15 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

No you can google your fiction.

Uh oh. Looks like you are wrong again but that's par for the course with you

Google is cool

Edited by RavingManiac

14 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

He also said 

So it's not that clear

Actually it's pretty clear there Ken. It's a perfect quote. As much as you want to argue it, there really isn't anything to argue about. 

"I wouldn't like that to be here. I don't want him to get another shot here."

7 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Actually it's pretty clear there Ken. It's a perfect quote. As much as you want to argue it, there really isn't anything to argue about. 

"I wouldn't like that to be here. I don't want him to get another shot here."

So this part didn't count?

But he can come here and have some fun, I think it’ll be a good spot for him.”.  "

21 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Fllacco said:

“We need an extra arm in here right now and Colin’s a guy who is out there. If I’m him, I wanna play football right now. I know that we need an arm and who knows what John and all the upstairs guys are thinking at this point. I think at this point I’m really open to anything. You can do whatever you want at this position cause I feel like I’m the quarterback and it doesn’t really matter. I’d like to see Colin get back in and at some point get another shot, I wouldn’t like that to be here, I don’t want him to get another shot here. But he can come here and have some fun, I think it’ll be a good spot for him.”

IMO it is a competitive issue more than a personal issue. 

Exactly what I said. 

22 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

He also said it was a good place for him. It sounded more to me like he didn't want competition.

Meanwhile, people who think the Ravens will be just fine if Mallet has to fill in for Flacco at any point in time should read this article.  I've always been skeptical about Mallet, there is just too much baggage with him.  Maybe this is just a blip, but someone who has a full season of experience with a team, and has started a game should not be displaying this kind of performance.

Ryan Mallett takes over for injured Joe Flacco in practice and has total meltdown

The Ravens better hope that Joe Flacco's back starts to heal soon because right now, the team doesn't appear to be in very good hands with backup quarterback Ryan Mallett.  With Flacco nursing a sore back, Mallett was forced to take most of the first-team snaps with Baltimore's offense on Friday, and apparently, it was a total disaster.  

Mallett's meltdown was documented by ESPN reporter Jamison Hensley, who noted that Mallett threw "at least" five interceptions during practice. Think about that for a second -- Hensley used the words "at least," which means Mallett threw so many interceptions that there might have actually been more that Hensley didn't see. 

Mallett was so bad on Friday that he eventually gave up. After his fifth interception, the quarterback waved the proverbial white flag by throwing his towel in the air.   At one point in practice, things got so bad that Terrell Suggs started trash-talking offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.  "Hey Marty, tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys," Suggs said, referring to the offense. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-mallett-takes-over-for-injured-joe-flacco-in-practice-and-has-total-meltdown/

9 hours ago, Manny said:

Wow.  I would have guessed you would have been supportive of this move. 

Why?

20 hours ago, WhatintheHell said:

Maybe I went to far saying Flacco's days are numbered. 

Exactly what I was referring to. 

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

Why?

I figure you'd approve of his national anthem antics. Meanwhile, because of that gesture alone, many liberals in the media are openly advocating for him.

11 minutes ago, Manny said:

I figure you'd approve of his national anthem antics. 

Why?

Joe Flacco says he would not mind Colin K playing but not on the Ravens. Saying that speaks volumes. Pro and con.

1 hour ago, JPPT1974 said:

Joe Flacco says he would not mind Colin K playing but not on the Ravens. Saying that speaks volumes. Pro and con.

That's not what he said. 

But he can come here and have some fun, I think it’ll be a good spot for him.”.  "

Why is everyone ignoring that part of his statement?

13 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Why?

From your posts, old and new, it seems to match your ideological view.

13 hours ago, Manny said:

I figure you'd approve of his national anthem antics. Meanwhile, because of that gesture alone, many liberals in the media are openly advocating for him.

Actually I thought that Ken would be backing him 100% as well.

2 hours ago, Manny said:

From your posts, old and new, it seems to match your ideological view.

What's my ideological view?

2 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Actually I thought that Ken would be backing him 100% as well.

Why?

On 7/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, bmore_ken said:

Why?

Ken, I think we all know why some assumed you would back Kaep. I am enjoying your determination to make them spell it out.

2 minutes ago, Rael said:

Ken, I think we all know why some assumed you would back Kaep.

