Saticon3

Would Kapernick be with the Ravens?

147 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Yup.  Not good + distraction = not getting signed.  If this was 2012, he would have been signed in an instant.  The NFL will forgive anything if you are a good player.

For whatever reasons the Jets could have signed him but didn't. With their QB situation they still can.

Some team needs to sign this guy to stop the media drum beating.

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

For whatever reasons the Jets could have signed him but didn't. With their QB situation they still can.

Some team needs to sign this guy to stop the media drum beating.

Rex era Jets would have definitely signed him.  Sanchez, Tebow and Kap would have been classic.

5 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Rex era Jets would have definitely signed him.  Sanchez, Tebow and Kap would have been classic.

McCown is a descent starter but the back ups are meh. If McCown gets hurt in preseason maybe Kap goes there.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Good point. Even Belichick doesn't put up with BS.  But if Mallet screws up on Thursday night Kap could be here over the weekend. 

Doubt it. I believe you'll see RG3 before you see Kap. 

Edited by bmore_ken

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Doubt it. I believe you'll see RG3 before you see Kap. 

RG3 has a stronger arm. The season would be sunk if Flacco doesn't play at all.

20 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I think we all agree on that. I also hope they don't send him out there injured. 

On 8/9/2017 at 10:41 AM, stevez51 said:

I think CK could lead this team to the playoffs. Not saying he would, but there is a chance he could.

With Mallett, we're winning MAYBE 4 games. CK could probably get you 8-10.

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

I think CK could lead this team to the playoffs. Not saying he would, but there is a chance he could.

With Mallett, we're winning MAYBE 4 games. CK could probably get you 8-10.

Yes Kap would be better then Mallet but I don't think he would lead them to the playoffs. Right now he would be to much of a distraction. 

Mallet did his best Boller impersonation out there last night.

11 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Mallet did his best Boller impersonation out there last night.

I didn't watch the game, but that's the second post I've seen mention Boller which isn't a good sign. Maybe they need to bring in Kap or RG3. 

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

I didn't watch the game, but that's the second post I've seen mention Boller which isn't a good sign. Maybe they need to bring in Kap or RG3. 

I think if Mallet looks as awful as he did last night, it has to at least be considered.  Guy had plenty of time to throw and simply looked wildly inaccurate or not on the same page as his receivers. 

1 hour ago, alienrace said:

I think if Mallet looks as awful as he did last night, it has to at least be considered.  Guy had plenty of time to throw and simply looked wildly inaccurate or not on the same page as his receivers. 

Need a RB like Jamal Lewis but I know that won't happen. If Flacco is out for the season a decent QB who doesn't turn the ball over and a bruiser type RB will be needed. If they could find 2 guys like that I think the Ravens would be in good shape.

If the Jets don't want Kaepernick, than stay away.  Plus, they need a guard now that Lewis is done for the season already...Disgusted

On 8/11/2017 at 7:00 PM, mikemor1 said:

If the Jets don't want Kaepernick, than stay away.  Plus, they need a guard now that Lewis is done for the season already...Disgusted

Believe me, I see your point but conversely, if this OL is going to be garbage again this year, I'd rather have Kaepernick behind center than Mallet.  At least he can run and move downfield, even if for 5 yards.  Mallet is just a sitting duck like Flacco. 

13 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Believe me, I see your point but conversely, if this OL is going to be garbage again this year, I'd rather have Kaepernick behind center than Mallet.  At least he can run and move downfield, even if for 5 yards.  Mallet is just a sitting duck like Flacco. 

I'd like to see them go in a different direction- like trade with the Bills for Cardale Jones...

On 8/13/2017 at 11:53 AM, mikemor1 said:

I'd like to see them go in a different direction- like trade with the Bills for Cardale Jones...

Too late. The Chargers got him

Cardale Jones cried tears of joy Thursday upon learning that he had been traded from the Bills to the Chargers, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter (via Deadspin).

The back-up signal caller was shipped out of Buffalo in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick and seems to be excited about moving to Southern California, to say the least. Last week, Jones took to Twitter to pine about the lack of sushi in Buffalo. Now, he can have as many California rolls as his heart desires with the Chargers relocating to Los Angeles this offseason.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/28/cardale-jones-is-so-happy-to-be-leaving-the-bills/

The Bills seem intent to nuke their season, so I would be on the horn with them to see what it'll take to trade for Tyrod Taylor. Not sure if we could make his salary work with the cap, though.

The team seems content to wait and see what happens with Flacco. Kinda reminds me of the O's doing nothing with the rotation when they knew Chris Tillman was injured.

You just know this inaction will come back to bite us.

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

The Bills seem intent to nuke their season, so I would be on the horn with them to see what it'll take to trade for Tyrod Taylor. Not sure if we could make his salary work with the cap, though.

The team seems content to wait and see what happens with Flacco. Kinda reminds me of the O's doing nothing with the rotation when they knew Chris Tillman was injured.

You just know this inaction will come back to bite us.

Tyrod just signed an extension with Buffalo back in March. If the Bills were to trade him now, they'd be taking a cap hit of some $18 million. No way that happens. 

It would also be problematic for the Ravens in that they'd have to absorb a cap hit of some $9 million in salary this year. The deal also includes a $15.5 million club option for next year, which would allow the Ravens an out since they likely wouldn't exercise it, but they'd also be on the hook for over $8 million in dead cap for 2018.

30 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Tyrod just signed an extension with Buffalo back in March. If the Bills were to trade him now, they'd be taking a cap hit of some $18 million. No way that happens. 

It would also be problematic for the Ravens in that they'd have to absorb a cap hit of some $9 million in salary this year. The deal also includes a $15.5 million club option for next year, which would allow the Ravens an out since they likely wouldn't exercise it, but they'd also be on the hook for over $8 million in dead cap for 2018.

Yeah Tyrod isn't happening. They're banking on Joe being ready for opening day, so it's likely Mallett until then. 

On 8/14/2017 at 8:43 PM, bmore_ken said:

Too late. The Chargers got him

Bummer!!! I thought he was under the radar.

I can't imagine Kap could play much better than Woodrum has so far.