Heisenberg

Stupid Trump tweet thread

190 posts in this topic

Let's just try and confine all of Trump's stupid tweets to one thread. I'll start.

Apparently the Republicans' job is to protect the President. What an idiot! They're protecting him enough by not impeaching him at this point.

Basically right.  If there were enough patriots in DC his butt would be impeached.  GOP/Russia before USA.  That is the Republican motto.  

3 hours ago, demopublican said:

Basically right.  If there were enough patriots in DC his butt would be impeached.  GOP/Russia before USA.  That is the Republican motto.  

My sense is that rank-and-file Republicans in the Senate, despite their tepid support or 'no comments', are growing very weary of this.

there is a lot of quiet grumbling and, behind the scenes, the don jr revelations were a big big deal.

furthermore, there is a lot of frustration with the way mcconnell has handled health care. We're not at a tipping point yet and we may never get there but these are not happy campers

11 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Let's just try and confine all of Trump's stupid tweets to one thread. I'll start.

Apparently the Republicans' job is to protect the President. What an idiot! They're protecting him enough by not impeaching him at this point.

One of his less stupids tweets.  The party of the sitting President is supposed to be on his side.  Not that I disagree with those who don't agree with him, but that is the expectation. Perhaps he has only himself to blame for that.

If I recall, two of his most recent appointments were both lobbyists....

11 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

What do you think Donny believes he needs protection from?

22 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

One of his less stupids tweets.  The party of the sitting President is supposed to be on his side.  Not that I disagree with those who don't agree with him, but that is the expectation. Perhaps he has only himself to blame for that.

They've been on his side as much as politically possible. 

I can't fault Republicans for not wanting to help Trump obstruct justice 

12 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

This is exactly what a precious little snowflake tweets.

Like a sniveling todler.

14 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

You are going to break this forum's software. His stupid tweets cannot be contained in one thread even if they use the long int as the index. 

3 hours ago, soulflower said:

They've been on his side as much as politically possible. 

I can't fault Republicans for not wanting to help Trump obstruct justice 

Yeah except that it's not just that.

3 hours ago, Sprightly said:

That may be true to a point. But if the president is committing crimes and/or conspiring with a foreign government then it is the GOP members' patriotic duty to stop him.

2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

That may be true to a point. But if the president is committing crimes and/or conspiring with a foreign government then it is the GOP members' patriotic duty to stop him.

It's their legal duty.

Not once have I said or suggested that they should support him in committing crimes/conspiring, etc.

You guys are masters at twisting comments.

3 hours ago, FatBoy said:

What do you think Donny believes he needs protection from?

Himself. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

It's their legal duty.

Not once have I said or suggested that they should support him in committing crimes/conspiring, etc.

I wasn't twisting anything. Sometimes you read into things that just aren't there. And I am thinking this current GOP membership has done little to show that they are patriots first - party second.

Edited by ncbirdfan

32 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

It's their legal duty.

Would you please explain what legal duty the Congress has to "protect" the President and what they are required to "protect" him from? I can't find a reference to this on the internets. 

14 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Would you please explain what legal duty the Congress has to "protect" the President and what they are required to "protect" him from? I can't find a reference to this on the internets. 

Maybe I misinterpreted what she posted. I thought she meant it was their legal duty to stop him if he is committing crimes or consorting with a foreign country.

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Maybe I misinterpreted what she posted. I thought she meant it was their legal duty to stop him if he is committing crimes or consorting with a foreign country.

Oh. Maybe that is what she meant. Hopefully she'll let us know. 

Trash from the past:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Why does Obama believe he shouldn't comply with record releases that his predecessors did of their own volition? Hiding something?

9 hours ago, Sprightly said:

He's a dictator-wannabe. He is demanding personal loyalty. 

Edited by hst2

So this morning he drags his young son into it....

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

So this morning he drags his young son into it....

Wow. When you think he can go no lower...

On 7/23/2017 at 9:30 PM, Heisenberg said:

So odd that he think it's the job of GOP to "protect" him. The sense of entitlement is rich.

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

Wow. He truly is nuttier than a squirrel turd.