shaking her head like "why do you even try to talk to those people??" 

I'm sure that Lucy is a beautiful dog. 'Australian Shepherd' is not a breed that I am familiar with, they are presumably quite rare over here. My use of the word 'mongrel' was not meant in a derogatory sense but when I hear 'mix' with only one breed mentioned, it is the descriptor that comes to mind, give Lucy my apologies.

Tip! Fill your Kong with tuna and bung it in the freezer overnight, you'll get more than 20 minutes of peace and quiet, it keeps my Beagle (Max) going for a least half an hour.;):) 

4 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

I'm sure that Lucy is a beautiful dog. 'Australian Shepherd' is not a breed that I am familiar with, they are presumably quite rare over here. My use of the word 'mongrel' was not meant in a derogatory sense but when I hear 'mix' with only one breed mentioned, it is the descriptor that comes to mind, give Lucy my apologies.

Tip! Fill your Kong with tuna and bung it in the freezer overnight, you'll get more than 20 minutes of peace and quiet, it keeps my Beagle (Max) going for a least half an hour.;):) 

I never thought about freezing it. I'll give it a try! 

Oh...L forgives you :)

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

it keeps my Beagle (Max) 

You've got a beagle? Aw man, I'm jealous. I am currently between beagles. Grew up with beagles. Awesome dogs. I just love em to bits...

10 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

You've got a beagle? Aw man, I'm jealous. I am currently between beagles. Grew up with beagles. Awesome dogs. I just love em to bits...

Yes, he's 8 1/2 years old now and not quite as quick as he was. He still keeps up with all the other beagles when we go on a beagle walk/meet though, we've had over 30 of them on our walks, most of them off-lead, it's great to watch them all instinctively go as a pack. :)

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, WKDWZD said:

I thought it was a typo and that she was bragging about air conditioning, and a bong with peanut butter.

My Rottweiler/Mastiff mix actually destroyed an indestructible toy.  My English Bulldog wants no part of the Kong no matter what is put in it.

On 7/20/2017 at 6:20 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

That's funny. My wife always looked at me when I talked to the dogs.

4 hours ago, stevez51 said:

That's funny. My wife always looked at me when I talked to the dogs.

Well, when she talks to me it would be rude not to respond! :)

20 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Well, when she talks to me it would be rude not to respond! :)

I tried telling my wife that .......

10 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I tried telling my wife that .......

:D

I'm a happy Lab mix/mongrel/mutt, but I'm not going to last much longer.  At almost 16 years, I've outlived most of my "pure breed" friends.

Plus, I can use a computer which is damn rare for any dog.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:08 AM, pepper said:

I'm a happy Lab mix/mongrel/mutt, but I'm not going to last much longer.  At almost 16 years, I've outlived most of my "pure breed" friends.

My lab is 13.5 and I have to put her down next week, because her hips just don't want to work anymore for her. My heart will be shattered when I say goodbye.

3 hours ago, naive said:

My lab is 13.5 and I have to put her down next week, because her hips just don't want to work anymore for her. My heart will be shattered when I say goodbye.

That's a heartbreaking decision to have to make and an even harder one to have to go through with..

I dread the day that have to make that decision, my beagle is approaching nine years of age, I hope that he has a good few years to go yet.

I understand your pain and hope that your heart mends as soon as possible after next week.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:08 AM, pepper said:

Is it a desktop or laptop? :D

55 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Is it a desktop or laptop? :D

Laptops are for cats. 

14 minutes ago, pepper said:

Laptops are for cats. 

:D 

Do you remember the poster SeevyCat? He said his cat walked across his keyboard and typed C & V, so he made that his user name.