Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoNuff07

Howard County Football 2017

390 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2017 at 2:59 AM, DayWalker said:

Then it's that Oil Can's fault because I employed him the moment Centennial shutdown to contact BVD to get with Coach Danny Hayes of Gwynn Park.  But that ole used up grease spot mucked things up yet again and perhaps didn't do jack!  So it was Oil alone who denied us a good 2017 outing.  I have a thinking to just snatch his HoCard and send that slick spot further out to the next county or perhaps two.

September 18, 2017

Re: RH v GP

Dear DW,

I'm sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. GP backed out when they saw RH hang a 40 burger on the Killamanjarians. They heard about the smoke machine.

Sincerely,

Smudge

HoCo Week 3

Glenelg at Hammond  - Not much to say about this one-sided matchup.  Glenelg RB Wande Owens will get on track this game.  Hammond is still rebuilding.  Glenelg by 5 scores. 

Oakland Mills at Mt.Hebron -  Oakland Mills will be able to pass all over Mt Hebron, but they can't quite play defense themselves and I expect Mt Hebron's Joey Schwartz to have a nice game.  I think it will be a close somewhat high scoring game but Oakland Mills finally winning their 1st game.  Oakland Mills by 2 scores

River Hill at Wilde Lake - Even though they are not as talented as their championship years they are still a hard team to beat.  They play smart and well within their skill set.  Being on the road definitely didn't bother River Hill last year, with 6 of its 7 wins coming on the road.  Unless Wilde Lake can spread them out and complete passes often I don't believe they will beat them.  River Hill by 2 scores

Atholton at Marriotts Ridge -  Not even sure which Atholton team shows up, the one that handled Wilde Lake or the one that was shutout by River Hill?  I think Marriotts Ridge is better than its 0-2 record. I think their triple option offense will give Atholton enough trouble to win.  Marriotts Ridge by 1 score

Reservoir at Howard - Reservoir usually plays Howard fairly tough and keep the score somewhat low and close.  But after noticing Howard handing a 42-0 shutout to the team (Mt Hebron) that scored 35 points on Reservoir I think this could get a little ugly.  Howard by 4 scores

Long Reach is on "Centennial Bye"

Long Week. I have been under the weather but here are my picks and power rankings. 

Howard

Long Reach

River Hill

Glenelg

Atholton

Oakland Mills

Marriotts Ridge

Wilde Lake

Mt Hebron

Reservior

Hammond

Glenelg by 4 tds over Hammond

Oakland Mills by 2 tds over Mt Hebron

Rivet Hill by 1 td over Wilde Lake

Atholton by 1 td over Marriotts Ridge

Howard by 5 tds over Reservior 

39 minutes ago, GDEF said:

Damn,,,,,and Damn Damn!!!!

3 hours ago, GDEF said:

Long Week. I have been under the weather but here are my picks and power rankings. 

Howard

Long Reach

River Hill

Glenelg

Atholton

Oakland Mills

Marriotts Ridge

Wilde Lake

Mt Hebron

Reservior

Hammond

Oakland Mills by 2 tds over Mt Hebron

Rivet Hill by 1 td over Wilde Lake

Atholton by 1 td over Marriotts Ridge

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

3 hours ago, GDEF said:

Damn,,,,,and Damn Damn!!!!

I think the margin of victory will be flop-flopped between the Howard and Glenelg games.  Reservoir usually plays Howard tough, so that game could be a little closer.

HoCo Week 4

Glenelg 23 at Hammond  6

Oakland Mills 52 at Mt.Hebron 15

River Hill 42  at Wilde Lake 0

Atholton 7 at Marriotts Ridge 2

Reservoir 6 at Howard 28

HoCo JV Scores

Glenelg 35 at Hammond  0

Oakland Mills  at Mt.Hebron  No score reported

River Hill 14  at Wilde Lake 7

Atholton 12 at Marriotts Ridge 0

Reservoir 0 at Howard 27

Long Reach 42 at Centennial 24

Attended the OM  game last night and happy to see them get their first W!!

OM defense had a great game score three times two pick 6s and one fumble recovery for a touchdown. Offense also had their way with the Vikings. 52-7 when OM pulled their starters. To be honest they could have easily put up 68 points and held the Vikings to only 7 points if the coaches wanted to be dicks. 

Good win for the Mill hopefully they carry the same energy and confidence to Marriotts ridge next week.

49 minutes ago, twelve said:

Attended the OM  game last night and happy to see them get their first W!!

