PeterRabbit

Ocean City PD Prepares for Unsanctioned "College Beach Week" Event

101 posts in this topic

The following people were arrested:

-Monae D. Harrington, 20, of Waldorf, charged with first degree assault, second degree assault, handgun in a vehicle, and use of a handgun during the commission of a felony.

-Novio V. Smallwood, 16, of Capital Heights, charged as an adult with first degree assault, second degree assault, handgun in a vehicle, and use of a handgun during the commission of a felony.

-Jayvonta D. Thomas, 22, of Hyattsville, charged with first degree assault, second degree assault, handgun in a vehicle, and use of a handgun during the commission of a felony.

-Tijay M. Thomas, 19, of Hyattsville, charged with first degree assault, second degree assault, handgun in a vehicle, and use of a handgun during the commission of a felony.

-Joquan A. Vinson, 16, of Capitol Heights, charged as an adult with first degree assault, second degree assault, possession of a handgun, possession of a handgun as a minor, use of a handgun during the commission of a felony, and knowingly altering a firearm identification number.

-Quincy D. Whitman, 22, of Suitland, charged with robbery, first degree assault, theft of less than $1,000, second degree assault, possession of a handgun, use of a handgun during the commission of a felony, and knowingly altering a firearm identification number.

Sounds like any other week 

44 minutes ago, demopublican said:

A bit of a stretch. But if you add the OD's, home break ins, bar fights sexual assaults etc.. not too far off.

Maybe not as bad as fireman week

6 hours ago, alienrace said:

You have nothing.  I can't believe I'm even going to respond to such drivel, but ok...

Senior week is all-inclusive of graduates of all races, creeds. 

Fireman, politicians, ditto, and neither of those is even remotely a "takeover", nor billed as such. 

Why is it confrontational?  Because it was designed to be.  Anti-establishment behavior, vandalizing, trying to intimidate other beachgoers, etc.  Thankfully, that wasn't the case this year, but it *was* in past years, and you *know* this. 

I've already explained in a prior post the racist nature of the gathering, and you conveniently chose to ignore that. 

Are biker weeks confontational?  

It's confrontational because white people don't like being a minority. Or even close

1 hour ago, demopublican said:

It's confrontational because white people don't like being a minority. Or even close

So do you live in a minority neighborhood in Del Ray?

3 hours ago, demopublican said:

Not at all. 

And, white people will never be the minority in OC

2 hours ago, demopublican said:

Many times, they are.

2 hours ago, jonsensback said:

So do you live in a minority neighborhood in Del Ray?

I would say white people are under 50% in my zip.  Not my block.  But I have lived in San Juan, Kingston Ja, & New Orleans all on blocks that I was by far the minority. 

1 hour ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

It's a family resort.....they were family.

What's the beef?B)

I think the beef was the problem. B)

I guess they just forgot they were in MD, not Cabo. 

15 hours ago, demopublican said:

I can't recall any issues in our area. Now....maybe biker weeks in the mid-west...maybe. And those tended to be between feuding gangs....not the average individual rider. IMO.

Posted (edited)

On 7/26/2017 at 7:07 PM, demopublican said:

It was white people being confrontational at these events?

Edited by Smokey 1

Posted (edited)

Back when only clean cut high school and college kids rioted :rolleyes:

Labor Day Riots In Ocean City Recalled 50 Years Later

OCEAN CITY – Fifty years ago this week, Ocean City experienced one of the darkest chapters in its history when thousands rioted on Labor Day weekend in protest of the arrest of a U.S. Marine at a Boardwalk amusement center at the height of a summer-long police crackdown on teen drinking and “rowdyism” in the resort.

On Sept. 4, 1960, an estimated 2,500 rioting teens stormed City Hall and the police station on Dorchester Street and battled with police and firefighters in an ugly scene that lasted for over four hours after an off-duty Marine, 18-year-old Larry Baker, of Baltimore, who was vacationing in Ocean City on the holiday weekend, was arrested at a Boardwalk amusement center.

Baker, on leave from Camp Lejuene, had been asked to leave the amusement center after being told repeatedly to stop turning up the jukebox, and when he protested, the proprietor called the police to have him removed.

All the kids hung out at 9th street back then, it was so popular that the crowds blocked the boardwalk. Which led to the above for a couple years and the end of huge crowds of kids gathering there.
It was fun until it got out of hand, we stayed on 14th and I was down there most every night. I missed that night tho, family went to visit friends in Berlin and got back too late to go out that night. Lucky for me.

Edited by Baltimatt
Too long a quote

9 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

I missed the part where anyone was shot, stabbed or beaten to a coma. Must have got lost in the archives.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

I'd never heard about this. I like the part about 50,000 during peak season - now it's 6-7 times that. 

I remember 9th St was still the place to hang during the early 70s though. B)

2 hours ago, jonsensback said:

That's a shame but not surprising.

My bet would be a OD.

Yeah, me too.

Posted (edited)

News report said the body was buried in the sand with only her arm and hand exposed.

OD'd and buried?

OCEAN CITY — Ocean City Police Department (OCPD) detectives are on the scene at 2nd Street this morning conducting a death investigation after a body was discovered on the beach.
The Ocean City Public Works Department’s beach cleaning crews were wrapping up their overnight duties between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. Monday when they discovered a deceased individual on the beach at 2nd Street. According to a reliable source, the deceased individual, which appears to be a young female, was buried in the sand with just a forearm and hand exposed.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/07/31/investigation-underway-after-body-found-on-beach/ 

Edited by Daan
link

5 minutes ago, Daan said:

News report said the body was buried in the sand with only her arm and hand exposed.

OD'd and buried?

Read that also. Another update she was from Texas and found a wristband from a local club on her wrist.

I will repeat it again, what the hell I has happened to that town?

I know at least one poster will show up and claim that's not a big deal and perfectly normal for a town with that many people in season. My answer to that is what kind of people are flocking there and what's the draw and how do they eliminate it?

What does it take to make some realize that part of OC from the inlet to 12th is not the family destination it was or even close.

Something has to change and if it means taking a close look at what is drawing the scum and clean that area the hell up.