Why?

36 minutes ago, Rael said:

Ken, I think we all know why some assumed you would back Kaep. I am enjoying your determination to make them spell it out.

Lol. 

I don't think the Ravens are going to sign him.  They released Olsen and signed someone else.  They have had two chances to sign him and didn't, even bringing up RG3 as an option.  I believe they examined the fan response and found that it ran from a simple no to a an emphatic, violent NO.  I had a chance to hear some of the reaction and it ranged from saying they would turn in their tickets to they would boo from the time he stepped on the field to the time he got off.  That can't be good for what is one of the NFL's better home field advantages.  I can't believe Biscotti would continue to entertain the thought of signing him, knowing that it could fracture the team's relationship with it's fan base.  

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

I don't think the Ravens are going to sign him.  They released Olsen and signed someone else.  They have had two chances to sign him and didn't, even bringing up RG3 as an option.  I believe they examined the fan response and found that it ran from a simple no to a an emphatic, violent NO.  I had a chance to hear some of the reaction and it ranged from saying they would turn in their tickets to they would boo from the time he stepped on the field to the time he got off.  That can't be good for what is one of the NFL's better home field advantages.  I can't believe Biscotti would continue to entertain the thought of signing him, knowing that it could fracture the team's relationship with it's fan base.  

I am already Kaerpernicked-out at this point. They could bring in Pete Rose or O.J. or any other sports pariah at this stage for all I care.:)

What I don't understand is the Ravens' whole approach. Either you're going to bring him in or you aren't. As I saw in a recent opinion piece (one of the many), what the Ravens are managing to do is turn both the anti-Kaepernick factions as well as the pro-Kaepernick crowd against them. By trying to play both sides, all they're doing is catching a lot of hell from both angles. At this point, they can't win no matter what they do.

Sign the guy or don't and move on. Stop trying to make everyone happy because they're making no one happy. All this waffling and hedging is just making things worse. Why the Ravens thought it a good idea to turn what figured to be a PR headache into a PR splitting migraine is anyone's guess. 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:08 AM, bmore_ken said:

That's not what he said. 

Why is everyone ignoring that part of his statement?

I think Joe's just saying he wouldn't want K's shot to be with The Ravens because that would mean for whatever Reason, he, Flacco, would not be the Ravens starting QB at that point- either by injury or lack of performance, I don't think he meant to speak ill of K or the concept of him coming here in any way, that's the way I read it,

18 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

I think Joe's just saying he wouldn't want K's shot to be with The Ravens because that would mean for whatever Reason, he, Flacco, would not be the Ravens starting QB at that point- either by injury or lack of performance, I don't think he meant to speak ill of K or the concept of him coming here in any way, that's the way I read it,

That's exactly what I thought he was saying, he could have been talking about any QB coming here.

If Kap come here can we have a hair cut written into his contract.

This entire thing has just gotten out of hand.  How did it get started?  A media person asked Harbs and he tried to be PC and say "Sure, we'll look at him, we'll consider him"?  Then Biscotti with his weird comments at a press conference? 

The entire thing is stupid.  Kap isn't coming here, unless Joe can't be ready for the start of the season, and coming to be the backup to Mallet(that is, unless Mallet continues to look like garbage in TC).  The Ravens should have just shut up after the initial hubub and let the idiotic story die.  It's mostly media driven, and Harbs and Biscotti did the dumb thing and bit the freakin' bait. 

On 7/31/2017 at 11:25 PM, cprenegade said:

It's truly amusing what people in this country get all upset about.  Fans didn't blink an eye with Suggs' domestic violence allegations.  Ray Rice would have still been on the team if there wasn't video.  Jerry Jones made some comment about his players better stand up for the anthem, yet he had no problem signing Greg Hardy who beat the crap out of his girlfriend.  :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

It's truly amusing what people in this country get all upset about.  Fans didn't blink an eye with Suggs' domestic violence allegations.  Ray Rice would have still been on the team if there wasn't video.  Jerry Jones made some comment about his players better stand up for the anthem, yet he had no problem signing Greg Hardy who beat the crap out of his girlfriend.  :rolleyes:

Even Mike Vick got a chance to play again after going to jail for killing dogs

Kap committed no crime. If he can help the Ravens, they should sign him...