Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

95 degrees and a lab mix

27 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, naive said:

My lab is 13.5 and I have to put her down next week, because her hips just don't want to work anymore for her. My heart will be shattered when I say goodbye.

I'm not looking forward to that either, but try to keep in mind that the very last thing your dog would want is for you to be upset. Labs live to please, and you are that dogs favorite person.

We've sort of decided that this is it for us, as far as dogs. Having never not had a dog, not sure that will hold,but we travel a lot now, and it's not fair to the dog. One major regret is having never taken our dog to the beach. 

14 hours ago, pepper said:

I'm not looking forward to that either, but try to keep in mind that the very last thing your dog would want is for you to be upset. Labs live to please, and you are that dogs favorite person.

We've sort of decided that this is it for us, as far as dogs. Having never not had a dog, not sure that will hold,but we travel a lot now, and it's not fair to the dog. One major regret is having never taken our dog to the beach. 

As a dog lover, I've always done my best my best to abide by the following:

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.

You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours,

faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him

to be worthy of such devotion.

I know in my heart it's the right time to let my girl go. I know in my heart, I'm doing whats best for her.  We wish they could stay with us forever.