Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Flacco hurts back lifting.

14 posts in this topic

It doesn't sound like a big deal but injuries to your back can be so tricky. Doctors did say he would only miss a week.

Christ, I woke up to see Ian Rappaport's Fake News about him missing 3-6 weeks and nearly lost my coffee. 

Glad the MRI was negative.  Back injuries can be tricky, sounds like he just tweaked it slightly, nothing a little rest won't cure.

He has too many kids to pick up ......

( hope no one gets upset at my humor. there are some on here who do )

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

He has too many kids to pick up ......

( hope no one gets upset at my humor. there are some on here who do )

When you post something humorous, I won't be upset with it. ;)

I know its early and every team will deal with their share of injuries but this franchise seems to be operating with a black cloud hovering over it. Zach Orr, Pitta, Tavon Young, Kenneth Dixon, now Flacco and the icing on the cake....John Urshel retires??? All this before the 1st practice. NOT GOOD.   

On the NFL Network they are saying 3-6 weeks. 

Better bring Kap in. Backs are a tricky thing, ask Joe Montana!

4 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

On the NFL Network they are saying 3-6 weeks. 

Better bring Kap in. Backs are a tricky thing, ask Joe Montana!

I agree that backs can be tricky and even if the rest takes care of things he could be one hit away from being out for an extended period of time, but that's why they have Mallet.  I'm not a huge fan of Mallet, but compared to Kapernick, Mallet looks like Johnny U.  Kapernick is simply a terrible passer.  He can hurt you with his mobility, but that is all and the rest of the NFL has figured that out.  Kap is a sure fire road to a 4-12 season.  He just is not an NFL QB.  Might as well look up Johnny Manziel.  At least he has the ability to throw a football, if he can stand up straight on gameday.  

Posted (edited)

On 7/28/2017 at 11:56 PM, cprenegade said:

I agree that backs can be tricky and even if the rest takes care of things he could be one hit away from being out for an extended period of time, but that's why they have Mallet.  I'm not a huge fan of Mallet, but compared to Kapernick, Mallet looks like Johnny U.  Kapernick is simply a terrible passer.  He can hurt you with his mobility, but that is all and the rest of the NFL has figured that out.  Kap is a sure fire road to a 4-12 season.  He just is not an NFL QB.  Might as well look up Johnny Manziel.  At least he has the ability to throw a football, if he can stand up straight on gameday.  

LOL.

Mallett is god awful, as demonstrated by the game last night.

Kaepernick's completion percentage is less than 2% lower than Flacco's. Not to mention the running threat that CK has.

He put up 18 TD and 4 INT on a terrible team last year.

Kaepernick could lead this team to the playoffs if Flacco misses the season. Mallett would lead us to a 4 win season.

Edited by Pickle20

Kap was one completed pass away from beating the Ravens in the SB. That is an NFL QB. 

I disagree completely. I've seen Kaepernick play in live games twice and he had a pretty good arm then (of course it was 3-4 years ago). I've never seen as much from Mallet - his throws IMO were only erratic ones mostly. And Johnny Manziel? Please.

Is there any possibility that Keenan Reynolds can play QB? I wouldn't want to mess up the track he's on, especially as PR possibility, but he has played the position, though in an utterly different system. Just wondering.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:14 AM, Pickle20 said:

LOL.

Mallett is god awful, as demonstrated by the game last night.

Kaepernick's completion percentage is less than 2% lower than Flacco's. Not to mention the running threat that CK has.

He put up 18 TD and 4 INT on a terrible team last year.

Kaepernick could lead this team to the playoffs if Flacco misses the season. Mallett would lead us to a 4 win season.

On 8/11/2017 at 9:35 PM, johnpolitics said:

Kap was one completed pass away from beating the Ravens in the SB. That is an NFL QB. 

11 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I disagree completely. I've seen Kaepernick play in live games twice and he had a pretty good arm then (of course it was 3-4 years ago). I've never seen as much from Mallet - his throws IMO were only erratic ones mostly. And Johnny Manziel? Please.

