Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoNuff07

Howard County Football 2017

393 posts in this topic

Congrats to River Hill Coach Brian Van Duesen being named Week 4 Baltimore Touchdown Club Coach of the Week

Week 5 Scores

Marriotts Ridge 27 at Oakland Mills 21

Hammond 6 at Atholton 10

Wilde Lake 13 at Howard 34

Reservoir 18 at Glenelg 35

Long Reach 6 at River Hill 42

Patterson 45 at Mt Hebron 40

Edited by ShoNuff07

They didn't come to play the 2 quarters I watched (2nd and 3rd). Sat in the LR section and realized they had more coaches in the stands than they did on the sideline. That game was a huge disappointment from a neutral observers standpoint. Big credit to BVD and the Hawks.

16 minutes ago, themamba said:

They didn't come to play the 2 quarters I watched (2nd and 3rd). Sat in the LR section and realized they had more coaches in the stands than they did on the sideline. That game was a huge disappointment from a neutral observers standpoint. Big credit to BVD and the Hawks.

Possibly could have County Co-Champs this season.

Man, I will NEVER go against BVD !!

1 minute ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Possibly could have County Co-Champs this season.

Man, I will NEVER go against BVD !!

Very good possibility.

OM, 1-4, with a +25:point differential. 2 overtime losses (by 1 and 6), to go with a 2 point loss (to River Hill) and a 3 point loss. smh

Glenelg has won 3 straight, without star running back Wande Owens. Tonight, QB Tyler Reiff ran for 121 yards on 11 carries, scoring 2 TD's. Reiff played with my nephew on the Columbia Ravens, with Howard's Devin Dawkins and Anthony Reid, Saleem Jackson of Wilde Lake,  and Eli Turner on Marriotts Ridge, among others. One of their best players, Cameron Watts, gave up football, as my nephew did, and plays bball at Boys Latin. Howard 's OC, Coach Reid, was the coach. Good times, 5 years worth. Great to these kids doing their thing at the next level.

Edited by themamba

6 hours ago, themamba said:

Glenelg has won 3 straight, without star running back Wande Owens. Tonight, QB Tyler Reiff ran for 121 yards on 11 carries, scoring 2 TD's. Reiff played with my nephew on the Columbia Ravens, with Howard's Devin Dawkins and Anthony Reid, Saleem Jackson of Wilde Lake,  and Eli Turner on Marriotts Ridge, among others. One of their best players, Cameron Watts, gave up football, as my nephew did, and plays bball at Boys Latin. Howard 's OC, Coach Reid, was the coach. Good times, 5 years worth. Great to these kids doing their thing at the next level.

That is a pretty good collection of players. I do know that Eli Turner has an offer to play at Cornell. I am sure the rest of these players will receive offers to play elsewhere.

So what happen to Wande Owens?

Disappointing loss by Long Reach. Their HC has turned around that program and with Howard up next I'm sure he will have those guys ready to play next week. River Hill 

Glad MT Hebron was able to find another opponent in Patterson, though looks like it was a lopsided game. 

4 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

That is a pretty good collection of players. I do know that Eli Turner has an offer to play at Cornell. I am sure the rest of these players will receive offers to play elsewhere.

Foot, may be a fracture, growth plate. Not positive.

47 minutes ago, Dub said:

Disappointing loss by Long Reach. Their HC has turned around that program and with Howard up next I'm sure he will have those guys ready to play next week. River Hill 

Glad MT Hebron was able to find another opponent in Patterson, though looks like it was a lopsided game. 

It was a back and forth 45-40 game. Not lopsided. 2 teams that aren't very good. Had someone tell me it looked like Patterson had just 20 or so players. He also said a kid had 6 TD's for Patterson, including 2 kickoff returns. Again, don't know the validity of the report.

Mamba, I totally misread the score. Some reason I saw it as 45-6. Guess with seeing the Ravens and Long Reach games my brain is now only seeing scores in lopsided ways, smh. 

Edited by Dub

1 hour ago, Dub said:

Mamba, I totally misread the score. Some reason I saw it as 45-6. Guess with seeing the Ravens and Long Reach games my brain is now only seeing scores in lopsided ways, smh. 

If you read the score from from "Howard County Varsity Roundup 28 Sept" article that probably thrown you . They only reported the Mt Hebron scoring drives...which threw me off a bit. In fact, the Howard/Wilde Lake game shows only Howard scoring drives....

