Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
city40blast

Public school talk only

161 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jbmad said:

Welcome back

Haven't gone anywhere.  Been reading posts during this down period on the Board.  Waiting for practice to begin so I can get involved.

13 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Haven't gone anywhere.  Been reading posts during this down period on the Board.  Waiting for practice to begin so I can get involved.

On 7/31/2017 at 8:21 PM, city40blast said:

Dw I think oxon hill vs city second round match up will happened and it will be a packed house

This could be the year that City and Poly meet in the playoffs which would be a major tragedy. Both teams on paper look better than last year but a 2nd City Poly game would change history.

1 hour ago, 85Knight said:

This could be the year that City and Poly meet in the playoffs which would be a major tragedy. Both teams on paper look better than last year but a 2nd City Poly game would change history.

???  Please explain.

85knight I keep seeing that we might have a rematch week 11 which would be crazy, if each team can live up to the hype but I'm hoping poly can't make it through their  brutal first part of the schedule 

28 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

???  Please explain.

If we beat them for the 6th straight year we don't not want to have a rematch in the playoffs, don't want them to have another shot at us until 2018

14 minutes ago, city40blast said:

If we beat them for the 6th straight year we don't not want to have a rematch in the playoffs, don't want them to have another shot at us until 2018

Okay but what I understand you are saying happens in many leagues across the state.  It's the wet that comes with the water.

44 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

???  Please explain.

The City Poly game is historic. I can't imagine them playing twice in one year  just for historical reasons even though that game wouldn't count towards the series record. I'd just rather it not happen at all.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, 85Knight said:

The City Poly game is historic. I can't imagine them playing twice in one year  just for historical reasons even though that game wouldn't count towards the series record. I'd just rather it not happen at all.

But if a state title could be at the end, wouldn't that cover the cost?  Just best Poly's rump and move on and not look back.  Have the Highlander disposition; there only can be One!!

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

But if a state title could be at the end, wouldn't that cover the cost?  Just best Poly's rump and move on and not look back.  Have the Highlander disposition; there only can be One!!

You have to part of the City Poly families to really understand these feelings and I'm not knocking anyone. The rivalry overall is definitely bigger than a state title but I'd rather have my cake and eat it too. Win a state title and avoid screwing with the rivalry by playing twice in one year.

Edited by 85Knight

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I just don't understand because I'm thinking what could be wrong with kicking Poly's butt twice enroute to states...  Bammmm, done and then wait for the off season for the privates to yak about wanting to take City on or City needs to step up to them and yada yada.  You know what I mean.  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

Fort hill schedule has like 6 out of md games, wow. Are md teams scared to play them?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, city40blast said:

Fort hill schedule has like 6 out of md games, wow. Are md teams scared to play them?

That's nothing unusual for Fort Hill.  They have played many out of state teams over the years.

Edited by DayWalker

Now I haven't heard of them going that far.  I thought the Florida christian school was coming to Cumberland Greenway....

7 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Now I haven't heard of them going that far.  I thought the Florida christian school was coming to Cumberland Greenway....

U right I read it wrong, its home 

It's been mighty quiet around here 'bout BMore County teams other than beaching about county league alignments.  What's up with Randallstown with their new coach, or Hereford over the years without Coach T.  Has MM gotten over that playoff spanking Franklin laid on the Millers.....

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

It's been mighty quiet around here 'bout BMore County teams other than beaching about county league alignments.  What's up with Randallstown with their new coach, or Hereford over the years without Coach T.  Has MM gotten over that playoff spanking Franklin laid on the Millers.....

Who's the new coach at Randallstown ?

3 minutes ago, ECF said:

MaxPrpes shows Shawn Waller.  Is that accurate?

3 minutes ago, ECF said:

It was my understanding that Randalsstown got a new coach last year.  That's not the case?

45 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

It was my understanding that Randalsstown got a new coach last year.  That's not the case?

Thought Ray Wright was the coach up until last year ??

My Baltimore city top 5, I think this the first year that the other top Baltimore schools will beat up on Dunbar. 

1) Mervo 4 straight city titles

2) city 

3) Poly

4) Ews

5) Dunbar 

6) Douglass

7) Patterson

8)Digital 

Posted (edited)

WoW, Dunbar that far down!!!!

Edited by DayWalker

4 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

WoW, Dunbar that far down!!!!

Just don't see how u can lose your whole starting offensive and defensive lines, your top defensive players and your two best wr's to transfers and still be considered tops.  Plus the wr transfer from ews is back at ews. But they still should make the 1a playoffs and win their region. 

23 minutes ago, city40blast said:

My Baltimore city top 5, I think this the first year that the other top Baltimore schools will beat up on Dunbar. 

1) Mervo 4 straight city titles

2) city 

3) Poly

4) Ews

5) Dunbar 

6) Douglass

7) Patterson

8)Digital 

Interesting list.  Great additional motivational tool City.  Thank you.