Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoNuff07

Howard County Football 2017

380 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, roarmd28 said:

I'm hearing that Howard has scheduled a game against Caravel from Delaware?  Assuming this is true, how do playoff points work for such games?

 

Edit: never mind I found out about how the playoff points work.

They now have it posted on the schedule via MaxPreps, so I guess this is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week One Predictions:

 
Atholton at River Hill
 
Revenge should be on Atholton's mind. Week 8 last year they were hosting River Hill during their homecoming AND celebrating the school's 50th Anniversary.  A win here would have put Atholton in the drivers seat in getting into the playoffs. But they get shut out 9-0 and lose their chances in making the playoffs.  I want to think these guys will come out and get their revenge, but we are talking about playing against BVD. As was stated earlier, River Hill don't have the quality players they had in their championship years, but their offense still gives teams a fit. I want to pick Atholton but I do not trust them, not at all. River Hill by 1 score.
 
Oakland Mills at Long Reach
 
While I do agree with others that the T-shirts and Shorts/7 on 7 season shouldn't be a measuring stick of what to come in the Fall,  but it was very difficult watching Oakland Mills during the Ho Co league. I didn't see many athletes.  But then again, we are talking about Touch Football. But unless the 2-Time HoCo 100M sprinter Cameron Vereen is playing and they find better ways to get him good touches can't see them hanging with Long Reach and their stable of athletes, even with Chad Brown transferring to St Frances. I believe this will get out of hand pretty early. Long Reach by 4 scores.
 
Reservoir at Mt. Hebron
I know this kind of sounds crazy, but last year Reservoir was probably the best 4-6 team in the area. They lost their first 6 games, losing 4 of them by one score. They bounced back to win their last 4 games, including a win over playoff team Long Reach. They have some talent coming back to include Navy commit Athlete Ebissa Samba.  Mt Hebron is going through some changes.  New head coach, starting QB possibly unable to play this year, a top playmaker in Athlete Walter Nelson transferring to Gwynn Park.  They still have RB/SB Joey Schwartz, but he needs more help Could be a very rough season for Mt Hebron.   Reservoir by 4 scores.
 
Glenelg at Howard
 
Big game for both teams. Glenelg can be in the drivers seat with a win at Howard especially since they don't have to play Long Reach. Losing 4/5 of a experience/huge OL to graduation Glenelg must find other ways to move the ball besides handing off the ball to HoCo OPOY Wande Owens 356 times. Howard lost their head coach Bruce Strunk and a talented senior class, but they bring back RB Devin Dawkins and some other talented pieces.  New head coach Ross Hannon also kept most of the coaching staff and vow not to make changes, so the team should basically play the same way like the past 4 years since becoming 4A team.  Hard to beat Howard at home.  Howard by 2 scores.
 
Hammond at Wilde Lake
Hammond is still in rebuilding mode.  At this time I don't believe they have enough juice to beat any of the middle-of-the-road teams in Ho Co. Wilde Lake has a couple of athletes, including All County defenders Saleem Jackson, Abu McGruder and Osita Smith.  Wilde Lake by 3 scores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Curious, please refresh my recollection on why Strunk departed Howard....the official reason and the truth, if they are not the same.

My understanding is that for the past 3 years Coach Strunk pretty much bump heads with Howard's AD and Administration in how to discipline a player. So he stated what Popeye said in "I had all I can stand...I can't stands no more"...and left.

Edited by ShoNuff07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three days left for the 7 HOCO schools that need games to find them. Probably too late for Marriotts Ridge to get a Week 1 opponent. Still a chance for Reservoir, Atholton and Glenelg to get something done though.

