Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CROUSEMAN

Chris Davis clears revocable waivers

35 posts in this topic

Joe Angel admitted today that Davis is an "easy" out - then why is he batting Cleanup?

On 8/9/2017 at 8:23 PM, pitbull said:

Joe Angel admitted today that Davis is an "easy" out - then why is he batting Cleanup?

He batted 7th tonight. Jones hit cleanup.

Davis by month:

Avg/HR/RBI

.238   3   5 April
.222   8  16 May
.211   3   5 June
.212   3  11 July
.121   1   4 August

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Davis by month:

Avg/HR/RBI

.238   3   5 April
.222   8  16 May
.211   3   5 June
.212   3  11 July
.121   1   4 August

Pathetic....

If someone is stupid enough to take Davis, we should take advantage of that opportunity. I will say this for the guy, he is a great defensive first baseman. If we trade him we will see a drop in defense at 1B.

24 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

If someone is stupid enough to take Davis, we should take advantage of that opportunity. I will say this for the guy, he is a great defensive first baseman. If we trade him we will see a drop in defense at 1B.

I agree. Personally, I like Davis. But that contract was over-inflated from day one. And while he is really having a bad season, it really isn't all too unexpected, is it?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

I agree. Personally, I like Davis. But that contract was over-inflated from day one. And while he is really having a bad season, it really isn't all too unexpected, is it?

No it isn't.  Look back at 2014 thru today.  He had a red hot second half 2015 which our mgt foolishly got sucked in on.  The rest of the time he has pretty well sucked at the plate.  So what we are seeing right now is closer to the real Krush, not the fluke we saw in second half 2015.  Its called fools gold Buck.  Again, Bucks blind loyalty has back fired.  DD was ready to move on, no doubt in my mind.  Franchise crippling contract going forward.  I wonder whats up with his aderall use??  On it or off it?

Edited by CROUSEMAN

4 hours ago, Stoneman said:

Pathetic....

Ugh, that is just awful...I would happily trade him to Tigers for Verlander and we can share dead contracts. That was dumbest deal ever and if Buck was behind it he is an idiot. We should have let him go. 

19 minutes ago, OsfaninCA said:

Ugh, that is just awful...I would happily trade him to Tigers for Verlander and we can share dead contracts. That was dumbest deal ever and if Buck was behind it he is an idiot. We should have let him go. 

yeah especially with Trumbo already in fold on the cheap.  Really dumb. Buck whispering sweet nothings into the Kings ear.

When you strike out close to 50% of your official at bats, I'd say it's pretty difficult to even hit your weight.  I've said it once, I'll say it again...just amazing that a major league hitter has that much trouble making contact with a ball. And Trumbo isn't much better.