OM defense had a great game score three times two pick 6s and one fumble recovery for a touchdown. Offense also had their way with the Vikings. 52-7 when OM pulled their starters. To be honest they could have easily put up 68 points and held the Vikings to only 7 points if the coaches wanted to be dicks. 

Good win for the Mill hopefully they carry the same energy and confidence to Marriotts ridge next week.

If they finally pulled their starters in the 4th qtr that would be a little disappointing to hear, especially since it sounded like a running clock. But other than that I am VERY HAPPY these guys got their 1st win. Marriotts Ridge is a tough defensive team.  Would love to see this game next Thursday.

Edited by ShoNuff07

23 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

HoCo Week 4

Glenelg 23 at Hammond  6

Oakland Mills 52 at Mt.Hebron 15

River Hill 42  at Wilde Lake 0

Atholton 7 at Marriotts Ridge 2

Reservoir 6 at Howard 28

Hmmm. Followed up on a la bamba 40 burger w a 50 burger. Thats a McDouble w cheese.

19 hours ago, Oil Can said:

Hmmm. Followed up on a la bamba 40 burger w a 50 burger. Thats a McDouble w cheese.

Oil Can,

I owe BVD a bottle of his favorite drank!  How dare I forget if there's someone that can shut down the Double Wing T is someone that runs a modified Wing T!  I figured they would win, but I should have predicted by more scores than just 2.  Do you know his favorite drank Oily ?!?!?

5 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Oil Can,

I owe BVD a bottle of his favorite drank!  How dare I forget if there's someone that can shut down the Double Wing T is someone that runs a modified Wing T!  I figured they would win, but I should have predicted by more scores than just 2.  Do you know his favorite drank Oily ?!?!?

No, BVD's favorite drink doesn't come in a single bottle but rather a mixed drink.  He likes 3 measures of gin, 1 measure of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon,  But it's VERY IMPORTANT that it's shaken and NOT stirred.  Okay, understand....

44 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

No, BVD's favorite drink doesn't come in a single bottle but rather a mixed drink.  He likes 3 measures of gin, 1 measure of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon,  But it's VERY IMPORTANT that it's shaken and NOT stirred.  Okay, understand....

I will keep that in mind!  He has his hands full this Thursday when Long Reach comes into Clarksville.  Would love to watch this game.  A battle of undefeated.

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I will keep that in mind!  He has his hands full this Thursday when Long Reach comes into Clarksville.  Would love to watch this game.  A battle of undefeated.

Think I'll check that one out myself. Right down the street.

Week 5 Predictions: (Based only on the 5 teams I have seen play)

LR vs. RH: I think this will be a great game we are all hoping for with it coming down to the wire. In the end I think the lighting will find a way to win late in the 4th quarter. LR by 1 score.

WL vs. Howard: The lions are the number 1 team in the county and will coast past WL with not much resistance. Howard by 4 scores.

MR vs. OM: Both these teams have had some tough losses. MR seems to have a stout defense  but don't seem to have the offense to put up the points to out gun the scorpions. OM will have to  have success both in the air and on the ground in order to get past MR. I think OM will have just enough offense to out score MR. OM by 1 score.

Hammond vs. Atholton: Hammond maybe the weakest team in the county this year and wont be able to hang with Atholton. Atholton by 3 scores.

Reservoir vs. Glenelg: The gators have struggled to this point but maybe a lot better than their record portrays. This games will start off with Reservoir coming out swing and maybe even getting out to a small lead on Glenelg, but in the end the Gladiators will grind this one out and get the W. Glenelg by 2 scores. 

Edited by twelve

15 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I will keep that in mind! .....

The drink is called the Vesper Martini.... 

Anybody got any other predictions for this weeks games? Primarily the RH vs LR game?

24 minutes ago, twelve said:

Anybody got any other predictions for this weeks games? Primarily the RH vs LR game?

Since your new to the message board... Why don't you give us your Long Reach vs River Hill prediction...

1 hour ago, ECF said:

Since your new to the message board... Why don't you give us your Long Reach vs River Hill prediction...

Lol I gave all my predictions look back a couple post...so since your obviously new to reading try writing your predictions lmao 

Just joking by the way don’t take it to serious lol

12 minutes ago, twelve said:

Lol I gave all my predictions look back a couple post...so since your obviously new to reading try writing your predictions lmao 

Just joking by the way don’t take it to serious lol

You got me...

Howard County Week 5

Marriotts Ridge at Oakland Mills: This is a hard game to predict!  Oakland Mills has proven they can put some points on the board BUT they can't really shut anyone down either.  However, Marriotts Ridge plays pretty good defense, but that triple option they are running is unable to produce enough points to win.  Game is at Oakland Mills, so right now I am taking the home squad.  Oakland Mills by 2 scores.