 

Week 1 (Marriotts Ridge)- Mount Carmel, Ben Franklin, FAET, Southwestern

Week 2 (Reservior)- Seaford (DE), Saint Andrew's (DE)

Week 3 (River Hill)- No MD teams open

Week 4 (Long Reach)- No MD teams open

Week 5- Patterson at Mount Hebron

Week 6 (Wilde Lake)- No MD teams open

Week 7- Caravel (DE) at Howard

Week 8 (Atholton)- SEED School of MD, National Christian, CALVERT HALL, RIVERDALE BAPTIST

Week 9- Hammond at Kent County

Week 10 (Glenelg)- SAINT MARY'S RYKEN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Week One Predictions:

 
Atholton at River Hill
 
Revenge should be on Atholton's mind. Week 8 last year they were hosting River Hill during their homecoming AND celebrating the school's 50th Anniversary.  A win here would have put Atholton in the drivers seat in getting into the playoffs. But they get shut out 9-0 and lose their chances in making the playoffs.  I want to think these guys will come out and get their revenge, but we are talking about playing against BVD. As was stated earlier, River Hill don't have the quality players they had in their championship years, but their offense still gives teams a fit. I want to pick Atholton but I do not trust them, not at all. River Hill by 1 score.
 
Oakland Mills at Long Reach
 
While I do agree with others that the T-shirts and Shorts/7 on 7 season shouldn't be a measuring stick of what to come in the Fall,  but it was very difficult watching Oakland Mills during the Ho Co league. I didn't see many athletes.  But then again, we are talking about Touch Football. But unless the 2-Time HoCo 100M sprinter Cameron Vereen is playing and they find better ways to get him good touches can't see them hanging with Long Reach and their stable of athletes, even with Chad Brown transferring to St Frances. I believe this will get out of hand pretty early. Long Reach by 4 scores.
 
Reservoir at Mt. Hebron
I know this kind of sounds crazy, but last year Reservoir was probably the best 4-6 team in the area. They lost their first 6 games, losing 4 of them by one score. They bounced back to win their last 4 games, including a win over playoff team Long Reach. They have some talent coming back to include Navy commit Athlete Ebissa Samba.  Mt Hebron is going through some changes.  New head coach, starting QB possibly unable to play this year, a top playmaker in Athlete Walter Nelson transferring to Gwynn Park.  They still have RB/SB Joey Schwartz, but he needs more help Could be a very rough season for Mt Hebron.   Reservoir by 4 scores.
 
Glenelg at Howard
 
Big game for both teams. Glenelg can be in the drivers seat with a win at Howard especially since they don't have to play Long Reach. Losing 4/5 of a experience/huge OL to graduation Glenelg must find other ways to move the ball besides handing off the ball to HoCo OPOY Wande Owens 356 times. Howard lost their head coach Bruce Strunk and a talented senior class, but they bring back RB Devin Dawkins and some other talented pieces.  New head coach Ross Hannon also kept most of the coaching staff and vow not to make changes, so the team should basically play the same way like the past 4 years since becoming 4A team.  Hard to beat Howard at home.  Howard by 2 scores.
 
Hammond at Wilde Lake
Hammond is still in rebuilding mode.  At this time I don't believe they have enough juice to beat any of the middle-of-the-road teams in Ho Co. Wilde Lake has a couple of athletes, including All County defenders Saleem Jackson, Abu McGruder and Osita Smith.  Wilde Lake by 3 scores.

I have a few disagreements with you here.

1. After seeing some of Atholton's practice in which they scrimmaged themselves, I think they have some hidden talent that many have yet to see yet. And sources that have been keeping an eye on river hill seem to think they don't have the scoring power this year to hang with any offense based games. So with that being said I take Atholton by 2 scores.

2. Now it may be due to me being an OM alum but I don't think they are as bad as many think this year. They certainly wont be a playoff team this year but I do know there is a lot of talent on the team some of which did not participate during the 7 on 7. I do think long reach is the  bigger and more physical team and therefore they should go home with a W, but I think they win by 2 scores not 4.

I wish I could be at the howard vs glenelg game. Pretty sure the winner of that game wins the county, however I think it will be a close game with howard winning in the last few mins by 1 score. That's very specific I know but I think this game will be a real thriller.

Edited by twelve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

RIP to a good friend, Coach Sam Singleton. We shared so many great times, on the field and off. #ScorpionStrong

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, themamba said:

RIP to a good friend, Coach Sam Singleton. We shared so many great times on the field and off. #ScorpionStrong

Loved Sam, great man. RIP Coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BearBryant13 said:

Loved Sam, great man. RIP Coach.

