Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

The sad-sack Dan Duquette offense is one-dimensional.

79 posts in this topic

And the National Media doesn't disagree. When does the Front Office do something???!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, pitbull said:

And the National Media doesn't disagree. When does the Front Office do something???!

It's lonely out tonight
And the feelin' just got right for a brand new whine song

Dan Duquette done something wrong song...

Hey, won't you play, another Duquette did something wrong song...

So please play for me a sad melody
So sad that it makes everybody cry-cry-cry
A real hurtin' song about a GM that's gone wrong
Cause I don't want to cry all alone

So...Hey, wontcha play another Duquette done something wrong song
And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby...

- My sincere apology to BJ Thomas :D

 

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

:rolleyes:

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

It's lonely out tonight
And the feelin' just got right for a brand new whine song

Dan Duquette done something wrong song...

Hey, won't you play, another Duquette did something wrong song...

So please play for me a sad melody
So sad that it makes everybody cry-cry-cry
A real hurtin' song about a GM that's gone wrong
Cause I don't want to cry all alone

So...Hey, wontcha play another Duquette done something wrong song
And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby...

- My sincere apology to BJ Thomas :D

 

Damn, that was pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

It's lonely out tonight
And the feelin' just got right for a brand new whine song

Dan Duquette done something wrong song...

Hey, won't you play, another Duquette did something wrong song...

So please play for me a sad melody
So sad that it makes everybody cry-cry-cry
A real hurtin' song about a GM that's gone wrong
Cause I don't want to cry all alone

So...Hey, wontcha play another Duquette done something wrong song
And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby...

- My sincere apology to BJ Thomas :D

 

     This is really good. I hope you don't mind my suggestion that you change the last line of the chorus to"

     "And make me feel at home while I diss Danny, While I diss Danny..."

    Besides, didn't the one dimensional offense get a different wrinkle with the acquisition of Tim Beckham?

Edited by russsnyder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Damn, that was pretty good.

Thanks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, russsnyder said:

     This is really good. I hope you don't mind my suggestion that you change the last line of the chorus to"

     "And make me feel at home while I diss my Danny, While I diss my Danny..."

    Besides, didn't the one dimensional offense get a different wrinkle with the acquisition of Tim Beckham?

Thanks. I did the lyrics in about 5 minutes. Any improvements are welcomed. :) I added the word 'my' to your line to make it sound closer to the original, but I like your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd thread to come up after the addition of Beckham who brings speed and power to the lineup.

Our bottom third is hitting 273 on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Odd thread to come up after the addition of Beckham who brings speed and power to the lineup.

Our bottom third is hitting 273 on the year.

Plus, that damn one dimensional offense just put up 8 runs in 4 innings. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, they'll have their hot streaks where they look like world champs and cold streaks where they can't score for games and games without HRs.  It's better than it used to be (when they could neither pitch or score runs), but it's still flawed... and less than ideal for October match-ups if they have any.

It's sort of like Ubaldo (okay, not THAT bad!)... when it's going good, everyone loses sight of the down side that comes with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the young guys Schoop and Mancini higher in the line -up and Manny being Manny.  Beckham and Rickard look good at the bottom.  Actually some speed there.  Those are 5 young core guys. Unusual for this team. If we could just develop some young arms now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Yep, they'll have their hot streaks where they look like world champs and cold streaks where they can't score for games and games without HRs.  It's better than it used to be (when they could neither pitch or score runs), but it's still flawed... and less than ideal for October match-ups if they have any.

It's sort of like Ubaldo (okay, not THAT bad!)... when it's going good, everyone loses sight of the down side that comes with it.

I don't think anyone, other than Buck, has any illusions about Jimenez. Yes, he's on a role but there's no way I would want him starting a playoff game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

I don't think anyone, other than Buck, has any illusions about Jimenez. Yes, he's on a role but there's no way I would want him starting a playoff game.

 

 

No but Buck will get him in there in relief, ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think this is the most consistent looking offense we've put out there in 5 plus years. Having Davis and Trumbo swing and miss together in the middle of the lineup has a lot to do with it. Adding more speed and on base percentage to the lineup has made this offense a lot better than the all or nothing homer offense we're used to seeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Odd thread to come up after the addition of Beckham who brings speed and power to the lineup.

Our bottom third is hitting 273 on the year.

There are some people that will not change their views no matter what they see right in front of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Odd thread to come up after the addition of Beckham who brings speed and power to the lineup.

Our bottom third is hitting 273 on the year.

Are you new here? :D:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

There are some people that will not change their views no matter what they see right in front of them.

I just can't STAND those kind of people!

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Orioles offense has scored 116 runs over the last 19 games. That's 6.1 runs per game if you're scoring at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 9:42 PM, pitbull said:

And the National Media doesn't disagree. When does the Front Office do something???!

Quote

Tim Beckham’s first six games with the Orioles earned him an award. The curtain call wasn’t sufficient.

Beckham has been named the American League’s Player of the Week after collecting 14 hits in his first 24 at-bats following last Monday’s trade that brought him over from the Rays.

Beckham posted a .583/.600/1.167 slash line with three doubles, a triple, three home runs, six RBIs and six runs scored to earn his first Player of the Week honor.

Among the league leaders, Beckham finished the week ranked first in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and total bases (28), tied for first in hits (14) and triples, tied for third in home runs and tied for seventh in runs scored and doubles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

 

Sure looks like we have our SS present and future.  Taking that off the table for next off season is huge.  What deal by DD!!  JJ has been a great Oriole, but watching Beckham now only makes JJs performance this year look even more painful.  JJ got super old in a hurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Sure looks like we have our SS present and future.  Taking that off the table for next off season is huge.  What deal by DD!!  JJ has been a great Oriole, but watching Beckham now only makes JJs performance this year look even more painful.  JJ got super old in a hurry.

Literally the second they inked that extension he started falling apart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

 

Obviously that kind of performance isn't sustainable but what a fantastic start.  

Hopefully he can just continue to be a speedy on base guy this team so desperately needs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Literally the second they inked that extension he started falling apart 

Hardy was a asset to the Orioles for many years. I don't think at the time it was a bad extension. It's too bad injuries and age have overcome him. He was one of the best defensive shortstops in the game. But his defense has taken a hit late last season and this year it has gotten worse. He can still play decently at short, but not well enough to justify him being a regular starter anymore, especially since he also has been struggling at the plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0