Edited by ShoNuff07

HoCo JV Football Week 5 Scores

Hammond 0 at Atholton 35

Wilde Lake 0 at Howard 34

Reservoir 20 at Glenelg 21

Long Reach 28 at River Hill 14

Centennial 14 at Mt Hebron 21

Marriotts Ridge 14  at Oakland Mills  7

Edited by ShoNuff07
update scores

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

HoCo JV Football Week 5 Scores

Hammond 0 at Atholton 35

Wilde Lake 0 at Howard 34

Reservoir 20 at Glenelg 21

Long Reach 25 at River Hill 12

Centennial 14 at Mt Hebron 21

Marriotts Ridge at Oakland Mills  - **no score report via County Sports Zone web site**

Long Reach 28

River Hill 14

15 hours ago, themamba said:

OM, 1-4, with a +25:point differential. 2 overtime losses (by 1 and 6), to go with a 2 point loss (to River Hill) and a 3 point loss. smh

God bless their coaches and players.  That's heartbreaking.

3 hours ago, ECF said:

Long Reach 28

River Hill 14

Thanks, I made the changes.

7 hours ago, ECF said:

Long Reach 28

River Hill 14

WHAT!!!!!!  :o   Heads are gonna roll for porkin' with The DayWalker over this LR - BVD score.....

11 hours ago, themamba said:

Wow.  Hope that's not right.  That could be devastating for that young man's future.

21 hours ago, themamba said:

9 hours ago, Tooch43 said:

Wow.  Hope that's not right.  That could be devastating for that young man's future.

Tooch43,

Are you saying this type of injury could be a lingering one for quite a while?

On 9/29/2017 at 5:57 AM, ShoNuff07 said:

Eli Turner is a good kid.. His brother Aaron is gonna be special.

2 hours ago, meth007 said:

Eli Turner is a good kid.. His brother Aaron is gonna be special.

That is real good to hear Meth.  Looking forward in seeing Aaron play as well.

Week 6 Power Rankings

Howard

River Hill

Long Reach

Glenelg

Atholton

Marriotts Ridge

Oakland MIlls

Reservoir

Wilde Lake

Mt Hebron

Hammond

Week 6 picks

Mt. Hebron at River Hill

River Hill has answered every test thrown there way this season. We all know how good of a coach BVD is. Quality coaches are determined by how well they do with how little they may have. I would not say River Hill is loaded with talent like they were in the golden years of the program, but regardless RH keeps notching wins. Hebron is bad. Losing to Patterson last week is not good. They gave up 40 points to a team that previously only scored 4 touchdowns the entire season. The only good thing going for Hebron is they have a good band. River Hill by 4 TD's

Marriotts Ridge at Reservoir
 Marriotts Ridge is always a tough team. They are well coached for the most part and make very few mistakes. They have an athletic QB in Eli Turner. Beating an athletic team like Oakland Mills last week was impressive. Reservoir is struggling. Its hard to find another win on their schedule for the rest of the year. If Reservoir had some of the traits of Marriotts Ridge they would be a much more successful program. MR by 1 TD

Oakland Mills at Hammond
Oakland Mills is boom or bust this year. Its been mostly bust though. They need to stop throwing interceptions and play a much smarter brand of football. This team is way too talented to have only 1 win thus far. Hammond is struggling. When they walk off the bus you see size and some athletes, but it has not translated on the field yet. I do not think the Golden Bears win a game this year. Oakland Mills by 2 TD's

Glenelg at Atholton
Atholton has been on a roll lately. I had low expectations for them entering the season. I still think their offense is below average, but they are able to survive with an athletic and aggressive defense. They still have to play the top tier teams in the league, starting tonight with Glenelg, and if they want to win these games they need to find a way to score more points. Glenelg has done a nice job handling their injuries this year. They have had some terrible luck trying to stay healthy. They still have a chance at the playoffs. I am not sure if Wande will be back in time anyway, but making the playoffs will give him a chance to come back. I do not think Atholton has enough on offense to beat one of the good teams in the county. Glenelg by 2 TD's

Howard at Long Reach
The game of the week. The rivalry game. The game took a little bit of a hit since Long Reach got blown out by River Hill last week. Long Reach has not been stealer the year. Even in their wins they have not played up to their preseason hype. A win this week changes the entire seasons perspective. Long Reach cannot turn the ball over like last week and cannot give up as many sacks. The Senior heavy O line needs to be much better if the Lightning are going to have a chance this week. Howard has been rolling along this year. Easy wins every week. The two headed rushing attack of Dawkins and Agabi have been the force of the Lions offense attack. The defensive starters have only given up 1 TD this year. None of that matters though. With a game like this its all about who can handle their emotions and execute. Last year the game came down to the final play. I think it will be a similar scenario. Howard by 1 TD

On 9/28/2017 at 9:41 PM, ShoNuff07 said:

Week 5 Scores

Marriotts Ridge 27 at Oakland Mills 21

Hammond 6 at Atholton 10

Wilde Lake 13 at Howard 34

Reservoir 18 at Glenelg 35

Long Reach 6 at River Hill 42

Patterson 45 at Mt Hebron 40

A Wendy's triple? This cant keep up. I dont even think they make a burger w 4 patties.