Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoNuff07

Howard County Football 2017

555 posts in this topic

Yea, AO is my man, but sometimes he needs to lay off the juice. He had me at "take his keys" at Howard #1.

4 minutes ago, themamba said:

Yea, AO is my man, but sometimes he needs to lay off the juice. He had me at "take his keys" at Howard #1.

Yeah...I was a tad bit bothered with putting Howard at #1.  Love them guys, but they are not the top school in the area.

I said I had questions about 3 teams to see if they deserve top third status. Glenelg looks like they could be in. OM, despite being 0-2, has to be 5, falling to 2 and 3 by a total of 5 points. Hebron, they are who we thought they were? It looks like 'The Lake' checks out, moving down to 7. 'Rowdy Ridge' takes the 8 spot. Small sample size, lost, but beat the spread by better than a TD (+26.5). Howard, Long Reach, River Hill, stay 1, 2, 3.

Edited by themamba

Wande goes for 178, 3 TD's on 23 carries.

Dawkins rushes for 3 scores.

Another wild one for 'The Mill'. Up 7 with 4 mintes to go. River Hill scores with 2:30 to go. Miss xp, down 1. Onside kick recovered. McGeehan FG. Safety, OM snap out of end zone.

Owens moves to #10 all-time on the HoCo career rushing list, with 3,017 yards in 17 games. Next up - Devon Paye (3,118), Zach Martin (3,156), and Malek Redd (3,172).

Edited by themamba

RH hung a LaBamba 40 burger on the Kilimanjarian's? Dang. I heard coach was using the Hawk tunnel smoke machine at practice this week. Looks like he figured out how to tackle it.

3 hours ago, themamba said:

Dawkins rushes for 3 scores.

:D

Howard County JV Football Scores Week 2

River Hill 20 at Oakland Mills 0

Wilde Lake 6 at Atholton 12

Howard 21 at Marriotts Ridge 0

Mt Hebron 13 at Gleneg 26

Centennial 14 at Reservoir 36

Long Reach 36 at Hammond 0

17 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Howard County JV Football Scores Week 2

River Hill 20 at Oakland Mills 0

Wilde Lake 6 at Atholton 12

Howard 21 at Marriotts Ridge 0

Mt Hebron 13 at Gleneg 26

Centennial 14 at Reservoir 36

Long Reach 36 at Hammond 0

Wow Centennial......at this rate they won't have a team next year either. 7 coaches and juniors playing down and still lose by 3 TD's.....smh

On 9/12/2017 at 8:58 AM, MDSOCCER said:

Wow Centennial......at this rate they won't have a team next year either. 7 coaches and juniors playing down and still lose by 3 TD's.....smh

MSSOCCER,

I guess they knew what type of team they had when they decided to cancel football this season.  And I honestly don' have any real issue with that.  I just really dislike how it put the other schools in a bad position in trying to locate a 10th game in such a short notice.  Just wish the county athletic department already had a plan in place for a team or 2 that must disband for the season.  Sounds like poor planning from a "smart" county.

Edited by ShoNuff07
spelling

I wish River Hill had played Gwynn Park.  Both are idle this coming weekend.

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

I wish River Hill had played Gwynn Park.  Both are idle this coming weekend.

Since River Hill don't have any studs like they did back in their championship years I bet they didn't even consider playing Gwynn Park.

Then it's that Oil Can's fault because I employed him the moment Centennial shutdown to contact BVD to get with Coach Danny Hayes of Gwynn Park.  But that ole used up grease spot mucked things up yet again and perhaps didn't do jack!  So it was Oil alone who denied us a good 2017 outing.  I have a thinking to just snatch his HoCard and send that slick spot further out to the next county or perhaps two.

Week 3 Power Rankings

Howard

Long Reach

River Hill

Glenelg

Oakland Mills

Atholton

Wilde Lake

Marriotts Ridge

Mount Hebron

Reservoir

Hammond

GDEF,

Tell me Howard is getting better and better to possibly take Wise this year!!! 

4 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

GDEF,

Tell me Howard is getting better and better to possibly take Wise this year!!! 

No chance. Howard doesn’t have the speed, size, or skill to beat the power house wise this year. 

Just now, twelve said:

No chance. Howard doesn’t have the speed, size, or skill to beat the power house wise this year. 

Shyte!!!!  BUT, there is always a chance within the publics when 11 on each side line up.

21 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Shyte!!!!  BUT, there is always a chance within the publics when 11 on each side line up.

This is absolutely true and not to take anything away from Howard and what that program has accomplished but I just can’t see them knocking off wise unless wise doesn’t play to their full potential due to complacency 

So comparing Howard now with the team who last played Wise, would Howard have a better chance now or the last time understanding that last game was a 48-0 blow out and the game even before was perhaps worse?  The DayWalker is looking for my Box of Chocolates on Wise.

I do not see any pubic school being able to beat Wise. 

I actually think Howards team from last year was slightly better and we all know how last years game went. Wise would have to play a terrible game and Howard a perfect game just to keep it within 3 scores. 

Then I need nomad to get in here and tell us how Quince Orchard and Northwest are shaping up to possibly do in Wise.  I know Roosevelt is focused on it's mission and I am not expecting them to shoot their wad in their regular season game but unload both barrels in the playoff unless the season game can determine home field advantage. And I need to hear from OBC about what's going on at North Point as a Wise killer.

By if you came at the king, you best not miss.....  Omar, The Wire

6 hours ago, GDEF said:

I do not see any pubic school being able to beat Wise. 

I actually think Howard's team from last year was slightly better and we all know how last years game went. Wise would have to play a terrible game and Howard a perfect game just to keep it within 3 scores. 

I think the 2016 Howard team would have played a better game if RB Devin Dawkins didn't get injured in the regional finals the week before.  But that maybe could have accounted for one or 2 scores to perhaps kept the game being a running clock.

But in order for this year's Howard team to keep it close I agree 100% with you GDEF, Wise must play an extremely bad game and Howard plays the perfect game.

Okay, based upon what you said, I wanted to go back and see some Howard play and I see a 2016 Long Reach - Howard bump video in the cabinet.  Is that a good one to review HoCo peeps?

24 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Okay, based upon what you said, I wanted to go back and see some Howard play and I see a 2016 Long Reach - Howard bump video in the cabinet.  Is that a good one to review HoCo peeps?

It was decent, I was there among a packed house.

Couple of other things.

I too wish River Hill played Gwynn Park. I also agree River Hill must not have wanted to play the Yellowjackets. Their staff is savvy enough, as mentioned on here dozens of times, to know/find out the opportunity was there. I have to beleive you two old timers would agree.

As for Wise and Howard talk, no disrepect (Oh lord, here comes the but), but there is nothing to see here. Though I like the past 2 Pumas teams over this one going for a 3-peat, I also like the Lions last 3 teams to this one.

I think we need to look south-southwest for a possible contender, in NW or QO. At this juncture, I'm still not willing to underestimate what Eleanor has under her skirt.

DW, you usually have as good a handle on the SMAC as much as anyone on here, so I ask, is it blasphemous to ask what kind of shot North Point would have? Haven't seen them, but my man Jimmy and Tracy Warner's son plays for the Eagles.

Edited by themamba