Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
city40blast

Public school talk only

161 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, BJC said:

Baltimore County..Franklin, Milford, Perry Hall and everyone else...

When they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else, that's what happens. 

5 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

When they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else, that's what happens. 

What rules are these teams afforded , that others aren't ? 

6 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

What rules are these teams afforded , that others aren't ? 

For starters, just take a look at the number of coaches on the sideline at their games. When the new schedule was made, Franklin just magically gets weeks 1,2,3 open dates while the rest of the county only gets week 1. Perry Hall gets to play Towson and Lansdowne as their "crossover" games (3A points) while the rest of Div 1 has to play 1A and 2A teams. Couple all that with the fact that the special permission transfer game in Baltimore County is a total joke, and there you have it. The big boys stay at the top and the rest stay in the middle of the pack

Hearing Dulaney QB transferring to Milford. Don't have proof at this time, just what I heard

2 hours ago, SaintBull said:

For starters, just take a look at the number of coaches on the sideline at their games. When the new schedule was made, Franklin just magically gets weeks 1,2,3 open dates while the rest of the county only gets week 1. Perry Hall gets to play Towson and Lansdowne as their "crossover" games (3A points) while the rest of Div 1 has to play 1A and 2A teams. Couple all that with the fact that the special permission transfer game in Baltimore County is a total joke, and there you have it. The big boys stay at the top and the rest stay in the middle of the pack

Where are the facts of this collusion , you just gave nothing 

Franklin and Milford having more than 10 coaches is not a fact?  Perry Hall playing 3A opponents for their crossover games is not a fact? Franklin getting 3 open weeks is not a fact?

27 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

Franklin and Milford having more than 10 coaches is not a fact?  Perry Hall playing 3A opponents for their crossover games is not a fact? Franklin getting 3 open weeks is not a fact?

Can't speak on MM but Franklin has 10 coaches and only 2 open dates and those are facts 

42 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

Kudos to Franklin to get people to volunteer 

I heard the Dualney QB had some academic issues and that's why he didn't do any 7 v 7 with team. 

Is having 10 coaches out of the norm in Baltimore county?

10 is the max allowed, including the Head Coach

20 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

10 is the max allowed, including the Head Coach

And would that include JV and varsity or just varsity?  And what about schools that have freshman, JV, and varsity?

6 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Who are you guys favorites to win

4A

3A

2A

1A

4A  -- Wise / Quince Orchard

3A  --  Oxon Hill / Franklin

2A  --  Damascus / Gwynn Park

1A  --  Dunbar 

Dunbar line will be their weakness lost all 5 starters.  and with the two wr's transferring out do they have the weapons to replace them. 

Dw I think oxon hill vs city second round match up will happened and it will be a packed house

48 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And would that include JV and varsity or just varsity?  And what about schools that have freshman, JV, and varsity?

That is total, program wide. And no one has Freshman teams in BaltCo, just JV and V

In many counties you are allowed 10 total coaches paid or volunteer that includes all staffs. JV and Varsity. I know a coach who got caught violating this and was suspended for two games not in Balt County.

Posted (edited)

My favorites are from each respective region, with my odds on favorite in bold:

4A -- Wise/North Point/Northwest/Howard

3A -- Franklin/Tuscarora/Oxon Hill/Long Reach

2A -- Damascus/Gwynn Park/Calvert/North Caroline

1A -- Dunbar/Fort Hill/Douglass-PG/Harve de Grace

Edited by ShoNuff07

27 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

My favorites are from each respective region, with my odds on favorite in bold:

4A -- Wise/North Point/Northwest/Howard

3A -- Franklin/Tuscarora/Oxon Hill/Long Reach

2A -- Damascus/Gwynn Park/Patuxent/North Caroline

1A -- Dunbar/Fort Hill/Douglass-PG/Harve de Grace

I almost want to retract my Dunbar 1A selection based on City's 411 about the line and WRs.  Sho, would Patuxent still be in your 2A selection since the Pax coach Crounse left for Northern with the Pax QB, his son?

But Dunbar did win the jv title 2 years straight and the kids finally moving up so they may reload and still have who I think is the best qb in Baltimore.  

10 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I almost want to retract my Dunbar 1A selection based on City's 411 about the line and WRs.  Sho, would Patuxent still be in your 2A selection since the Pax coach Crounse left for Northern with the Pax QB, his son?

I did forgot about that DW.  But I would feel guilty in putting another Howard County team winning their region. So I am switching to Calvert.

4A -- Wise/Broadneck/ QO/ Mervo

3A -- Franklin/Linganore/ Potomac/Long Reach

2A -- Damascus/Gwynn Park/Glenelg/North Caroline

1A -- Dunbar/Fort Hill/Lackey/C-SD

done by region

9 minutes ago, city40blast said:

But Dunbar did win the jv title 2 years straight and the kids finally moving up so they may reload and still have who I think is the best qb in Baltimore.  

City I agree about the qb