Hammond at Atholton: Hammond has scored only 18 points this season as they ride into Atholton to play a Raiders team riding a 3-game winning streak after getting "kabukid" by River Hill in their season opener.  The streak goes to 4 games.  Atholton by 3 scores.

Wilde Lake at Howard: After scoring 41 points against Hammond on opening day Wilde Lake has scored only 7 points in their last 3 games. This will probably be another long night for Wilde Lake in the Lions Den. Howard by 5 scores.

Reservoir vs. Glenelg: After being shutout in the battle for Elgard, Glenelg has won their last 3 games, but they have been against the Mt Hebron, Hammond and Marriotts Ridge by scoring roughly 50% less points than last year. But Reservoir is not that much better than Glenelg's last 3 opponents.  But then again, Reservoir lost to Mt Hebron.  Glenelg continues to win but not by much.  Glenelg by 2 scores.

Long Reach at River Hill: Going back and forth on this one, to be honest.  I don't like going against BVD and crew, but Long Reach is pretty good. Long Reach has more overall talent, so as of now I have to go with them.  But I wouldn't be surprise if River Hill keeps it close and pull it out in the 4th qtr, but deep down I don't believe they can do it this time.  Long Reach by 2 scores.

Patterson at Mt Hebron - I don't know anything about Patterson, just that they are 0-4 and only scored 4 TDs this year.  I will only give Mt Hebron the edge because they are at home.  Mt Hebron by 2 scores.

Hate to go with all home teams....

Edited by ShoNuff07
forgot about 1 game

I'll go with...

RH by 2 scores

Atholton by 3 scores 

MR by 1 score

Howard by 4 scores

Glenelg by 2 scores

Hebron plays Patterson this week
Edited by MDSOCCER

Week 5 Power Rankings

Howard
Long Reach
River Hill
Atholton
Oakland Mills
Glenelg
Reservoir
Marriotts Ridge
Wilde Lake
Mt. Hebron
Hammond

Week 5 Picks (5-0 last week and 12-3 overall)

Patterson at Mt. Hebron

I do not know much about Patterson other than the fact they are winless this year. The true Hebron has been showing their colors in recent weeks. I am only picking Hebron because us Hoco people have to stick together. Hebron by 1 TD

Long Reach at River Hill
Game of the week. 2 teams that play the game very differently. River Hill with a run/control the clock philosophy, and Long Reach a team that would prefer to light it up through the air. Long Reach has been able to depend on a good running attack behind its big O line. They will need to be good in this game to handle the slanting and blitzing style that the Hawks bring to the table. I think Long Reach wins because they know they have to win to keep the Super Bowl of next week alive. Long Reach by 2 TD's

Wilde Lake at Howard

Howard keeps rolling along taking care of business. Wilde Lake is in a free fall. Against teams not named Hammond, Wilde Lake has given up 90 points and only scored 7......thats rough. Howard can score very quickly and can do it through the Air or on the Ground. Howard averaged nearly 10 yards a play last week against Reservoir. Howard doesn't lose at home. Howard wins by 4 TD's 

Hammond at Atholton

Atholton has been one of the hotter teams in the league in recent weeks. They are not playing any heavy hitters, but they are taking care of business. Their Defense is carrying them. They fly around and create big plays. If they wanna hang with the big boys they better start scoring more. That has always been the downfall of Coach Carey. Not much more can be said about Hammond. They are a struggling program. They need a win badly, but it will not come this week. Atholton by 3 TDs

Marriotts Ridge at Oakland Mills

Oakland Mills finally did it! They didn't blow a game in the 4th quarter! The air raid attack worked and they put up big points last week. Marriotts Ridge is a solid defensive team and they will need to be on alert this week. Marriotts Ridge will need to control the clock with their triple option look. They less time OM's offense is on the field the better for the Mustangs. I do not have a feeling the Mustangs will be able to hold onto the ball long enough, or score enough to beat the Scoprs. Oakland Mills by 2 TD's

Reservoir at Glenelg

Glenelg had a tougher time finishing off Hammond than they should have. In their defense they are dealing with a ton of injuries and they do not have the same caliber line play in years past. Reservoir is a much better team than Hammond. They do have some athletes and I am calling for my 1st big upset of the year right here. Reservoir by 1 TD

10 hours ago, MDSOCCER said:
Hebron plays Patterson this week

Thanks very much MDSOCCER.  I added that game to my predictions...