Saticon3

Would Kapernick be with the Ravens?

148 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

No you can google your fiction.

Uh oh. Looks like you are wrong again but that's par for the course with you

Google is cool

Edited by RavingManiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

He also said 

So it's not that clear

Actually it's pretty clear there Ken. It's a perfect quote. As much as you want to argue it, there really isn't anything to argue about. 

"I wouldn't like that to be here. I don't want him to get another shot here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Actually it's pretty clear there Ken. It's a perfect quote. As much as you want to argue it, there really isn't anything to argue about. 

"I wouldn't like that to be here. I don't want him to get another shot here."

So this part didn't count?

Quote

But he can come here and have some fun, I think it’ll be a good spot for him.”.  "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Fllacco said:

“We need an extra arm in here right now and Colin’s a guy who is out there. If I’m him, I wanna play football right now. I know that we need an arm and who knows what John and all the upstairs guys are thinking at this point. I think at this point I’m really open to anything. You can do whatever you want at this position cause I feel like I’m the quarterback and it doesn’t really matter. I’d like to see Colin get back in and at some point get another shot, I wouldn’t like that to be here, I don’t want him to get another shot here. But he can come here and have some fun, I think it’ll be a good spot for him.”

IMO it is a competitive issue more than a personal issue. 

Exactly what I said. 

22 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

He also said it was a good place for him. It sounded more to me like he didn't want competition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, people who think the Ravens will be just fine if Mallet has to fill in for Flacco at any point in time should read this article.  I've always been skeptical about Mallet, there is just too much baggage with him.  Maybe this is just a blip, but someone who has a full season of experience with a team, and has started a game should not be displaying this kind of performance.

 

Quote

 

Ryan Mallett takes over for injured Joe Flacco in practice and has total meltdown

The Ravens better hope that Joe Flacco's back starts to heal soon because right now, the team doesn't appear to be in very good hands with backup quarterback Ryan Mallett.  With Flacco nursing a sore back, Mallett was forced to take most of the first-team snaps with Baltimore's offense on Friday, and apparently, it was a total disaster.  

Mallett's meltdown was documented by ESPN reporter Jamison Hensley, who noted that Mallett threw "at least" five interceptions during practice. Think about that for a second -- Hensley used the words "at least," which means Mallett threw so many interceptions that there might have actually been more that Hensley didn't see. 

Mallett was so bad on Friday that he eventually gave up. After his fifth interception, the quarterback waved the proverbial white flag by throwing his towel in the air.   At one point in practice, things got so bad that Terrell Suggs started trash-talking offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.  "Hey Marty, tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys," Suggs said, referring to the offense. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-mallett-takes-over-for-injured-joe-flacco-in-practice-and-has-total-meltdown/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Manny said:

Wow.  I would have guessed you would have been supportive of this move. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WhatintheHell said:

 

Maybe I went to far saying Flacco's days are numbered. 

Exactly what I was referring to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

Why?

I figure you'd approve of his national anthem antics. Meanwhile, because of that gesture alone, many liberals in the media are openly advocating for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Manny said:

I figure you'd approve of his national anthem antics. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Flacco says he would not mind Colin K playing but not on the Ravens. Saying that speaks volumes. Pro and con.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPPT1974 said:

Joe Flacco says he would not mind Colin K playing but not on the Ravens. Saying that speaks volumes. Pro and con.

That's not what he said. 

Quote

But he can come here and have some fun, I think it’ll be a good spot for him.”.  "

Why is everyone ignoring that part of his statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Why?

From your posts, old and new, it seems to match your ideological view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Manny said:

I figure you'd approve of his national anthem antics. Meanwhile, because of that gesture alone, many liberals in the media are openly advocating for him.

Actually I thought that Ken would be backing him 100% as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manny said:

From your posts, old and new, it seems to match your ideological view.

What's my ideological view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Actually I thought that Ken would be backing him 100% as well.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, bmore_ken said:

Why?

Ken, I think we all know why some assumed you would back Kaep. I am enjoying your determination to make them spell it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rael said:

Ken, I think we all know why some assumed you would back Kaep.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rael said:

Ken, I think we all know why some assumed you would back Kaep. I am enjoying your determination to make them spell it out.

Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the Ravens are going to sign him.  They released Olsen and signed someone else.  They have had two chances to sign him and didn't, even bringing up RG3 as an option.  I believe they examined the fan response and found that it ran from a simple no to a an emphatic, violent NO.  I had a chance to hear some of the reaction and it ranged from saying they would turn in their tickets to they would boo from the time he stepped on the field to the time he got off.  That can't be good for what is one of the NFL's better home field advantages.  I can't believe Biscotti would continue to entertain the thought of signing him, knowing that it could fracture the team's relationship with it's fan base.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

I don't think the Ravens are going to sign him.  They released Olsen and signed someone else.  They have had two chances to sign him and didn't, even bringing up RG3 as an option.  I believe they examined the fan response and found that it ran from a simple no to a an emphatic, violent NO.  I had a chance to hear some of the reaction and it ranged from saying they would turn in their tickets to they would boo from the time he stepped on the field to the time he got off.  That can't be good for what is one of the NFL's better home field advantages.  I can't believe Biscotti would continue to entertain the thought of signing him, knowing that it could fracture the team's relationship with it's fan base.  

I am already Kaerpernicked-out at this point. They could bring in Pete Rose or O.J. or any other sports pariah at this stage for all I care.:)

What I don't understand is the Ravens' whole approach. Either you're going to bring him in or you aren't. As I saw in a recent opinion piece (one of the many), what the Ravens are managing to do is turn both the anti-Kaepernick factions as well as the pro-Kaepernick crowd against them. By trying to play both sides, all they're doing is catching a lot of hell from both angles. At this point, they can't win no matter what they do.

Sign the guy or don't and move on. Stop trying to make everyone happy because they're making no one happy. All this waffling and hedging is just making things worse. Why the Ravens thought it a good idea to turn what figured to be a PR headache into a PR splitting migraine is anyone's guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 0:08 AM, bmore_ken said:

That's not what he said. 

Why is everyone ignoring that part of his statement?

I think Joe's just saying he wouldn't want K's shot to be with The Ravens because that would mean for whatever Reason, he, Flacco, would not be the Ravens starting QB at that point- either by injury or lack of performance, I don't think he meant to speak ill of K or the concept of him coming here in any way, that's the way I read it,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

I think Joe's just saying he wouldn't want K's shot to be with The Ravens because that would mean for whatever Reason, he, Flacco, would not be the Ravens starting QB at that point- either by injury or lack of performance, I don't think he meant to speak ill of K or the concept of him coming here in any way, that's the way I read it,

That's exactly what I thought he was saying, he could have been talking about any QB coming here.

If Kap come here can we have a hair cut written into his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This entire thing has just gotten out of hand.  How did it get started?  A media person asked Harbs and he tried to be PC and say "Sure, we'll look at him, we'll consider him"?  Then Biscotti with his weird comments at a press conference? 

The entire thing is stupid.  Kap isn't coming here, unless Joe can't be ready for the start of the season, and coming to be the backup to Mallet(that is, unless Mallet continues to look like garbage in TC).  The Ravens should have just shut up after the initial hubub and let the idiotic story die.  It's mostly media driven, and Harbs and Biscotti did the dumb thing and bit the freakin' bait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 11:25 PM, cprenegade said:

I don't think the Ravens are going to sign him.  They released Olsen and signed someone else.  They have had two chances to sign him and didn't, even bringing up RG3 as an option.  I believe they examined the fan response and found that it ran from a simple no to a an emphatic, violent NO.  I had a chance to hear some of the reaction and it ranged from saying they would turn in their tickets to they would boo from the time he stepped on the field to the time he got off.  That can't be good for what is one of the NFL's better home field advantages.  I can't believe Biscotti would continue to entertain the thought of signing him, knowing that it could fracture the team's relationship with it's fan base.  

It's truly amusing what people in this country get all upset about.  Fans didn't blink an eye with Suggs' domestic violence allegations.  Ray Rice would have still been on the team if there wasn't video.  Jerry Jones made some comment about his players better stand up for the anthem, yet he had no problem signing Greg Hardy who beat the crap out of his girlfriend.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

It's truly amusing what people in this country get all upset about.  Fans didn't blink an eye with Suggs' domestic violence allegations.  Ray Rice would have still been on the team if there wasn't video.  Jerry Jones made some comment about his players better stand up for the anthem, yet he had no problem signing Greg Hardy who beat the crap out of his girlfriend.  :rolleyes:

Even Mike Vick got a chance to play again after going to jail for killing dogs

Kap committed no crime. If he can help the Ravens, they should sign him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now