The Manziel comment was a joke, obviously.   I agree with everyone's assessment of Mallet.  I have been critical of him since the Raven's signed him.  I said back then I thought it was a waste of money and a mistake.  That he was a head case and despite one good showing against Pittsburgh, if anything happened to Flacco he wasn't leading the Ravens anywhere.  If you can't keep a job in QB starved Houston, you can't be much good.  He isn't.  Total waste of money, imo.  I would rather keep a rookie and pay a rookie salary than pay him $1 mil, especially when the team is somewhat cap strapped.  

But I will disagree with everyone on Kapaernick.  I just don't think he is very good either.  He led SF to the playoffs two seasons, but that was under a system that JIm Harbaugh worked up for him once he decided to replace Alex Smith.  Once teams took away his mobility, he started losing his effectiveness.   He has a strong arm, but he has a windup you can time with a calendar.  Think Byron Leftwhich.  Leftwhich had some success with Jacksonville, but as a backup in Pittsburgh, when Roethlisberger missed time, he totally sucked.  Kap would mirror him, imo.  On top of that you add the controversy he brings to the equation and why would you want to do it?  The Ravens have one of the best team/fan base relations in the league.  The backlash would threaten that.  I don't buy that people would start turning in their tickets, I think that's an empty threat.  But I do believe that some would make good on their promise to boo loudly anytime he was on the field.  I think signing Kapaernick would fragement the Raven's fan base to a degree.  Even if it was only 20% of the stadium, can you imagine the scene if Kapaernick was running the offense to a chorus of boos at home?  I just don't think it's worth the risk.  Now obviously if he started racking up the wins much of that would go away.  But I have a hard time thinking he would do that, especially on a team with a suspect O-line, and an average running game.  He isn't leading the Ravens to the playoffs and the controversy would just be a major distraction for the team.  Just hope that Flacco's injury isn't any worse than the team is letting on.  

13 hours ago, cprenegade said:

The Manziel comment was a joke, obviously.   I agree with everyone's assessment of Mallet.  I have been critical of him since the Raven's signed him.  I said back then I thought it was a waste of money and a mistake.  That he was a head case and despite one good showing against Pittsburgh, if anything happened to Flacco he wasn't leading the Ravens anywhere.  If you can't keep a job in QB starved Houston, you can't be much good.  He isn't.  Total waste of money, imo.  I would rather keep a rookie and pay a rookie salary than pay him $1 mil, especially when the team is somewhat cap strapped.  

But I will disagree with everyone on Kapaernick.  I just don't think he is very good either.  He led SF to the playoffs two seasons, but that was under a system that JIm Harbaugh worked up for him once he decided to replace Alex Smith.  Once teams took away his mobility, he started losing his effectiveness.   He has a strong arm, but he has a windup you can time with a calendar.  Think Byron Leftwhich.  Leftwhich had some success with Jacksonville, but as a backup in Pittsburgh, when Roethlisberger missed time, he totally sucked.  Kap would mirror him, imo.  On top of that you add the controversy he brings to the equation and why would you want to do it?  The Ravens have one of the best team/fan base relations in the league.  The backlash would threaten that.  I don't buy that people would start turning in their tickets, I think that's an empty threat.  But I do believe that some would make good on their promise to boo loudly anytime he was on the field.  I think signing Kapaernick would fragement the Raven's fan base to a degree.  Even if it was only 20% of the stadium, can you imagine the scene if Kapaernick was running the offense to a chorus of boos at home?  I just don't think it's worth the risk.  Now obviously if he started racking up the wins much of that would go away.  But I have a hard time thinking he would do that, especially on a team with a suspect O-line, and an average running game.  He isn't leading the Ravens to the playoffs and the controversy would just be a major distraction for the team.  Just hope that Flacco's injury isn't any worse than the team is letting on.  

Considering how bad Mallet is and Ozzie still hasn't attempted to sign Kapaernick, that tells me he isn't coming to Baltimore.  Bisciotti wants to win but at the same time, I doubt he wants the headache of dealing with any fan base fallout.  Personally, I'd rather have Kapaernick than Mallet. Both are inaccurate but at least one can run and create plays.