Saticon3

Would Kapernick be with the Ravens?

147 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Did that article state Harbaugh was considering bringing in Kaepernick? 

I hope they don't bring him in. 

Edit: I see he is on of their options. I don't like the guy

Edited by RavingManiac

Does this reaching out to Kap  have anything to do with Flacco injuring his back?

YES YES YES! Let him here as soon as possible! In my opinion, he will be an asset to the team,... good skills, good character, mature, and his moral compass is still operational. Definitely a good move,... one we should have yesterday. And the day before that.

2 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

Does this reaching out to Kap  have anything to do with Flacco injuring his back?

The injury is supposed to minor. I hope the FO isn't hiding anything. As for Kap, just say no. The last thing this team needs is a distraction.  

52 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

The injury is supposed to minor. I hope the FO isn't hiding anything. As for Kap, just say no. The last thing this team needs is a distraction.  

I almost wonder if they did it as a favor to Jim Harbaugh-he may have called and asked them to give him a look.

Posted (edited)

I understand the animosity toward Kap- but, seriously guys, just suppose the unthinkable happens and Joe goes out for an extended period of time, would you rather have Kap or Ryan Mallet as our QB? Or, maybe not even an extended time, but perhaps at a critical time in a critical game? Dustin Vaughn?  I think Kap's basically an OK guy, just a little confused at times. And, imo, the 49'ers should never had let it go beyond the first time, they should have done a Jerry Jones and said "not while you're on my dime, kid!"

They let Michael Vick back in the NFL, personally, I think what Vick did was worse.

Edited by Saticon3

Posted (edited)

Uhhhhh, the Flacco injury seems to be sounding a bit more serious than first indicated, no? Does this change anybody's mind? I don't recall hearing as a "disc issue" at first?  

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/26/16048096/joe-flacco-back-injury-ravens-training-camp

"

The severity of the injury is not clear. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the injury could take three to six weeks to heal, while ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the team does not think it is serious and that he could miss just one week. Schefter added that Flacco injured his back lifting.

On Thursday, the team clarified it does not expect its starting quarterback to miss any time in the regular season as a result:"

Edited by Saticon3

I would be totally disgusted to see Kaepernick signed here. Not only do I think he was a flash in the pan and his so called skills showed no longevity but his antics and whining do not fit with Ravens football. Pass on this jerk.

If the Ravens for a backup QB distraction on the sidelines ................

Pass!

A few thoughts on Kapernick.  Unless the Ravens know something about Flacco that they aren't telling, the only reason they would bring Kap in is to have another QB in camp to take snaps.  At the beginning of camp there are a lot of guys trying to make the team and you need several QB's to take snaps to judge lineman.  I heard that a front office person was taking some snaps today with Flacco sidelined.  That's not good.  Every team brings in some bodies at QB just to run the offense in a professional manner.  You can't judge a center's snapping ability, if he's snapping to an accountant who is dropping the ball.  Not to mention the other skill position guys trying to make the team.  It might be true that Kapernick is being somewhat blackballed because of his controversial stance on the National anthem, but a bigger part of it is that he just is not a good passer.  His windup is too slow and defenses have figured out that if you contain his running he is not very effective.  The only way he has a chance to make the team would be if Flacco needs surgery and is out for the year.  And at that point the Ravens will be battling Cleveland for last place in the North.  And why would Harbaugh even bring it up?  Most likely as a trial balloon to judge the reaction if they did want to bring him in.  It's probably just John talking to his brother and hoping that bringing in Kap for a few weeks as an extra arm might possibly stimulate some interest from some other team.  I don't see Kapernick being a Raven moving forward.  

Keep him out. Ravens will stink with or without kap. I think the Ravens will stink if flacco plays the whole season. In my opinion the Ravens will need to start rebuilding and find or draft a young qb to build around. I see flacco days are numbered. 

26 minutes ago, WhatintheHell said:

Keep him out. Ravens will stink with or without kap. I think the Ravens will stink if flacco plays the whole season. In my opinion the Ravens will need to start rebuilding and find or draft a young qb to build around. I see flacco days are numbered. 

I think you're insane 

15 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I think you're insane 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post REALLY had me laughing out loud!!)

As has already been alluded to, if the Ravens are considering Kaepernick, then they also have to decide if the distractions are worth the production he could bring. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with his stances is irrelevant; he is going to be the story of the Ravens training camp, at least initially, which is a distraction with which the Ravens have to determine they could do with or without.

Should there be reports of the Ravens actually in contract negotiations with Kaepernick, then that's a sure-fire sign that Flacco's back problems are worse than initially reported. The other consideration is money. Kaepernick isn't going to command anywhere near the $12 million he walked away from in San Francisco, but it's an issue for the Ravens since they are currently very tight against the salary cap.

3 hours ago, Woodbuchr said:

I would be totally disgusted to see Kaepernick signed here. Not only do I think he was a flash in the pan and his so called skills showed no longevity but his antics and whining do not fit with Ravens football. Pass on this jerk.

What antics or whining are you speaking of? I never saw him any antics, whine or pull a temper tantrums. I just saw a QB capable of bringing something to the Ravens that we haven't seen in a long long time,... a mobile QB capable of hurting an opponent with both his arms and legs, along with the ability to not under throw his receivers who put separation between them and the corners.

https://media.giphy.com/media/B5s94YAsz9IRi/giphy.gif

I don't care about the whole national anthem thing, but I don't think he's very good.  The NFL adjusted to him and RG3 real quick.  And the Ravens' offense isn't designed for a running QB. 

14 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

Uhhhhh, the Flacco injury seems to be sounding a bit more serious than first indicated, no? Does this change anybody's mind? I don't recall hearing as a "disc issue" at first?  

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/26/16048096/joe-flacco-back-injury-ravens-training-camp

"

The severity of the injury is not clear. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the injury could take three to six weeks to heal, while ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the team does not think it is serious and that he could miss just one week. Schefter added that Flacco injured his back lifting.

On Thursday, the team clarified it does not expect its starting quarterback to miss any time in the regular season as a result:"

This is poor journalism.  It started with so-called "insider" Ian Rappaport saying Flacco would miss 4-6 weeks with a disc injury. 

Flacco had an MRI, and the team doctor said there was no damage, and that he'd be fine with a week of rest.

2 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

I don't care about the whole national anthem thing, but I don't think he's very good.  The NFL adjusted to him and RG3 real quick.  And the Ravens' offense isn't designed for a running QB. 

This is what I came here to post. I'll just add one more comment, something that I heard on the radio. Joe is a pocket passer. CK is a read option QB. How does the rest of the offense shift from one to the other, should that necessity arise?

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I think you're insane 

well now,you're so diplomatic.   :) 

Edited by Saticon3

2 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

well now,you're so diplomatic.   :) 

You agree with that nonsense?

2 hours ago, alienrace said:

This is poor journalism.  It started with so-called "insider" Ian Rappaport saying Flacco would miss 4-6 weeks with a disc injury. 

Flacco had an MRI, and the team doctor said there was no damage, and that he'd be fine with a week of rest.

Say it ain't so! You mean reporters are embellishing, speculating and just plain making things up?  I'm used to that in regular news, but its in Sports now too? I'm shocked!!!!

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

You agree with that nonsense?

Not at all, I just appreciate your form here, as always.