He was. He left a legacy on the tight-knit community based on Kilimanjaro. The out-pouring of support today to Mrs Singleton, Missy, Korey and Sam has been is a testament to how many lives he touched.

I often talk about Oakland Mills being the most legendary track program in MPSAA history, and have spoken of my former Coach, Coach Walker, who now has the county championships named after him, as being the architect. Well, Sam took it to another level.

Oakland Mills has won 13 boys Track & Field state championships, more than anyone in the state. Since its first team in '75, it has 6 more state titles than the next closest two. Similarily, no one has more boys Indoor Track state titles than OM since its inception. Fairmount Heights has 10 overall, 8 like Oakland Mills since it opened.

Sam coached the Scorpions to 8 state titles in the 11 seasons in outdoor from '92-02, before accepting the head football coach and track coach at not yet opened Reservoir. Sam coached the indoor team to 6 state titles in those 11 seasons. 22 seasons, 14 state championships, 3 2nd place finishes. HOF, 1st ballot. 

His son, Korey, still holds the Howard County record of rushing yards per game, more than great backs named Wall, Campanaro, Smoot, Hamlin, Redd, even Davis and Owens, who have respectively broke the single-season record for rushing yards. Korey averaged 201.9 rushing yards per game in '90. Sam assisted on the gridiron for 14 years for the Scorpions.

But Sam's biggest legacy is the relationships he built at Oakland Mills, before he won all of those 14 state titles with the Scorpions, while he was doing it, and up until today. No one will forget him. Great man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 2:31 PM, twelve said:

I have a few disagreements with you here.

1. After seeing some of Atholton's practice in which they scrimmaged themselves, I think they have some hidden talent that many have yet to see yet. And sources that have been keeping an eye on river hill seem to think they don't have the scoring power this year to hang with any offense based games. So with that being said I take Atholton by 2 scores.

2. Now it may be due to me being an OM alum but I don't think they are as bad as many think this year. They certainly wont be a playoff team this year but I do know there is a lot of talent on the team some of which did not participate during the 7 on 7. I do think long reach is the  bigger and more physical team and therefore they should go home with a W, but I think they win by 2 scores not 4.

I wish I could be at the howard vs glenelg game. Pretty sure the winner of that game wins the county, however I think it will be a close game with howard winning in the last few mins by 1 score. That's very specific I know but I think this game will be a real thriller.

Believe me Twelve, I would love to pick Atholton, in fact I think they are the better team.  But Atholton were even better last year and River Hill was even worst and they went into Atholton on their homecoming AND 50th Year Anniversary celebration weekend and shut them out.  It is VERY hard to count out Brian Van Deusen and what he does with his team. Now if Atholton wins I have no beef in coming back on this board and stating I am wrong.  But right now if you are just as average as River Hill looks then they will find a way to pull it off.

 

Oh yeah....it suppose to rain quite a bit this weekend.  That may slow some teams down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Baltimore Sun 2017 Metro Area Football Preview

 

Metro Area Pre-Season Top 15 Poll  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-poll-2017-story.html

#7 - Howard

#14 - Glenelg

#15 - Long Reach

 

Metro Area Top Offensive Players to Watch http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-offensive-players-2017-story.html

Devin Dawkins Jr  RB  Howard - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4632813/581e13ccbd75201368978d50

Reggie Dillion  Sr OL   Long Reach - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/9051195/57f283bd7bddf70e180583b4

Wande Owens Jr  RB   Glenelg - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6307626/583b140bc124de2a44f4a2d5

Spencer Willis  Sr  OL  Long Reach - https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3907486/57f2ca8411fa7f603883b237

 

Metro Area Top Defensive Players to Watch http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-defensive-players-2017-story.html

Beau Brade              So  DB  River Hill - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7843191/583b90ce5b3cd824500132d6

Saleem Jackson       Jr  DB  Wilde Lake - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4163616/582b244011fa7f37d0388af2

