Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rael

Posting from paradise

9 posts in this topic

I do believe the British Virgin Islands are the prettiest place I've seen in person. Been to "The Baths", Hog Heaven, and Savannah Beach in Virgin Gorda today. Beautiful.

I understand the US dollar is the official currency.  Maybe you can confirm.

When I was in the US Virgin Islands, I was surprised to find they drive on the left but have left hand drive cars. Is it the same in BVI?

Enjoy your stay.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:17 AM, Baltimatt said:

I understand the US dollar is the official currency.  Maybe you can confirm.

When I was in the US Virgin Islands, I was surprised to find they drive on the left but have left hand drive cars. Is it the same in BVI?

Enjoy your stay.

Yes, both use the dollar and both drive on the left with (primarily) left side steering. 

Thanks.

However, driving is quite umm, eventful. Like a 2 hour roller coaster ride with no belt.

Sorry, just never been a Beach person since I was a Kid. Pretty much Over that since my Teens. Since then I've worked outside for a lot of my career in all seasons and still go outside enough now when I'm not banging on the PC and "Supervising" inside. I've been Outside enough in my life. Short AC trip coming up in Sept midweek, just booked 3nites staying Free on Comp at Harrah's Bayside. They sent me the Offer, I'll Take It! What the Heck? Then it's LV again (Finally!) for a week in middle of Dec before Xmas. HO,HO,HO! :D 

15 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Sorry, just never been a Beach person since I was a Kid. Pretty much Over that since my Teens. Since then I've worked outside for a lot of my career in all seasons and still go outside enough now when I'm not banging on the PC and "Supervising" inside. I've been Outside enough in my life. Short AC trip coming up in Sept midweek, just booked 3nites staying Free on Comp at Harrah's Bayside. They sent me the Offer, I'll Take It! What the Heck? Then it's LV again (Finally!) for a week in middle of Dec before Xmas. HO,HO,HO! :D 

Thanks for sharing sunshine  .....

Certainly wasn't paradise yesterday...heavy rain with flooding, mudslides, landslides.  I believe it was supposed to be their big emancipation day parade.  Lots of roads blocked/gone today.  Tough end of the season for them.  Hopefully they'll catch a break on hurricanes this year.  I go in February to sail most every year...not much more than a daily shower that time of year.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:37 PM, Rael said:

I do believe the British Virgin Islands are the prettiest place I've seen in person. Been to "The Baths", Hog Heaven, and Savannah Beach in Virgin Gorda today. Beautiful.

I'm headed there in December for Christmas. I doubt I'll be posting while I'm there though. Enjoy. :)