EgyptKang

Gun sales plummet under trump

117 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/obama-great-gun-business-trumps-terrible-163923519.html

The Obama years were a great time for the gun business

But since the election of Donald Trump as president and the resulting decline in fears over increased gun regulation, sales in the industry have plummeted

Repubs vote against their best interests......LMAO!!!!

I wonder how the NRA is going to scare people into buying guns now?

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/05/nra-hunting-convention-gun-rights/

To save hunting, you must understand the terms of the battle,” a landing page for the campaign reads. “Because the animal rights extremists fighting to destroy hunting have an even more destructive goal: the systematic diminishment of humanity itself

What's scary is that these people have influence over Judges and politicians.

Edited by EgyptKang

Posted (edited)

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/28/news/companies/trump-nra-guns/index.html

The gun industry grew from 166,000 employees in 2008, the year Obama was elected, to 301,000 last year, according to the National Sports Shooting Foundation, the gun industry lobby. Wages grew from $6.4 billion to $15.2 billion, and total tax revenue grew from $3.2 billion to $7.4 billion.

Under trump

gun sales have

flattened, and gun company stocks have dropped. Sturm Ruger (RGR) stock has dropped 8% since Election Day, while American Outdoor Brands (AOBC), which owns Smith & Wesson, has plunged 23%

Remington, a New York gun manufacturer, and SilencerCo, a silencer maker in Utah, have laid off workers

trump is a job killer.

Edited by EgyptKang

3 minutes ago, soulflower said:

They're trying to start a revolution or a race war 

https://youtu.be/tOfLjGg5gP0

Thank you for that link.  That is what I was looking for when I happened up on the others that I have posted.

Just from personal observation, I can tell you two demographics that are buying more guns these days....Black folks and Muslims.  The increased activities among Trump's more deplorable supporters have not gone unnoticed.  People have become more worried about their personal protection.  But these are people the NRA doesn't care about.

22 minutes ago, FormerlySouthSide said:

Just from personal observation, I can tell you two demographics that are buying more guns these days....Black folks and Muslims.  The increased activities among Trump's more deplorable supporters have not gone unnoticed.  People have become more worried about their personal protection.  But these are people the NRA doesn't care about.

Exactly!!!!  Even I, who don't like guns, will be getting one. I am going to go to a black owned gun shop in VA.

The three publicly traded firearms (and parent) companies have been dropping again. They were going up after a fall but whatever that was ended. Maybe the NRA should start running that "closed fist of truth" ad on TV which equates liberals to violence.

13 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

And yet:

"May 2017 Sets Gun Sales Record

Surpass even 2016 numbers

The Federal Bureau of Investigation ran more firearms-related background checks in May 2017 than in any previous May, indicating record gun sales."

http://freebeacon.com/issues/may-2017-sets-gun-sales-record/

There was an increase for a couple of months after dropping, and now it's dropping again. It will be interesting to see what the future holds, but the place we got to seems unsustainable. A lot of the big guys will likely have to cut production capacity significantly given their recent growth.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, bmorepunk said:

There was an increase for a couple of months after dropping, and now it's dropping again. It will be interesting to see what the future holds, but the place we got to seems unsustainable. A lot of the big guys will likely have to cut production capacity significantly given their recent growth.

Gun ownership has trended down over the past few decades. 

There are fewer gun owners but more gun owners own more than one firearm. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/number-of-households-with-guns-on-the-decline-study-shows/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/

The NRA these days seems to be working on behalf of gun manufacturers more than gun owners

Edited by soulflower

21 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Exactly!!!!  Even I, who don't like guns, will be getting one. I am going to go to a black owned gun shop in VA.

What are you thinking of getting?  Rifle, pistol, shotgun?

Cause everyone Bought stuff Before out of Fear now it's not a Big Deal. People aren't afraid of any more Restrictions coming along. For myself I filled my cabinet before that POS Schumer rammed the Assault Weapon ban through in what was it 90 or 91? I have most of the major military US calibers covered and cases of ammo for all. You Never Know!

18 hours ago, bmorepunk said:

Private gun sales by individuals and guns sold at gun shows are not tracked. 

51 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The sales referenced are manufacturer sales.

And as a bonus from post Obama ammo prices for common rounds such as 9mm have gone down dramatically and availability for civilian consumer has skyrocketed.

Works for me;)

Never fear. The gun manufacturers are hard at work on another marketing strategy to drive sales.

Wonder is any of the rubes have had the sense to question how "Obama's gonna git your guns" never came close to happening?

Nah. Ka-ching!

15 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Never fear. The gun manufacturers are hard at work on another marketing strategy to drive sales.

Wonder is any of the rubes have had the sense to question how "Obama's gonna git your guns" never came close to happening?

Nah. Ka-ching!

What ever happened to the hysteria over those US military drills? Jade Helm?

If Trump tries to turn over the USA to Putin I'll buy a lot of them.

2 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Something Republicans can be proud of.

I bought my grandson a gun at Walmart for Chirstmas. They had plenty of ammo.

6 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Why wouldn't they?

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

That's what I said above. And if you bought a gun in Maryland at Walmart it was shotgun or hunting rifle, not a handgun. Which Is where the shortages were and that was due to hoarders mostly.

Now no one is freaking out about real or imagined ammo shortages hence lower ammo prices.

Edited by jonsensback

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

That's what I said above. And if you bought a gun in Maryland at. Walmart it was shotgun or hunting rifle, not a handgun. Which I where the shortages were and that was due to hoarders mostly.

It was a BB gun. They had plenty of them.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ms maggie said:

The sales referenced are manufacturer sales.

Probably one good reason for keeping Democrats out of the WH. Sales go down.  :P

Edited by flyboy56

24 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

It was a BB gun. They had plenty of them.

Okay, that was relevant to my point;)