Phil Johnson IV         Sr   DL   Glenelg - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7989919/584b80ad5b3cb0215c969d09

Ryan Kearney          Sr  LB   Howard - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1698134/583b23badfd8b9282c4437f7

Cooper McGeehan   Sr    P    River Hill - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4186365/587459d0b018fd10ec072c9b

Mike Seleznik            Sr    DL  Long Reach - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/9051204/57e7f602f61708a4e86aa4de

Edited by ShoNuff07
Add highlights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard County Football Pre-Season Review, courtesy of the Howard County Sports section of the Baltimore Sun

Overall Howard County Football Preview: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/sports/ph-hs-football-preview-2017-story.html

Selected Pre-Season Team Interviews:

Glenelg:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/sports/94296368-132.html

 

Long Reach:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/sports/94309142-132.html

 

Howard:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/sports/94358492-132.html

 

River Hill:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/sports/94424555-132.html

Edited by ShoNuff07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me fair-weathered, but if this rain keeps up, I'll scrap the Elgard Bowl for CFB - notably the end of Michigan-Florida, if its close, as it should be. 'Bama-FSU at 8 is must-see television, putting my reservation in the Lions Den on shaky terms to begin with. If it clears, I'll stay at least until half. If its a barn-burner (npi), Saban and Jimbo can wait, as this CFB headliner of heavyweights will finish close to midnight. Watching two of the best junior running backs in the state makes watching just 3 quarters of the Crimson Tide and Seminoles much easier. Provided I'm dry, and provided its a goodie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHAT IT IS MAMBA.....what can we expect from River Hill this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AgentOrange said:

WHAT IT IS MAMBA.....what can we expect from River Hill this year? 

You know me, everthing is Gucci.

As menioned in this thread, the Hawks should be decent, thats about it. I think we all acknowledge BVD's usual advantage on the sideline, and rightfully so, but without the right number of high quality Jimmy and Joes, that advantage dissipates. When you factor in the level of the high quality Jimmies and Joes the Hawks had in their heyday, and what they've had the last few seasons, that level of success has evaporated.

The first tell-tale sign of this, as I've mentioned before, dates back to that October night in 2013, when the Hammond Bears shocked the world, and beat a team that had won 4 state titles in 6 years, and dominated the county for nearly a decade.

Coming into that night, the Hawks had won 94 of their last 100 games, including 30 in a row, 68 of 69 at home (L to ATH, 14-0 in '11), and 69 of 71 county games dating back to '05. They left the night, shaking their heads about how on Earth did Tyler Martin and the Bears beat them for a second time in 3 years, despite their success against all of the others.

Martin, with a huge hand from super soph' Deandre House, carved the Hawks up through the air to the tune of 31-41 for 441 yards and 6 touchdowns. House finished with 6 catches for 136 yards and 3 touchdowns. They hadn't given up 47 points in their previous 32 quarters, and had allowed 4 points per game through 6 games (6-0) that season.

Since, the Hawks are 23-17, middle of the pack. Before that game, the Hawks had not only gone 94-6 in their previous 100 games overall, but they scored 28 or more in 78 of them. Since, the Hawks have scored more than 28 points 9 times in 40 games.

We go back to the Jimmy and Joes. Gone are those family trees planted in the late 90's and turn of the century. Those trees included the Hostetler tree (Matt, Dan, Ben, Luke), that stood for 12 years, the Martin tree (Chris, Tyler, Zach), that stood for 8 years, the Campanaro tee (Nick, Mike), that stood for 4 very strong years, and the Nowak tight end tree (Ben, Greg), that lasted for 6. Nevermind not finding any ringers like Redd and Eaddy, or having any KJ's or Coales.

Some blame the urban-suburban sprawl happening in Howard County, being unforgivable to the trees, ruining Jimmy Rouse's vision of a suburban utopia. I just blame it on less Jimmie's, and far less Joe's.

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard 34 Glenelg 0 F

   - Robby Porter throws 10-15 for 137 yards.

     Dawkins, 3 TD's. Owens - 39 yds, 17 att

------------------

River Hill 16 Atholton 0 F

    - Champion 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD

     McGeeghan 36 yd F

-------------------

Wilde Lake 41 Hammond 6 F

    - 'Cats 303 rushing yards on 41 carries

      Saleem Jackson 11-101-2

-------------------

Mt Hebron 35 Reservoir 21 F

    - Joey Schwartz 4 TD's for the Vikes

-------------------

Long Reach 29 Oakland Mills 28 F

    - Scorpions score as time expires, bad snap 2PA

     Kadarrian Booker 4 TD's for the Lightning

    

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, themamba said:

Howard 34 Glenelg 0 F

River Hill 16 Atholton 0 F

Wilde Lake 41 Hammond 6 F

Mt Hebron 35 Reservoir 21 F

Long Reach 29 Oakland Mills 28 F

   - Scorpions score as time expires, bad snap 2PA

Howard 34 Glenelg 0 F - It really wasn't pretty at all.  If Wande Owens got 50 yards I would be VERY surprised.

River Hill 16 Atholton 0 F - BVD does his thang!  Hard to bet against him.

Wilde Lake 41 Hammond 6 F - Hammond still has growing pain.

Mt Hebron 35 Reservoir 21 F - SHOCKER of the evening! How on earth did Reservoir lose this game?

Long Reach 29 Oakland Mills 28 F - I guess Twelve was correct about his boys. Sound like they could have won this game AT LONG REACH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Howard 34 Glenelg 0 F - It really wasn't pretty at all.  If Wande Owens got 50 yards I would be VERY surprised.

 

17 carries, 39 yards. Tonight and the regional finals of last year v Franklin are the 2 games he's been held to less than 92 yards in the 16 he's played.

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mamba - did you make it our to watch Oakland Mills play Long Reach?  I am wondering how did they managed to score 28 points on Long Reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

65 yard pass play for a TD, then a short QB keeper in the 1st half. Went up 22-13 on a 2 yard run up the gut. Then, tied up the game on a 12 yard pass play thrown into double coverage, tapped up, then caught by OM receiver in the end zone with no time remaining. 4 turnovers by the Lightning were a big factor. More chances. Several trick plays, too.

Kadarrian Booker scored 4 TD's for the Lightning.

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Long Reach missed Chad Brown the FS from last year on defense. Even with 4 turnovers LR still scored points, which is a good sign. 

Edited by Dub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, themamba said:

You know me, everthing is Gucci.

As menioned in this thread, the Hawks should be decent, thats about it. I think we all acknowledge BVD's usual advantage on the sideline, and rightfully so, but without the right number of high quality Jimmy and Joes, that advantage dissipates. When you factor in the level of the high quality Jimmies and Joes the Hawks had in their heyday, and what they've had the last few seasons, that level of success has evaporated.

The first tell-tale sign of this, as I've mentioned before, dates back to that October night in 2013, when the Hammond Bears shocked the world, and beat a team that had won 4 state titles in 6 years, and dominated the county for nearly a decade.

Coming into that night, the Hawks had won 94 of their last 100 games, including 30 in a row, 68 of 69 at home (L to ATH, 14-0 in '11), and 69 of 71 county games dating back to '05. They left the night, shaking their heads about how on Earth did Tyler Martin and the Bears beat them for a second time in 3 years, despite their success against all of the others.

Martin, with a huge hand from super soph' Deandre House, carved the Hawks up through the air to the tune of 31-41 for 441 yards and 6 touchdowns. House finished with 6 catches for 136 yards and 3 touchdowns. They hadn't given up 47 points in their previous 32 quarters, and had allowed 4 points per game through 6 games (6-0) that season.

Since, the Hawks are 23-17, middle of the pack. Before that game, the Hawks had not only gone 94-6 in their previous 100 games overall, but they scored 28 or more in 78 of them. Since, the Hawks have scored more than 28 points 9 times in 40 games.

