Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
city40blast

Public school talk only

161 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, BJC said:

Baltimore County..Franklin, Milford, Perry Hall and everyone else...

When they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else, that's what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

When they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else, that's what happens. 

What rules are these teams afforded , that others aren't ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

What rules are these teams afforded , that others aren't ? 

For starters, just take a look at the number of coaches on the sideline at their games. When the new schedule was made, Franklin just magically gets weeks 1,2,3 open dates while the rest of the county only gets week 1. Perry Hall gets to play Towson and Lansdowne as their "crossover" games (3A points) while the rest of Div 1 has to play 1A and 2A teams. Couple all that with the fact that the special permission transfer game in Baltimore County is a total joke, and there you have it. The big boys stay at the top and the rest stay in the middle of the pack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing Dulaney QB transferring to Milford. Don't have proof at this time, just what I heard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaintBull said:

For starters, just take a look at the number of coaches on the sideline at their games. When the new schedule was made, Franklin just magically gets weeks 1,2,3 open dates while the rest of the county only gets week 1. Perry Hall gets to play Towson and Lansdowne as their "crossover" games (3A points) while the rest of Div 1 has to play 1A and 2A teams. Couple all that with the fact that the special permission transfer game in Baltimore County is a total joke, and there you have it. The big boys stay at the top and the rest stay in the middle of the pack

Where are the facts of this collusion , you just gave nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franklin and Milford having more than 10 coaches is not a fact?  Perry Hall playing 3A opponents for their crossover games is not a fact? Franklin getting 3 open weeks is not a fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

Franklin and Milford having more than 10 coaches is not a fact?  Perry Hall playing 3A opponents for their crossover games is not a fact? Franklin getting 3 open weeks is not a fact?

Can't speak on MM but Franklin has 10 coaches and only 2 open dates and those are facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

Franklin and Milford having more than 10 coaches is not a fact?  Perry Hall playing 3A opponents for their crossover games is not a fact? Franklin getting 3 open weeks is not a fact?

Kudos to Franklin to get people to volunteer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the Dualney QB had some academic issues and that's why he didn't do any 7 v 7 with team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is having 10 coaches out of the norm in Baltimore county?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 is the max allowed, including the Head Coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SaintBull said:

10 is the max allowed, including the Head Coach

And would that include JV and varsity or just varsity?  And what about schools that have freshman, JV, and varsity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Who are you guys favorites to win

 

4A

3A

2A

1A

4A  -- Wise / Quince Orchard

3A  --  Oxon Hill / Franklin

2A  --  Damascus / Gwynn Park

1A  --  Dunbar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunbar line will be their weakness lost all 5 starters.  and with the two wr's transferring out do they have the weapons to replace them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dw I think oxon hill vs city second round match up will happened and it will be a packed house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And would that include JV and varsity or just varsity?  And what about schools that have freshman, JV, and varsity?

That is total, program wide. And no one has Freshman teams in BaltCo, just JV and V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In many counties you are allowed 10 total coaches paid or volunteer that includes all staffs. JV and Varsity. I know a coach who got caught violating this and was suspended for two games not in Balt County.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My favorites are from each respective region, with my odds on favorite in bold:

 

4A -- Wise/North Point/Northwest/Howard

3A -- Franklin/Tuscarora/Oxon Hill/Long Reach

2A -- Damascus/Gwynn Park/Calvert/North Caroline

1A -- Dunbar/Fort Hill/Douglass-PG/Harve de Grace

Edited by ShoNuff07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

My favorites are from each respective region, with my odds on favorite in bold:

 

4A -- Wise/North Point/Northwest/Howard

3A -- Franklin/Tuscarora/Oxon Hill/Long Reach

2A -- Damascus/Gwynn Park/Patuxent/North Caroline

1A -- Dunbar/Fort Hill/Douglass-PG/Harve de Grace

I almost want to retract my Dunbar 1A selection based on City's 411 about the line and WRs.  Sho, would Patuxent still be in your 2A selection since the Pax coach Crounse left for Northern with the Pax QB, his son?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Dunbar did win the jv title 2 years straight and the kids finally moving up so they may reload and still have who I think is the best qb in Baltimore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I almost want to retract my Dunbar 1A selection based on City's 411 about the line and WRs.  Sho, would Patuxent still be in your 2A selection since the Pax coach Crounse left for Northern with the Pax QB, his son?

I did forgot about that DW.  But I would feel guilty in putting another Howard County team winning their region. So I am switching to Calvert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4A -- Wise/Broadneck/ QO/ Mervo

3A -- Franklin/Linganore/ Potomac/Long Reach

2A -- Damascus/Gwynn Park/Glenelg/North Caroline

1A -- Dunbar/Fort Hill/Lackey/C-SD

done by region

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, city40blast said:

But Dunbar did win the jv title 2 years straight and the kids finally moving up so they may reload and still have who I think is the best qb in Baltimore.  

City I agree about the qb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0