hst2

11 Powerful Images Depicting The Realities of Reverse Racism

56 posts in this topic

A.  Why would I click a link to an unknown unquoted place?

B.  There is only racism.  It does not go backward or forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demopublican said:

B.  There is only racism.  It does not go backward or forward

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting! On another note, Alien is heading towards his 20th year here (Dam). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you read the comments?

 

Here's a good one for hst2:

Alisa Jamerson

White people might not experience systemic racism, but they CAN be victims of reverse racism. It might not be as extreme as some of the examples in the post, but it can still occur, and it's just as unfair as racism against minorities.
 
If a black woman says this, who is hst2 to disagree? He's a white guy, after all. Enjoy the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just more excuses for racial discrimination against white people.  More proof that some people just don't want equality, they want special privileges and preferences ie. superiority instead of equality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rationale of segregation thus implies that the oppressed a a pariah people. This ideology was born in slavery and remained alive to rationalize the second-class citienship imposed on African Americans after Reconstruction

                       ------------------------------------------ Lies My Teacher Told me.

 

Without racism there wouldn't be the myth of reverse racism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a strange thread. Not sure what "reverse racism" is or what the message in the link is even trying to get across. (I did click the link and it's a safe site)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Just more excuses for racial discrimination against white people.  More proof that some people just don't want equality, they want special privileges and preferences ie. superiority instead of equality.  

:lol: 

That's quite a conclusion to make from a webpage that said very little. Perhaps you could elaborate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

:lol: 

That's quite a conclusion to make from a webpage that said very little. Perhaps you could elaborate. 

I think the post was very clear in its message.  I didn't come to this conclusion from that web page.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, demopublican said:

A.  Why would I click a link to an unknown unquoted place?

B.  There is only racism.  It does not go backward or forward

BINGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, no white person has ever been asked where he or she originally came from?  Total BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, no white person has ever been asked where he or she originally came from?  Total BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baltimatt said:

So, no white person has ever been asked where he or she originally came from?  Total BS.

The OP has his head in the sand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

This is a strange thread. Not sure what "reverse racism" is or what the message in the link is even trying to get across. (I did click the link and it's a safe site)

Substitute "dumb" for "strange" and I would agree with you 100%. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

I think the post was very clear in its message.  I didn't come to this conclusion from that web page.

 

Well I am truly sorry you see attacks on Whites everywhere. Must be a sucky way to live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heisenberg said:

Well I am truly sorry you see attacks on Whites everywhere. Must be a sucky way to live. 

Now you are jumping to conclusions not in evidence.  I didn't say anything at all about attacks on whites.  My simple premise is that we should all be treated equally under the law as the 14th amendment demands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Now you are jumping to conclusions not in evidence.  I didn't say anything at all about attacks on whites.  My simple premise is that we should all be treated equally under the law as the 14th amendment demands. 

Seriously? You claimed this link was "proof" that "some people" desire racial superiority. Sounds like you are seeing the OP's link as an attack on whites to me. :lol:

Edited by Heisenberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Now you are jumping to conclusions not in evidence.  I didn't say anything at all about attacks on whites.  My simple premise is that we should all be treated equally under the law as the 14th amendment demands. 

The socio-economic injustices done to Blacks, and are still done to Blacks calls for a political remedy. Affirmative action is such a remedy. Whites climb up the ladder on the backs of Blacks and then call down to them that they would help them but it would contradict their own devotion to equality under law.

This reasoning makes a mockery of such devotions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet when California took away affirmative action it was the Asians that benefited.  I'll wait for the racist narrative of Asians climbing up the ladder on the backs of Blacks but I won't hold my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The socio-economic injustices done to Blacks, and are still done to Blacks calls for a political remedy. Affirmative action is such a remedy. Whites climb up the ladder on the backs of Blacks and then call down to them that they would help them but it would contradict their own devotion to equality under law.

This reasoning makes a mockery of such devotions.

 

Your post makes a mockery of anyone who has improved their lot, without regard  to race or any other factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Your post makes a mockery of anyone who has improved their lot, without regard  to race or any other factor.

It's his racism coming to the fore and he just can't help himself.B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A perfect example of reverse discrimination took place in 1978 UC Medical School.  

 

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/supremecourt/rights/landmark_regents.html

 

In Regents of University of California v. Bakke (1978), the Supreme Court ruled that a university's use of racial "quotas" in its admissions process was unconstitutional, but a school's use of "affirmative action" to accept more minority applicants was constitutional in some circumstances. The case involved the admissions practices of the Medical School of the University of California at Davis. The medical school reserved 16 out of 100 seats in its entering class for minorities, including "Blacks," "Chicanos," "Asians," and "American Indians." The rigid admissions quota was administered by a special school committee. Allan Bakke, a white applicant, was twice denied admission to the medical school even though his MCAT scores, GPA, and benchmark scores were "significantly higher" than those of some minority applicants recently admitted.

Edited by flyboy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, demopublican said:

A.  Why would I click a link to an unknown unquoted place?

Sometimes reading the link helps if you want to contribute to the topic.

Edited by Calamari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now