We go back to the Jimmy and Joes. Gone are those family trees planted in the late 90's and turn of the century. Those trees included the Hostetler tree (Matt, Dan, Ben, Luke), that stood for 12 years, the Martin tree (Chris, Tyler, Zach), that stood for 8 years, the Campanaro tee (Nick, Mike), that stood for 4 very strong years, and the Nowak tight end tree (Ben, Greg), that lasted for 6. Nevermind not finding any ringers like Redd and Eaddy, or having any KJ's or Coales.

Some blame the urban-suburban sprawl happening in Howard County, being unforgivable to the trees, ruining Jimmy Rouse's vision of a suburban utopia. I just blame it on less Jimmie's, and far less Joe's.

Yep. When the Campanaros sold their home in the Centenial district to move to RH it was bought by Asians. When they sold their home in RH it was bought by Asians. When the Martins sold their home it was bought by an Asian doctor. When the Johnsons sold their condo it was bought by Asians. When the Hostetlers sell their home guess who's gonna buy it. It takes its toll. You dont have to look any further than Centennial for proof. We know Asians are athletic cause Bruce Lee could have kicked any of our arses but how many Asian All County football players have there been in the last 10 years? I cant remember one from RH.

Edited by Oil Can
Spe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil, thanks for clearing that up, albeit at 3AM. My take from this is that I missed out on 48k in commission (at 2.5%, w/ a 90% split) in those 4 sales. Potentially tens of thousands more if I could have had both sides on one or more. I bet you Northrup got it all. Greedy bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Oil Can said:

Yep. When the Campanaros sold their home in the Centenial district to move to RH it was bought by Asians. When they sold their home in RH it was bought by Asians. When the Martins sold their home it was bought by an Asian doctor. When the Johnsons sold their condo it was bought by Asians. When the Hostetlers sell their home guess who's gonna buy it. It takes its toll. You dont have to look any further than Centennial for proof. We know Asians are athletic cause Bruce Lee could have kicked any of our arses but how many Asian All County football players have there been in the last 10 years? I cant remember one from RH.

Tsusa Matsui was a 2nd team all county CB at centennial in 2007.  Kyle Young was a 1st team all-county LB at Cent in 2009 (2nd team in 2008 I believe).  But yeah, point taken.  Demographics play a huge role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Record watch.

Kadarrian Booker set a Long Reach single-game rushing mark last night, with 269 yards on 32 carries, according to my records, tying Rob Hauff (Centennial '94) for 18th all-time on the HoCo list. Allen Cross' ('10-11) Lightning single-season records of 1,395 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns may be in jeopardy.

Despite a sub-par performance, Glenelg's Wande Owens moved past Howard's Guy Smith ('91-93) to 16th all-time in career rushing yards in HoCo, with 2,839. With 100 yards, Owens would move past Aaron Wells (RH '11-12), Damon Hamlin (WL 89-91), Chris Eccleston (MTH '03-05), AJ Benavitiola (HOW '08-10), and Vinnie Rubbo (OM '96-98), to 11th all-time. With 200, he surpasses Matt Winger (ATH '03-05) into the top 10.

Several River Hill passing and catching records are on alert in Clarksville. Luke Champion threw for 152 completions for 1,498 yards last year, and needs 123 completions and 1,798 yards this year to break Matt Hostetler's career passing records that have held for 16 years. The Hawks Brendan McKenna needs 39 receptions to break Greg Nowak's all-time mark, set 11 years ago. McKenna had 56 receptions last year, second most all-time at River Hill, behind Nowak's brother Ben's 63, set in '03. 

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, themamba said:

Oil, thanks for clearing that up, albeit at 3AM. My take from this is that I missed out on 48k in commission (at 2.5%, w/ a 90% split) in those 4 sales. Potentially tens of thousands more if I could have had both sides on one or more. I bet you Northrup got it all. Greedy bastard.

You are grasping for straws if you look at the 'Tyler Martin Game' as anything other than an aberation. That kid never had a game like that before or after that one but he did have one hell of a game. Actually, more like one hell of a half. It was only after they flushed the game plan down the toilet at half time down 28-14 and on the ropes. He needed every one of those 31 receptions to squeak by a pretty good RH football team. That team was two referee ball spots away from returning to Ravens Stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0