Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

O's announcers...

44 posts in this topic

"Manny, up there at the plate with a 1 game hitting streak..."

(On a fly ball to center field...) "Adam Jones ROBBED of a home run..."

OK. Maybe a BIT exaggerated. But not by much.

LOL...Hunter and BorDick together are just awful...dumb comments, in game insight that is stupid and just boring. Mike was a good player but man he should hang up the "Mike"...Hunter, no comment, he sucks.

36 minutes ago, OsfaninCA said:

LOL...Hunter and BorDick together are just awful...dumb comments, in game insight that is stupid and just boring. Mike was a good player but man he should hang up the "Mike"...Hunter, no comment, he sucks.

"And there are only 3 other players from Ohio who have done...x...y...z." I swear. The most useless pointless irrelevant "statistics" EVER. And he's NON STOP. From the minute he opens his mouth until the game is over it's a never ending stream of useless statistics. It's mind numbingly stupid.

Overall, I think Bordick is a good instrument for the O's org. He wears many hats, including roving IF instructor. But he is pretty terrible in the booth. No one respects Hunter. 

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

I listen to music when Hunter is the announcer.

I simply mute the TV. Baseball isn't that complicated. I can watch the screen and have a pretty good idea what's going on without having to have him numb my brain with his tripe. (If I want to numb my brain I'll just drink tequila.)

I laughed at the line in the 8th where Jones, Schoop & Manny were at the end of the dugout and Hunter said they were talking strategy ..

Yup, Hunter and Bordick are terrible.

Thorne and Palmer are awesome.

Ben McDonald and Joe Angel on the radio are pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Maybe it's just me but I used to like Palmer more. He seemed to be more free to speak his mind. Now he sounds just like another puppet on a stick.

Posted (edited)

I only recently discovered that MLB.TV (often)  has an option to hear only the noise from the game itself!

I've wanted that (and the ability to pick your own camera angles -- which does not exist) for years!

Would be great it if was implemented for TV!

Edited by Mr. Buzzcut

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

Before the O's went into that 8 year (?) tailspin. I watched and listened to them religiously. At the time I could turn on WBAL radio and turn the sound down on the TV....it was great.

Then 'they' did something and the radio broadcast and TV picture were way out of sync.

Then for a brief period...there was a trick you could use to sync both.

Then that went away.

But now....I don't watch at all or listen. Everytime I do ....they stink. :lol: The team I mean.

Now if I want pain I go down to the shop and find a big hammer and my thumb.

Edited by Guido2

I laughed at all of your comments, I don't know a single person that like Hunter and/or Bordick. Bordick is clearly better of the 2, but my goodness...jettison Hunter please. Really nice guy...but my goodness..painful.

People make their jokes about F.P. Santello with the Nats, but he will call out the org or team at least. I actually don't mind him.

Joe Angel should do tv. Absolutely love him.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

I laughed at all of your comments, I don't know a single person that like Hunter and/or Bordick. Bordick is clearly better of the 2, but my goodness...jettison Hunter please. Really nice guy...but my goodness..painful.

People make their jokes about F.P. Santello with the Nats, but he will call out the org or team at least. I actually don't mind him.

I really liked Chuck Thompson...visit his grave from time to time. Then we got Jon Miller and he was great...then he left I was kind of iffy about Angel. But now if I close my eyes when I listened to Angel it is almost like Miller is announcing.

BTW what channel is he broadcasting on now.... I can't find him....they keep moving the broadcasts around. I would turn the game on just to listen to him.

Edited by Guido2

2 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

Hunter and Bordick are absolute homers. Angelos probably adores them. They're not going anywhere.

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

I really liked Chuck Thompson...visit his grave from time to time. Then we got Jon Miller and he was great...then he left I was kind of iffy about Angel. But now if I close my eyes when I listened to Angel it is almost like Miller is announcing.

BTW what channel is he broadcasting on now.... I can't find him....they keep moving the broadcasts around. I would turn the game on just to listen to him.

He's just on the radio. Which is WBAL still I believe....I haven't listened on the radio this year (I am out of market so I don't even get it here). Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

7 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

He's just on the radio. Which is WBAL still I believe....I haven't listened on the radio this year (I am out of market so I don't even get it here). Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

O's games are on The Fan, 105.7 FM.

As much as the Orioles have had great announcers (Thompson, Miller), that have had their stinkers.  Never mind Jim Hunter, who could ever forget the total nonsense that was Ken Levine?

Thanks Thirteen. I don't get either channel in the car (probably available on Tune In App though).

I do enjoy Gary Thorne. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think he's enjoyable personally.

Palmer is awesome, always has been. I like Thorne quite a bit as well. I'm convinced that Hunter washes Pete's car every Tuesday, a shill to the nth degree. Bordick is boring. I would love to see Ben do more games, and always make a point to tune in when he's on.

Posted (edited)

Who was the guy filling in for Joe Angel last week?  He sounded like he should have been working for Westwood One or something.

Edited by Thirteen

Hunter is the most annoying announcer EVER. 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hunter is the most annoying announcer EVER. 

You would think he sells used cars in the off season .....

7 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

You're kidding FP is the biggest homer I've ever heard 

Renton is as good as Nolan Arrendo and Machado 

'get outta here

5 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Hunter and Bordick are absolute homers. Angelos probably adores them. They're not going anywhere.

Ditto. Palmer is the only honest announcer. 

On 8/2/2017 at 8:35 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

"Manny, up there at the plate with a 1 game hitting streak..."

(On a fly ball to center field...) "Adam Jones ROBBED of a home run..."

OK. Maybe a BIT exaggerated. But not by much.

Correct, Toolbag. 

Most fans here have been pointing this out for years. Carry on.

9 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Correct, Toolbag. 

Most fans here have been pointing this out for years. Carry on.

One can only imagine what your life is like.

:rolleyes: