Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Attention seniors (62+): Get your National Park Service Lifetime Pass NOW!

11 posts in this topic

https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/senior-pass-changes.htm

On August 28, 2017, the price of the America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass increased for the first time since 1994. The additional revenue will be used to enhance the visitor experience in parks. Learn more about the changes, what they mean for you, and how the additional funds will be used.

The passes cover entrance and standard amenity (day-use) recreation fees and provide discounts on some expanded amenity recreation fees.

Are there any other benefits from a Senior Pass?
Yes, traveling companions can also enter for free. The Senior Passes admit pass owner/s and passengers in a noncommercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas and pass owner plus three adults, not to exceed four adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free.) Also, at many sites, the Senior Passes provide the pass owner (only) a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees (such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours).

I picked one up today at Ft. McHenry for $10.  On 28 August the price will jump to $80.

On 8/2/2017 at 11:41 PM, Baltimatt said:

I picked one up today at Ft. McHenry for $10.  On 28 August the price will jump to $80.

That's not right. I turn 62 in October. Can I get a waiver ..???

Bummer.

I'm not aware that you can.

I think back to when they raised the drinking age but grandfathered in those who were legal at the time.  Can you imaging going three years being one day too young to buy alcohol?

1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

Bummer.

think back to when they raised the drinking age but grandfathered in those who were legal at the time.  Can you imaging going three years being one day too young to buy alcohol?

Lol, I'd have emigrated. 🍺🍷😉

I got mine last year at Teton when I was finally 62 and the wife just got hers back from an online order.

Can't wait to use the hell out of it in retirement.

Got mine at Chincoteague last February.  Clearly $10 was an unbelievable deal, but $80 is not awful; just a few trips to Skyline Drive and other National Parks within driving distance pays for it. 

That's a great deal ......

Hope it stays $80 for a few more years ......

On August 16, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Eastside Terp said:

That's a great deal ......

Hope it stays $80 for a few more years ......

At least another 8 1/2.  😄

On August 5, 2017 at 8:12 AM, Baltimatt said:

Bummer.

I think back to when they raised the drinking age but grandfathered in those who were legal at the time.  Can you imaging going three years being one day too young to buy alcohol?

I snuck in on that one by a few months.  I had friends who didn't make it.  I may have broken the law a few times over the next three years.

One week left!