Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Baltimore is coolest city on east coast

44 posts in this topic

Yes he does paint a very nice picture.

However he never mentioned his visit to Sandtown. ;):lol:

Baltimore is #1 with a bullet!  In fact, lots of bullets. 

There's nothing cool about 200 murders already so early in the year with many more sure to come and possibly having the highest per capita homicide rate in the country.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Baltimore is #1 with a bullet!  In fact, lots of bullets. 

There's nothing cool about 200 murders already so early in the year with many more sure to come and possibly having the highest per capita homicide rate in the country.

Agreed.

Posted (edited)

Who would want to live among this!? Half if not more of the city looks like a third world country. What's unexplainable is that there are people who live contently in that decay. 

Part 2

Edited by AugusteDupin

3 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Who would want to live among this!? Half if not more of the city looks like a third world country. What's unexplainable is that there are people who live contently in that decay. 

Part 2

Baltimore doesn't look anything like a 3rd world Country. Go to Mississippi for that. Or actually take yourself to a 3rd world Country. Silly Americans. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Writer has some expensive tastes .......

Of course,  Maryland,  although a Southern State  is one of the richest States in the US. Unlike the rest of the Southern States which are full of uneducated poors with no jobs.

I bet you won't move.

Look at it this way. Sure we have stupid crime but there wouldn't be a free US or a Country  if not for the crazies that wouldn't surrender or couldn't  be beaten. 

Edited by LadyHollman

Just now, LadyHollman said:

Of course,  Maryland,  although a Southern State  is one of the rochest States in the US. Unlike the rest of the Southern States which are full of uneducated poors with no jobs.

I bet you won't move.

I am retired in Pa. Don't need to move.

6 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I am retired in Pa. Don't need to move.

Then your comments although allowed are irrelevant. 

My comment was about staying in a new place for almost $400. a night. Some of the other places listed are also not cheap. You want people to travel to your city but not go broke doing it.

4 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

My comment was about staying in a new place for almost $400. a night. Some of the other places listed are also not cheap. You want people to travel to your city but not go broke doing it.

The City isn't cheap. I  don't have anything to do with that. 

13 minutes ago, LadyHollman said:

Of course,  Maryland,  although a Southern State  is one of the richest States in the US. Unlike the rest of the Southern States which are full of uneducated poors with no jobs.

I bet you won't move.

Look at it this way. Sure we have stupid crime but there wouldn't be a free US or a Country  if not for the crazies that wouldn't surrender or couldn't  be beaten. 

What does the sentences added have to do with the writer having expensive taste ..???

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

What does the sentences added have to do with the writer having expensive taste ..???

I didn't write the article, ask the writer. Or better yet, the person who made the comment.

Edited by LadyHollman

I didn't write the article, ask the writer.

Ok, I thought maybe you were responding to another poster and not me.

54 minutes ago, LadyHollman said:

Then your comments about Mississippi are irrelevant because you don't live there.

20 hours ago, LadyHollman said:

Baltimore doesn't look anything like a 3rd world Country. Go to Mississippi for that. Or actually take yourself to a 3rd world Country. Silly Americans. 

Lady Hollman, I've been to third world countries and parts of Baltimore do look like a third world country. You can look the other way like most Baltimoreans but when entire blocks are completely abandoned and decayed, you can't say otherwise. Have you been to third world countries to compare? You may live in a nice part of Baltimore and rarely don't see the decadence but I can assure you... I've been to the poorest places in Central and South America and have seen identical conditions. What's sad is that the city does nothing to take back those rotting communities. They'd rather let those communities suffer and live the way they do. What's silly are people who deny what's in front of their very eyes. 

19 hours ago, VOSA said:

Then your comments about Mississippi are irrelevant because you don't live there.

Thank you, my exact sentiment. Yes, there are other places in the US that are like Baltimore that look like third world countries, however, the topic of discussion is centered on Baltimore. 

Baltimore, and to be fair, almost any large American city is vastly more "dangerous" than most any third world country. In third world countries you can have poverty without the massive dysfunction and crime that plagues poor places in the US.

Some people like to travel and see different places. Baltimore is a pretty interesting place to visit and the writer's advice is sound (except the quote on the impossible travel times to DC and Philly), I would give similar advice to visitors.

Sure, the tastes are a bit upscale. Woodberry Kitchen is going to beyond the reach and the taste palette of the Cracker Barrel crowd, who would be happier going to a campground or christian theme park or whatever.

7 hours ago, dogstarman said:

Baltimore, and to be fair, almost any large American city is vastly more "dangerous" than most any third world country. In third world countries you can have poverty without the massive dysfunction and crime that plagues poor places in the US.

Some people like to travel and see different places. Baltimore is a pretty interesting place to visit and the writer's advice is sound (except the quote on the impossible travel times to DC and Philly), I would give similar advice to visitors.

Sure, the tastes are a bit upscale. Woodberry Kitchen is going to beyond the reach and the taste palette of the Cracker Barrel crowd, who would be happier going to a campground or christian theme park or whatever.

Dogstarman, have you ever seen what goes on and in the area encompassing the Horn of Africa? Or what about the third world countries in South America? 

"Baltimore’s rate (29.7) is not too far off that of Guatemala (34.8)."

That's pretty sad that what's considered a major urban city is compared to the likeness of Guatemala. Keep in mind, that I'm not saying ALL of Baltimore looks like a third world country, just parts of it. Parts that take up half if not more of the city. As a person that's not from Baltimore and have been shown Baltimore in all "it's glory", I have had to turn away family / friends from moving into the city (when I lived there). They themselves have seen how bad the city has become and have witnessed the numerous times that I was a victim of Baltimore's inhabitants. There are parts of the city that I absolutely love and feel relatively safe in but at the end of the day I would prefer the peace and tranquility of "country" life. 

On 7/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, stevez51 said:

No one who can't afford to stay in a $400 a night hotel is going to stay there. No one is being forced to stay there. Every city has luxury hotels for those who can afford it. Baltimore should be no different.

I swear sometimes it feels like some of the people on this forum are stuck in the 1950's when it comes to certain things and issues. 

On 7/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, dogstarman said:

Look down on people much?  Nothing wrong with comfort food like Cracker Barrel.

32 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Look down on people much?  Nothing wrong with comfort food like Cracker Barrel.

You sure get more for your buck than you would the Woodberry kitchen.

3 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

You sure get more for your buck than you would the Woodberry kitchen.

Apples and oranges.