hst2

11 Powerful Images Depicting The Realities of Reverse Racism

56 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The socio-economic injustices done to Blacks, and are still done to Blacks calls for a political remedy. Affirmative action is such a remedy. Whites climb up the ladder on the backs of Blacks and then call down to them that they would help them but it would contradict their own devotion to equality under law.

This reasoning makes a mockery of such devotions.

Now that's hilarious.  Keep telling yourself fairytales, it makes dealing with the reality of life more palatable.

34 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Yet when California took away affirmative action it was the Asians that benefited.  I'll wait for the racist narrative of Asians climbing up the ladder on the backs of Blacks but I won't hold my breath.

Asian Americans are not one group, but represent a variety of groups. Asian-Americans who have been under-represented in higher education, such as Vietnamese, Thai, Lao, Burmese, Filipino, Hmong, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander students benefit from Affirmative Action.

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Seriously? You claimed this link was "proof" that "some people" desire racial superiority. Sounds like you are seeing the OP's link as an attack on whites to me. :lol:

Just another piece of evidence that some people desire a racially superior position.  I didn't say anything about any "attacks".

13 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Sometimes reading the link helps if you want to contribute to the topic.

But why not show the others what we are clicking on? 

Just an uncommented link is just trolling

31 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Sometimes reading the link helps if you want to contribute to the topic.

I agree with demo in this case, you should make it clear what you're linking to. The internet is not a safe place anymore and computer viruses are all over. 

22 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Just another piece of evidence that some people desire a racially superior position.  I didn't say anything about any "attacks".

So where is the "proof" of racial superiority in the link that you claimed exists? 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

So where is the "proof" of racial superiority in the link that you claimed exists? 

To state that white people never experience racial discrimination is just one example of the false narrative that those who want special privileges use to make their case to continue to receive preferences. 

BTW, I never said anything about "racial superiority".  You are guilty of twisting what I said into something else, something that you accused me of doing.

Edited by Smokey 1

1 minute ago, Smokey 1 said:

To state that white people never experience racial discrimination is just one example of the false narrative that those who want special privileges use to make their case to continue to receive preferences. 

You really have to see what you want to see to get that from the link. 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

You really have to see what you want to see to get that from the link. 

I was also thinking about the affirmative action thread when I posted.

48 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Then don't respond.

Or dont respond to me 

4 hours ago, hst2 said:

The socio-economic injustices done to Blacks, and are still done to Blacks calls for a political remedy. Affirmative action is such a remedy. Whites climb up the ladder on the backs of Blacks and then call down to them that they would help them but it would contradict their own devotion to equality under law.

This reasoning makes a mockery of such devotions.

You, sir, are obsessed with race. You really need to get a life. 

7 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

So, no white person has ever been asked where he or she originally came from?  Total BS.

The Border Patrol can stop your car up to 100 miles from the border and ask you that very question,

And detain you, taze you, arrest you and even shoot you if you refuse to answer!

12 hours ago, hst2 said:

Without even a quote? Im expected to go to a web site?

No thanks

If this thread proves anything, it shows that even an article full of fields and flowers leads to a catastrophically hilarious outrage festival.

26 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

I cannot wait for football to start.

HST has never watched or played a down in his life

31 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

I'm with you! Pre-season game Thursday night .

10 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Think the Ravens should sign Kaeperick? Or will they stick with the less qualified white guy?  :o

Now this is a popcorn worthy thread. Keep it coming guys. 

15 hours ago, hst2 said:

Asian Americans are not one group, but represent a variety of groups. Asian-Americans who have been under-represented in higher education, such as Vietnamese, Thai, Lao, Burmese, Filipino, Hmong, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander students benefit from Affirmative Action.

The facts.

Take away those inequities and Asian enrollment would do what it did at Caltech in California, where racial preferences are outlawed. In 1992, Asian enrollment was 25%. In 2013, it was 43%. According to Students for Fair Admission, an anti-affirmative action group, during the same period, Asian enrollment at Harvard, a staunch practitioner of affirmative action, went slightly downward, from 19% to 18%.

1 minute ago, SemiAuto said:

I don't see how this contradicts the post you are responding to.

32 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Think the Ravens should sign Kaeperick? Or will they stick with the less qualified white guy?  :o

Don't often agree with you, but picking Jay Cutler over anyone, including the end zone pylon, is a mystery to me.

3 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Don't often agree with you, but picking Jay Cutler over anyone, including the end zone pylon, is a mystery to me.

It's not to me. What owner wants that distraction?

Just now, bmore_ken said:

It's not to me. What owner wants that distraction?

I understand that position...but Cutler?  I'm not sure he's much of an upgrade over what his name, Vaughn or Mallett.